HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I AM SICK OF THIS ANTI POWER METAL BULLSHIT!!!!  (Read 1480 times)
PeddlerOfDoom

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2008, 12:24:27 am »

What the fuck is with these assholes who are always talking shit about power metal? They say it's gay, cheesey, and some say it isn't even metal. They also say that people who are into it are nerds. I'm a power metal fan, care to call me a nerd? 'Cause I've got no problem pushing your Dragonforce-hating ass in front of a subway train mother fucker!
And just what makes your metal any more "valid"? "Ooh, I'm a death metal fan, I love anything dark and brutal and that makes me so fucking cool and u're a fag! Deicide rules!"
Personally, I like any kind of metal, Death, Black, Thrash, Speed, etc but power metal just happens to be my favorite. I like it for it's musical proficiency and catchy-yet-heavy anthemic tunes. The medieval stuff is cool to. The sheer darkness and brutality of Black and death metal is cool to. Forgive me for having a multilayered personality.
As for people who call it "Happy metal" what's wrong with listening to metal and feeling happy? Isn't that the whole point of listening to music in general? You see My life sucks ass right now and I listen to Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden, Dio, Judas Priest, Dragonforce, Accept and Hammerfall to feel better. And when I'm in the mood I'll listen to Mayhem, Burzum, Cannibal Corpse, Amon Amarth, etc. If you think that's gay than you are more than likely in middle school or you simply have self esteem issues and you need to tear down someone else to feel good. Either way, you still have the mindset of a 14 year old. And you call me pathetic?
Once more, if you hate power metal, than you have no business listening to metal at all. Of all current metal genres, power metal most closely resembles the classics such as Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, early Rainbow, Deep purple, and all of the NWOBHM bands. This, if anything, gives it more metal validity than anything else.
If you really must rip on something, rip on emo. Give those whiney little bitches more reason to kill themselves.

whew, I needed to vent.
Sex_E_Manbeast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 01:25:50 pm »

I don't like a lot of power metal. But there are some good kickass bands such as Iced Earth, Helloween, King Diamond, etc.

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 01:42:44 pm »

Sex_E_Manbeast said: I don't like a lot of power metal. But there are some good kickass bands such as King Diamond, etc.

::confused

Sex_E_Manbeast

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:43:44 pm »

watchwolf said:
Sex_E_Manbeast said: I don't like a lot of power metal. But there are some good kickass bands such as King Diamond, etc.

What do you consider King Diamond to be? I see power metal due to his vocals and the style of guitar solos.

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 02:04:50 pm »

Sex_E_Manbeast said:
watchwolf said:

What do you consider King Diamond to be? I see power metal due to his vocals and the style of guitar solos.

Heavy Metal.

Sex_E_Manbeast

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 03:07:52 pm »

watchwolf said:
Sex_E_Manbeast said:
watchwolf said:

Heavy Metal.
Ahhh!! I guess I can see that.

Meshuggahailmeshuggah1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 12:50:34 pm »

i like chicken.

SEE YOU IN TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::animatedlaugh
Ascetic_Priest

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 01:36:48 pm »

I can't stand most power metal, Iron Maiden and Dragonforce are the exception to that rule....Are you gonna cry about it?  Go change your diaper and cry someplace else ::finger

byebye

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 02:03:57 pm »

I don't get the anti power metal shit ever, it's a great genre of music.
PeddlerOfDoom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 03:01:11 pm »

Ascetic_Priest said: I can't stand most power metal, Iron Maiden and Dragonforce are the exception to that rule....Are you gonna cry about it?  Go change your diaper and cry someplace else ::finger

Apperently you don't understand the difference between a cry and a threat. I am quite serious about what I said about throwing people like you in front of a train.....
By the way, how can you possibly like dragonforce and also say you hate power metal. Even I think that dragonforce are a bit over the top.
Go listen to the misfits and "make trouble for the establishment". kweef.
::animatedlaugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: