HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in God?  (Read 4812 times)
MVP

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2008, 10:40:09 pm »

I am going to write a book.  No telling you the plot because it has never been done before but it will have so many hidden things in it and have science backing it it will sell like fucking crazy. Just need to get off my ass and do it.

I went over the ideas with my wife and she agrees the bases of the book is going to kick some major balls.

i will tare down religion and the governments of this world scientifically but make it exciting to everyone.

Hello Me, It's Me again::laugh
Shadow_of_FEAR

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2008, 10:43:38 pm »

Graveyardawaken said:

Shadow_of_FEAR said:

Graveyardawaken said: heres the thing you ask a christian a question what do they do? whip out a bible.

funny thing about that, the bible wasn't written by their god it was written by those who interpreted what god would have wanted. There have been so many versions of the bible...it was in it's own way a government meant to keep them people in order anything taboo or unwanted could have easily been written in...think about it.

god...its kinda intresting you don't have to believe in the bible to believe god....i don't think the bible is even right in most situationsl...created by a bunch of guys that wanted control over people...roman catholic anyone

Let me put it this way i'm far too old for imaginary friends. i had a purple duck once tho. his name was manny he was brootal.

haha thats intresting however...i gota say that God may be around...however sometimes i find its hard to understand...but something higher in my opinion needs to be around...everything that he stands for is questionable...

"Control your life through insanity"

Cliff Burton
MVP

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2008, 10:46:16 pm »

The world is an accident and no Higher being is needed for that. that is how people get swooped up in religion. They just can't understand how something can be if it was not created by something.

Graveyardawaken
GOD
Community

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2008, 10:46:51 pm »

do it, theres so many contradictions to religion i'd love to see a book of them compiled. Have you ever noticed how when u ask a religious person a question they answer you with another question? also if not that they quote the bible which was not even written by their "creator"

Once my mom punished me by making me attend bible study with my sister who is very Christian and choose that for herself my parents never forced us into stuff. The bible study actually a discussion of the divinci code....and then after we discussed it they whipped out bibles and started to attempt contradict everything the movie had said. at the time i was like 10 and i threw out all these asshole questions...at the time it was probably pretty disrespectful but i was 10...they wouldnt answer my questions....they couldn't they would just read out of the bible....and i even said the bible wasn't written by god it was written by people who thought this is what he would have wanted. all they could say to me is it's called faith for a reason wtf kinda answer is that...if a 10 year old can own them and make them speechless they need a little more solid proof to back themselves up.

Graveyardawaken
GOD
Community

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2008, 10:47:35 pm »

MVP said: The world is an accident and no Higher being is needed for that. that is how people get swooped up in religion. They just can't understand how something can be if it was not created by something.

::finger defiantly.

Shadow_of_FEAR

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2008, 10:49:53 pm »

Graveyardawaken said: do it, theres so many contradictions to religion i'd love to see a book of them compiled. Have you ever noticed how when u ask a religious person a question they answer you with another question? also if not that they quote the bible which was not even written by their "creator"

Once my mom punished me by making me attend bible study with my sister who is very Christian and choose that for herself my parents never forced us into stuff. The bible study actually a discussion of the divinci code....and then after we discussed it they whipped out bibles and started to attempt contradict everything the movie had said. at the time i was like 10 and i threw out all these asshole questions...at the time it was probably pretty disrespectful but i was 10...they wouldnt answer my questions....they couldn't they would just read out of the bible....and i even said the bible wasn't written by god it was written by people who thought this is what he would have wanted. all they could say to me is it's called faith for a reason wtf kinda answer is that...if a 10 year old can own them and make them speechless they need a little more solid proof to back themselves up.

Intesting hahha but who knows about God...all we can do is talk about this and have our own opinions
::looking

Cliff Burton
Sex_E_Manbeast

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2008, 10:50:13 pm »

I will also say it is hypocritical to push anti-beliefs of christianity on christians because some christians push their religion on others. I respect anyone's religion. Except Satanism...I find that just silly.

Graveyardawaken
GOD
Community

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2008, 10:53:43 pm »

Sex_E_Manbeast said: I will also say it is hypocritical to push anti-beliefs of christianity on christians because some christians push their religion on others. I respect anyone's religion. Except Satanism...I find that just silly.

i find satanism silly.. but not LaVeyan satanists.
also this is a discussion thread so my true opinions are coming out on religion and i realize that talking about ti will get us no where cuz it is a matter of opinion but discussion is what it was created for and so i shall discuss it.

And because i am discussing ti it comes of seeming like i'm a hardcore antichrist kinda girl but no i highly respect peoples beliefs until they try and force them down my throat in a rude manner then i'll say something always.

My sister is a freaky religious Christian that enjoys shoving the bible in peoples faces i'm so use to it and dealing with he nonsense.

Shadow_of_FEAR

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2008, 10:55:13 pm »

Sex_E_Manbeast said: I will also say it is hypocritical to push anti-beliefs of christianity on christians because some christians push their religion on others. I respect anyone's religion. Except Satanism...I find that just silly.

im with this dude...it all opinion...satanism, hey thats a choice by some people just let them do it...i believe in god but that me...not the bible tho so

Cliff Burton
Sex_E_Manbeast

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2008, 11:01:12 pm »

Graveyardawaken said:

i find satanism silly.. but not LaVeyan satanists.
also this is a discussion thread so my true opinions are coming out on religion and i realize that talking about ti will get us no where cuz it is a matter of opinion but discussion is what it was created for and so i shall discuss it.

And because i am discussing ti it comes of seeming like i'm a hardcore antichrist kinda girl but no i highly respect peoples beliefs until they try and force them down my throat in a rude manner then i'll say something always.

My sister is a freaky religious Christian that enjoys shoving the bible in peoples faces i'm so use to it and dealing with he nonsense.
I'm pretty friendly to the mormons and the people who hand out the little New Testaments. They're very nice and polite, so I return the attitude. As long as its not rude rejection, all the ones i've encountered respect that. I do hate Evangelists though. At my college, they wait outside the student center (on nice days by the way, never in the rain or clouds...) and they have numerously pointed me out as a sinner because of the music I listen to and what it represents. i told them not to make assumptions on something they really know nothing about. I do enjoy some christian metal. I don't like being put on the spot like that out of a crowd.

Graveyardawaken
GOD
Community

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2008, 11:02:01 pm »

Shadow_of_FEAR said:

im with this dude...it all opinion...satanism, hey thats a choice by some people just let them do it...i believe in god but that me...not the bible tho so

i agree satanism is retarded in the "devil sense" some people that say their satanists mean their laVeyans which don't believe in a actual devil....they are just about indulgence and doing whats best for yourself, it's a very misinterpreted religion but if u do ur reading it's not anything close to your stereotypical devil worshiper.

MVP

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2008, 11:09:53 pm »

Graveyardawaken said: do it, theres so many contradictions to religion i'd love to see a book of them compiled. Have you ever noticed how when u ask a religious person a question they answer you with another question? also if not that they quote the bible which was not even written by their "creator"

I remember this one time back when I was 16. The entire group I hung out with used to do so on the main strip in Sana Barbara on Friday night. One night these two bible nerds came up to me and my buddy while we were in a big group of metaler's to push Christian religion on us. They had their kid with them and he was around ten or so. Well I surprised the fuck out of them knowing more about their bible then then and through out so tons of contradiction in it they had no answer to they eventually just turned on us. Instead of trying tell me what I was asking they turned and said they were still trying to figure out if we were girls because we had ling hair.

Their kid was laughing at them before that because I put them in their place so they retorted to name calling. Now mind you I was 100% respectful and just because they could not convert me and I made their kid laugh at them they turned into the evil they were preaching at me about.

If you are going to push your religion you better know the facts behind it first. Most that follow that stuff are half dumb and the other half are just scammers using it to get up on someone else using GOD as a tool.

"Lights, camera, silence on the set
Tape rolling, 3-2-1-action
Welcome to the church of Suicidal
We'll have a service and wonderful recital
But before we go on, there's something I must mention
An important message I must bring to your attention
I was in meditation and prayer last night
I was awakened by a shining bright light
Over head, a glorious spirit
He gave me a message and you all need to hear it
"Send me your money", that's what he said
He said to "Send me your money"
Now if you can only send a dollar or two
There aint a hell of alot I can do for you
But, if you want to see heaven's door
Make a check out for five hundred or more
"Send me your money", do you here what I'm saying?
"Send me your money"

Now give me some bass, um yea that's how he likes it
Now give me some silence, for all you sinners
Now give me some bass, yea that was funky
Now take them on home Brother Clark, send me your ...money
Here comes another con hiding behind a collar
His only god is the almighty dollar
He aint no prophet, he aint no healer
He's just a two bit goddamn money stealer
Send me your money
Send it, you got to send it
Send me your money
You hear what I'm saying?
Send it, send it
Send me your money
Now how much you give is your own choice
But to me it's the difference between a prosche and a Rolls
Royce
I want you to make it hurt when you dig into your pocket
I want you to make it hurt!
We'll take cash, we'll take checks
We'll take credit cards, we'll take jewelry
We'll take your momma's dentures if they got gold in them
So whose gonna be the next king of the fakers
Whose gonna take the place of Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker?
See my momma, she didn't raise no fool
Cause you can't put a price on a miracle
Amen"

Graveyardawaken
GOD
Community

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2008, 11:12:01 pm »

::finger::animatedlaugh

AllThatRots

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2008, 11:58:55 pm »

Graveyardawaken said:

burning_times said:

Sex_E_Manbeast said: I believe the educated created the Bible to let future generations have a guideline to live by. So what if they had to lie, its nothing new that our government does today. I believe the Bible sets a good outline for a righteous way of life, just most take it too far into evangelism and the weaker, uneducated followers express closed-mindedness. I have no problem with religion really, if someone's religion makes them happy, who are we to tell them not to fall for it? Leave them alone. Maybe then they will leave us alone and build tolerance. Its a push-push war that will never end.

No, I have no 'problem' with religious people per se, maybe my previous statement was a little harsh. I just think it's crazy that people let a little black book of stories dictate how they carry out their entire lives. I mean not all Christians are this way, but there are just way too many who are incredibly judgemental and have no understanding of other people's differences, my parents being those types of people for the most part. It's like, there's so little love that exists in the world today as it is. Maybe the human race would stand a chance if we learned to love eachother a little more instead of putting so much of that love, energy and faith into some intangible idea.
::surprise::surprise honestly you need to stop raping the words out of my mouth.

lol I'm not sure what you mean by that but it sounds like you agree and I'm glad

MVP

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 06, 2008, 12:05:32 am »

Raping and mouth in the same sentence::sinister

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: