HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who started Thrash Metal?  (Read 1974 times)
BehemothReigns

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 12:21:35 pm »

hatesillynames said:

BehemothReigns said: wow, seriously fuck off.  Slayer and Metallica were way more definitive than Megadeth could ever hope to be.  Megashit has it's place in thrash, but there are so many better bands.  I would have to go with Metallica basicly copying Mortorhead but getting it out there effectively.  and Slayer is fucking Slayer.  they just do what they do and do it best::finger::finger::finger
[/QUOTE
Uh......yeah...right.  You do realise that dave mustaine was in metallica, and co-wrote most of the songs on their first album and that Kerry King was in Megadeth for a short time before going back to record with slayer.  The question is not who is the better band, but who strarted thrash.  I am not saying Mustaine started thrash, but he was HIGHLY influencial in developing thrash.  And Metallica copied Motorhead? I dont think so, ever hear of Diamondhead or mabye Blitzkrieg?

yes, i know of Dave's involvement in early Metallica, and Kerry King's in Megadeth, but that has nothing to do with it.  I said that Metallica had a larger influence.  also, yes, Metallica did copy Motorhead to a certain extent, the resemblence in their music is unmistakable
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 02:36:36 pm »

I'm not gonna read all this shit but I think Blind lllusion started it though I may be completely off
ZonedWithinRage
Community

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 07:54:26 pm »

Ha funny..BI huh.

devilmusik

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 07:56:56 pm »

motorhead
sampson

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 09:56:09 pm »

Sex_E_Manbeast said: I believe Motorhead laid the foundation for thrash to develop.

Definitely.

People who don't like Ozzy but spend all their time on his board need to get lives.
Anything >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Caex's Life
gravity5x

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 10:00:49 pm »

sampson said:

Sex_E_Manbeast said: I believe Motorhead laid the foundation for thrash to develop.

Definitely.

Agreed Motorhead had alot of influence on alot of the thrash metal bands that came out after them they were the original Thrash Metal artists
Handerson

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 11:41:23 pm »

well, the 4 main bands generally credited with the invention of thrash are Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, and Metallica. However, those are the 4 that got the most exposure with thrash (and early slayer was more like early black metal, which, judging by the band photos in the Show No Mercy sleeve, thats what they were going for) Id like to think that thrash was started by every band that decided "we dont want to be Glam" or as Dave Mustaine put it "Gay L.A. Metal" bands that didnt want to tease up their hair and wear high heeled boots. Bands that didnt want to look like the cover of Poisons "Look What The Cat Dragged In" Bands that didnt want to be catchy, but heavy

I am the DICTATOR, and I rule with an IRON DICK!!!
SatyriKING

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 11:48:27 pm »

This is true... Than along came Venom, and straight back for the barrage of Bay Area Thrash from "Metallica" to Nuclear Assault and Acid Reign..  As for who laid the foundation?  Motorhead, Mercyful Fate, Bathory, ...  But NWOBHM pretty much laid down the path for it.

King Diamond>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ozzy
Me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Caex
SatyriKING

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 11:53:14 pm »

Handerson said: well, the 4 main bands generally credited with the invention of thrash are Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, and Metallica. However, those are the 4 that got the most exposure with thrash (and early slayer was more like early black metal, which, judging by the band photos in the Show No Mercy sleeve, thats what they were going for) Id like to think that thrash was started by every band that decided "we dont want to be Glam" or as Dave Mustaine put it "Gay L.A. Metal" bands that didnt want to tease up their hair and wear high heeled boots. Bands that didnt want to look like the cover of Poisons "Look What The Cat Dragged In" Bands that didnt want to be catchy, but heavy

Uhh alot of bay area thrash was already comming out before Antrax and 'Deth..  Such as Testament, Exodus, Dark Angel, Death Angel, ..

King Diamond>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ozzy
Me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Caex
Obey
Community

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 06:28:01 am »

Black Sabbath started Heavy Metal, Death (and Possessed) started Death Metal, Venom and Celtic Frost started Black Metal but "Thrash was not started by a single band".

QFT!

theBear

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 07:20:34 am »

Ok if you actually think Motorhead is a Metal band then they have been laying down the longest.

I absolutely love Motorhead, I'd wager blood, that it's more than anyone on this site. .
In 79 as 80 loomed I had the glory to live in a hovel squat in Picadilly, other tenants of the hous in the days were They loved the in your face pain[metal] but understood the in fast rip their brain out off true punk. Fuck you all but Matlock and Topper lived in the the same squat

4 GA ticks awaiting new owners
theBear

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 07:36:39 am »

......Fuck an edit.....
The tenement days were with wallace during the Parole period.

Now Trash beyond Head were slayer and testament[american we won't get into the horn]. Now Did slayer grove before or after Kerry's hiatus in megadeth ? . It was after and being that, that developed at the same time Chuck Billy's ever ending trash project was laying down. He is after all a better araya than araya, So slayer may win out but in a headted rat race.
  Ever wonder why one of the best drummer swapped trash bands to create a brilliant album [I ungroved my first disk to unplayable...the gathering...with Testament....at that time it was the greatest metalband, untouchable in ability lineup].

4 GA ticks awaiting new owners
Strat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 05:16:38 pm »

BehemothReigns said:  and Slayer is fucking Slayer.  they just do what they do and do it best::finger::finger::finger

lol... suck ass?

Accept is the biggest influence on Speed Metal; that whole sub-genre was based on "Fast as a shark".  Had nothing to do with thrash.

Holy Moses was the first thrash band in Germany.... also coined the term black metal long before vemon. (But it was a demo... so no one mentions it)

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 05:36:41 pm »

Black Sabbath started Heavy Metal, Death (and Possessed) started Death Metal, Venom and Celtic Frost started Black Metal but "Thrash was not started by a single band".

Obey
Community

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2009, 05:38:15 pm »

BTW it seems they deleted your original post Zoned but i remember most of it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: