HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What really is a Sell Out  (Read 7794 times)
mynekogirl

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 21, 2008, 04:37:51 pm »

I dont see how MEGADEATH even qualifes as being sold out.  They just stick to the same music genre that brought them fame.  They have parted ways for now.

Take a look at Dimebag.  I would not dare call him a sell out but there has been some who have until his death and then he eraned the respect again.  Thats another point of my thread.  Too many people use sellout too easily.  I think thebest example was the guy in this forum who brought up KISS.  I remember as a young girl Kiss breaking out.  You had lunch boxes, dolls, action figures, underoos for boys if you remember them.  A stupid movie cartoons i think to include a spot on Scooby Doo (iif i am correct, I believe I am wrong though) yes when they play a concert you get some people rush out to buy white face piant and black makeup.  Is KISS metal?  No but when you think about if how many of you guys in here have images with metal bands wearing white and black face paint?  

That inspiration had to come from some were?::surprise::sinister
THEBURNED

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 21, 2008, 04:46:58 pm »

slayer1__ said: I didn't say that I said your an asshole for not liking Megadeth, my musical taste is not at question here yours is. I admit I listen to some Mainstream but it is not my total preference. There aint nothing wrong with listening to some mainstream you almost can't help it if you listen to the radio at all. But to not like Megadeth WTF R U THINKIN?

how is my musical preference EVER in question?

if you are an avid poster on this board you know what type of music i listen to..and its not megadeth.
Master_Chief
Community

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 21, 2008, 04:52:18 pm »

Metallica

/Thread

THEBURNED

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 21, 2008, 04:54:09 pm »

Master_Chief said: Metallica

/Thread

\m/
metulz
Ace_Rothstein

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 21, 2008, 04:55:54 pm »

mynekogirl said: I dont see how MEGADEATH even qualifes as being sold out.  They just stick to the same music genre that brought them fame.  They have parted ways for now.

Take a look at Dimebag.  I would not dare call him a sell out but there has been some who have until his death and then he eraned the respect again.  Thats another point of my thread.  Too many people use sellout too easily.  I think thebest example was the guy in this forum who brought up KISS.  I remember as a young girl Kiss breaking out.  You had lunch boxes, dolls, action figures, underoos for boys if you remember them.  A stupid movie cartoons i think to include a spot on Scooby Doo (iif i am correct, I believe I am wrong though) yes when they play a concert you get some people rush out to buy white face piant and black makeup.  Is KISS metal?  No but when you think about if how many of you guys in here have images with metal bands wearing white and black face paint?  

I think a few boys in here still wear Kiss underoos.
mynekogirl

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2008, 04:59:58 pm »

Ace_Rothstein said:

mynekogirl said: I dont see how MEGADEATH even qualifes as being sold out.  They just stick to the same music genre that brought them fame.  They have parted ways for now.

I think a few boys in here still wear Kiss underoos.

ouch.  Dont say that too loud Poobobo will get all excited and go Micheal Jackson on this board
mynekogirl

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2008, 10:35:31 pm »

Hey Norbit (Poobobo) I bet you have a set huh?  Big  Superman edition!
TheNotoriousJaz

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 22, 2008, 05:29:14 am »

THEBURNED said:

slayer1__ said:
You also need one. Mustaine is the shit. I think you and Ace rothstein are the only 2 people I've ever talked to that don't like Megadeth, but then again that really aint sayin much for your taste in music!

so because i don't listen to radio metal bands like you do, i have bad taste in music? i guess that makes sense.

I don't like Megadeth.
I know plenty of people that don't, actually.
It's just preference in music. Not everyone is going to like bands you like, get off it.
I think Mustaine is a douche. He was pissed that he wasn't in Metallica anymore, so he made his own band. Yeah they're OK, but I just don't like them. It has a lot to do with him. He's pretty much a prick from what I've heard, and that makes me not like them. I like my musicians to be relatively down to earth. I've met plenty of bands and most metal bands are pretty nice. Some are douches, thus I put their albums aside.
Just because people don't like a band you like doesn't mean their musical taste sucks...

"stand and deliver or the devil he may take you"
http://www.myspace.com/maaxmetal
mynekogirl

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 22, 2008, 08:43:39 am »

Welll we will see what goes on with Megadeath and whether or not it is still going t court over the use of the name.  I knowDave Mustain its fighting to keep the name solely for his own use
Bloodfury

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2008, 08:52:46 am »

You're kidding, right?

mynekogirl said: I want to know is how the Roling Stones managed to stay the way they have without a change.  I have never known them to change for any trend
mynekogirl

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2008, 08:56:43 am »

Bloodfury said: You're kidding, right?

mynekogirl said: I want to know is how the Roling Stones managed to stay the way they have without a change.  I have never known them to change for any trend

They have made changes but not drastic ones.  Remember they were the first band to give a song about Satan and still come back in the 80's about how a girl looks so fine she makes dead men orgasm.  They just stick to being thier own
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: