HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most influential bands of metal  (Read 2629 times)
Bleedfreek

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 09:25:19 pm »

Not one of you mentioned THEE most influential band ever....LED  ZEPPELIN.   Led Zep and Black Sabbath are the most infuential bands of modern day meTal.  Hands down...case closed.

Magnoodle

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 09:33:08 pm »

My spell checker hates Led Zeppelen and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Rock on, my man. Rock on.

Bexi

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 09:38:13 pm »

Magnoodle said: My spell checker hates Led Zeppelen and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

What the fuckin' shit is a led zeppelen? It makes me so mad when people misspell it. A Led Zeppelin is a real thing, therefore your spell check shouldn't have a problem.
They're the fuckin' gods man. I don't take my Led Zeppelin lightly.

Bleedfreek

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 09:40:11 pm »

^ What she said

Magnoodle

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 09:40:43 pm »

...oh...
*is a tard*
And I didn't say I don't like them. I mean, I'm not a fan but I've yet to hear a Zeppelin song I disliked.

Rock on, my man. Rock on.

sampson

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 09:42:52 pm »

I would say Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden would be the pioneers. Motorhead definitely deserves more credit than they get out of those four though. They're fucking awesome.

People who don't like Ozzy but spend all their time on his board need to get lives.
Anything >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Caex's Life
devilmusik

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 09:43:50 pm »

black sabbath
led zeppelin
judas priest
iron maiden
motorhead
metallica
pantera
Bexi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 09:44:51 pm »

I know you didn't say you didn't like them. What I meant is have some respect and learn to spell it right.

See these kids need to be educated, I hate when you wanna let the Led out and you decide to download some and it comes up all spelled wrong, it's annoying because a Zeppelin is an actual thing, and therefore the spelling should just be known. I'm picky about spelling too apparently.  To quit my bitching...does everyone know the story of how Led Zeppelin got their name? ::animatedlaugh

sampson

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 09:47:42 pm »

A manager (or something) once commented that the band would go down "like a lead zeppelin", and so they named themselves that.

People who don't like Ozzy but spend all their time on his board need to get lives.
Bexi

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 09:51:55 pm »

sampson said: A manager (or something) once commented that the band would go down "like a lead zeppelin", and so they named themselves that.

The Who said that, that's what makes the story funny to me. Cause The Who are fuckin' rockin' but no where near Led Zeppelin.

sampson

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 09:53:48 pm »

Shit I had no idea that The Who said that. Learn something new every day.....

Bexi

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 09:56:42 pm »

Yeah man it's a pretty cool fuckin' story I think. I love the old rock stories, they make my life that much brighter.

Bleedfreek

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 09:59:51 pm »

You can thank the blues for Led Zep.  You can thank the blues for modern metal.  Led Zep stemmed from the blues.  In fact, they stole riffs from early blues legends.  Songs like "Dazed And Confused" are a direct rip off from Jake Holmes.  The lyrics from "Whole Lotta Love" are from the Willie Dixon's "You Need Love."  

::c_stare

Bexi

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 10:02:05 pm »

Bleedfreek said: You can thank the blues for Led Zep.  You can thank the blues for modern metal.  Led Zep stemmed from the blues.  In fact, they stole riffs from early blues legends.  Songs like "Dazed And Confused" are a direct rip off from Jake Holmes.  The lyrics from "Whole Lotta Love" are from the Willie Dixon's "You Need Love."  

::c_stare

So true.

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 10:07:31 pm »

sampson said: A manager (or something) once commented that the band would go down "like a lead zeppelin", and so they named themselves that.

Apparently he never saw MythBusters.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: