HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ramones vs Malice Mizer vs The Smashing Pumpkins  (Read 1019 times)
SATAN

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 04:13:18 pm »

Ascetic_Priest said:
SATAN said:
Ascetic_Priest said:
TechDevil said:
WingedOctopus said:
melikewafflesandpancakes said: Ramones are good but why listen to them when their's misfits

Amen to that

That answer sucks. The Misfits copied the Ramones and just added a horror theme. Hell, they wanna be Ramones so bad that when you see them on tour now, half their set is Ramones songs. No bullshit.

This makes me think that you've never even heard the Misfits ::animatedlaugh

*every* first-wave hardcore band jacked the ramones sound. besides, he's right. i saw the misfits about 3 years ago and they probably played as many ramones songs as misfits. it sucked.

Yeah, well, that is to be expected considering the current line-up.  I've seen the Misfits with a number of line-ups and I agree that the current "aging punk star"  line-up is far from their best.....however, I still don't see why you believe that the Misfits "copied" the Ramones....I've listened to both bands for years and I don't see the connection,especially with the Misfits' older work with Danzig.::confused

i thought you were brighter than this. the ramones were the first true-blood punk band. every band that came after them to define hardcore used their sonic assault. not just the misfits, but the pistols, the damned, the clash...all of them. i like the misfits...a lot, in fact...but to deny that the ramones had a big impact on their sound is silly.

TechDevil

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 03:13:12 am »

SATAN said:
Ascetic_Priest said:
SATAN said:
Ascetic_Priest said:
TechDevil said:
WingedOctopus said:
melikewafflesandpancakes said: Ramones are good but why listen to them when their's misfits

Amen to that

That answer sucks. The Misfits copied the Ramones and just added a horror theme. Hell, they wanna be Ramones so bad that when you see them on tour now, half their set is Ramones songs. No bullshit.

This makes me think that you've never even heard the Misfits ::animatedlaugh

*every* first-wave hardcore band jacked the ramones sound. besides, he's right. i saw the misfits about 3 years ago and they probably played as many ramones songs as misfits. it sucked.

Yeah, well, that is to be expected considering the current line-up.  I've seen the Misfits with a number of line-ups and I agree that the current "aging punk star"  line-up is far from their best.....however, I still don't see why you believe that the Misfits "copied" the Ramones....I've listened to both bands for years and I don't see the connection,especially with the Misfits' older work with Danzig.::confused

i thought you were brighter than this. the ramones were the first true-blood punk band. every band that came after them to define hardcore used their sonic assault. not just the misfits, but the pistols, the damned, the clash...all of them. i like the misfits...a lot, in fact...but to deny that the ramones had a big impact on their sound is silly.

Preach on brotha!

I STILL BELIEVE!
MVP

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 03:19:53 am »

Ramones

Hello Me, It's Me again::laugh
deathnote

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 12:02:40 am »

jimbob232 said:
WingedOctopus said: