HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Take Action tour - Detroit & Milwaukee  (Read 1982 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2008, 07:23:42 pm »

I went to the first 2 dates of the Take Action tour. The Detroit show was PACKED, and the Milwaukee show was less than half full. Surprising.

The Human Abstract opened the show. This was my first time seeing them. They were GREAT... such awesome musicians. They played 2 songs from their upcoming new CD + "Mea Culpa" and ended w/ "Crossing the Rubicon." They may have played 1 more. I don't remember.

August Burns Red was the band I was looking forward to most b/c I've been a big fan since THRILL SEEKER, but I've never seen em live. They were AMAZING. The floor was a war zone during their set, and they left the crowd chanting for 1 more song. Their setlist was something like:

(don't remember 1st song)
up against the ropes
the eleventh hour
the truth of a liar
your little suburbia is in ruins
back burner

The Bled was next and were excellent as well. They stole the show in Milwaukee. I hadn't seen em since they opened for Poison the Well back during the PASS THE FLASK days. The ended w/ "Red Wedding."

From First to Last was the black sheep on this tour. There were 2 types of fans on this tour... the FFTL fans and the all-the-other-bands fans. They didn't get a lot of love from the heavy music fans, but I thought they were a much needed change of flavor at this show. Their singer's voice got VERY annoying, though. Their set dragged on a bit too long. I would've much rather had the first 3 bands each get an extra 10 min. instead.

Every Time I Die headlined and were kick-ass as always. You can tell that they love playing live, and their music is great as well. The highlight of the show for me was the greatly unexpected "Apocalypse Now & Then." That song is sweet! They also played my 2 favorite songs of theirs ("cities and years" and "Floater"). When talking about "Emergency Broadcast Syndrome," Keith called the song, "So old it's in Jesus' yearbook." hehehe. ETID's setlist:

we'rewolf
apocalypse now & then
cities and years
kill the music
off broadway
no son of mine
pigs is pigs
floater
bored stiff
I've been gone a long time
rendez-voodoo
inrihab
emergency broadcast syndrome
the new black
ebolarama

This tour was great. I loved it... great lineup, except maybe FFTL, but they were tolerable. The first 3 bands were superior in my opinion. Then again, maybe that's b/c I've seen ETID 4 times since October. If you go, get there early.
Grinfucked

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 10:05:28 pm »

omg they did both Kill the music and Apocolaypse! My 2 fav songs! Hey how was the hxc problem, alot of it, or was there some moshing?

KevinDeets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 07:30:30 pm »

The stupid hxc dancers were present during ABR, but that's about it.  ABR was amazing, though!
nomore123456

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 08:34:05 pm »

I'm going to this on March 21st.  I am really looking forward to seeing ETID again.  It will be my first time seeing ABR, THA, FFTL and The Bled...the only band I'm not looking forward to seeing is FFTL.  THA, The Bled and ABR are all great on CD, so I'm hoping they'll be great live too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: