HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Like Slipknot But...  (Read 906 times)
nazcapilot

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:05:15 pm »

Some of their fans are so outwardly ignorant that it's no wonder that people get pissed off by their fans. I'm proud to be a maggot, but at least I know how to form a sentence correctly. Unlike SOME people on YouTube. ::animatedlaugh

byebye

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:17:01 pm »

This is true about any band who's in the main stream. Main stream = More 13 year olds with an inability to spell in your fanbase. Personally, fanbases don't bother me. I just care if I like the band's music. Smiley
FF7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:26:12 am »

LordSimen said: This is true about any band who's in the main stream. Main stream = More 13 year olds with an inability to spell in your fanbase. Personally, fanbases don't bother me. I just care if I like the band's music. Smiley
Age doesn't always have to do with it...

On topic: Yeah. I know what you mean. I don't personally like Slipknot, but not because of the fans.

AllThatRots

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 12:35:09 am »

Slipknot fans are almost uniformly stupid, nothing new there

Master_Chief
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 12:42:33 am »

slipknot just sucks

they think they are the brutalest band out there

byebye

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 05:57:43 am »

FF7 said:

On topic: Yeah. I know what you mean. I don't personally like Slipknot, but not because of the fans.

And being a slipknot fan does? Look. We're all talking generally here. I'm not sayin every 13 year old is an unintelligent dumbass, but in the general grand scheme of things a ton of them are. Just like a ton of Slipknot fans tend to be dumbasses.

And if you think 13 year olds generally are intelligent, thoughtful beings with a grammer level that rivals that of a college student, then I suggest you go make browse Myspace for a day. Your opinion will change.
BehemothReigns

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 08:06:11 am »

it's really annoying, all the haters around who say just say SLIPKNOT totally suck.  i mean their music is really good, dont tell me the first time you heard the album SLIPKNOT you werent like, damn, this is some good metal, who is this?  just because they have become the mainstream doesnt mean they have compromised what they do best, and that is basically going out their and breaking new grounds in the metal scene.  everyone says they hate them because thats the THING to do, and theyre an easy target.  if u dont like them, shut the fuck up about them unless asked if u like them....i personally like them a lot.
METALIZATION
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 08:40:14 am »

::finger::finger
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 09:46:09 am »

Yeah they need to just drop thee whole image
WingedOctopus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 10:27:39 am »

I never was a real fan of the band. I can tolerate them, but their fans tend to strike a real nerve with me. Most of them walk around thinking Slipknot is the absolute most extreme thing ever. I will wear band shirts for groups they've never heard of, and they'll call it "emo shit" and stuff like that without ever listening to them. They curse like 4th graders. Most of them are near the bottom of our class.

The most annoying thing is when they say "Stay (sic)" when they have no clue what (sic) actually means

However, there are exceptions. I happen to have a bright friend who is a Slipknot fanatic. Though he says "the shit" a lot, he isn't like most other fans

::animatedlaugh Burger King Diamond
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 12:01:10 pm »

melikewafflesandpancakes said: Yeah they need to just drop thee whole image
and lose 5 useless members
WacoJesus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 12:23:21 pm »

LordSimen said:

FF7 said:

And being a slipknot fan does? Look. We're all talking generally here. I'm not sayin every 13 year old is an unintelligent dumbass, but in the general grand scheme of things a ton of them are. Just like a ton of Slipknot fans tend to be dumbasses.

And if you think 13 year olds generally are intelligent, thoughtful beings with a grammer level that rivals that of a college student, then I suggest you go make browse Myspace for a day. Your opinion will change.

I like how you go on talking about grammar levels and couldn't even spell grammar right.::animatedlaugh

byebye

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 12:25:33 pm »

ElitistDeathSquad said:
I like how you go on talking about grammar levels and couldn't even spell grammar right.::animatedlaugh

Thank you for the correction.
WacoJesus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 12:28:04 pm »

Don't thank me, thank my common sense.

byebye

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 12:36:05 pm »

Common sense wouldn't have missed the point of my post, which you seemed to have done.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: