HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Run in with a idiot cop.  (Read 4091 times)
Graveyardawaken
GOD
Community

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2008, 02:19:50 am »

fuck ok seriously

i just got back from eating at denny's with my bf

on our way home a cop pulls us over and were insanely confused because he wasn't speeding and/or doing anything illegal. He get out of the car and Pat has his lis.and reg all ready and waiting, but he is completely unconcerned the first thing he says is to me and it's "i notice you were fiddling with something in your pocket" and i'm like it's my ipod and he's like have you ever smoked marijuana?

Of course i reply no (and i really haven't) and he asks any other drugs..and i'm like no. so he's like i'm gonna walk around to your side and talk with you for a minute, so he comes over and i roll down the window he shines his flashlight in my eyes and he's like your pupils aren't dilating, and i'm freaked out saying theres no reason they shouldn't be..and he proceeds to ask me if i have drugs i continue to say no and he's like well anything small basically i don't want you to just dick around with me so i tell him i'm serious i don't have anything you can search my purse and pocket the only thing i smoke is cigarettes. and then he's like i'll be right back no ticket or anything i'll get you on your way, so he comes back and asks if i have any questions and i'm just like no i'm just freaked out right now because nothing like this is happened to me before and i swear u can check my purse...he's like well maybe you just have large pupils.

so then i remembered once my sister got pulled over and they pulled the same thing and they drove her home and bitched at my mom about her pupils so i told the cop that and he said maybe it's something in the family because your answering my questions just fine. So then he left and i'm pissed off, because it besmirches my character even if he is some dumb cop i don't want people thinking i do that shit.

then it dawns on me in order for him to see me dwindling around in my pocket he would have had to have seen me pretty good...and i almost wonder if it's what i looked like that made him pull me over if i was wearing American eagle and had blond hair i don't think i would have had a problem i reallllly think i was profiled.

has anything like this ever happened to you guys because cops and store security flows me around everywhere because of how i look.

P.S just shined a flashlight in my eyes...their dilating perfectly.

i don't know i'm pissed.

Graveyardawaken
GOD
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 02:24:19 am »

*follows

Live????DD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 02:29:55 am »

oh yeah, I get harassed all the time. I got my entire car torn apart because I went for my registration and the faggot thought a piece of lettuce was weed. and I get the whole "when was the last time you smoked crystal meth" bullshit and the pupil bullshit too. I had had 2 cups of coffee that night and a 16 oz rockstar and I just drove an hour and a half home from riverside.

....and of course my pupils are dillating. you're shining that light in my face BITCH!

PORCH MONKEY 4 LYFE!
Distance
Community

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 04:51:16 pm »

that's super rude.  eff that.

one morning i was driving by a cop, lighting a cigarette.  he must have thought i was lighting a joint or something but he pulled me over, saying i was going 65 in a 55.  hah no, because i had my cruise on.  and i didn't get a ticket.   oink.

pigs must get bored and have to go pick on people.
KILLy_Munster_31

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 11:59:50 pm »

Police can be annoying pricks! I have had a few run in with them that were so bogus! Thats why I am a cabber/bus rider when I party!
lurker411_k9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 09:14:47 am »

I was riding home from ozzfest 06 with a friend and we live about 2 and half hours away from the venue so we were a little confused on how to get home. Maybe 10 minutes after we left we got pulled over, cause apparently an "eyewittness" called us in as "swerving all over the road" (which is bullshit cause my friend maybe weaved a little). The cop looked at us and immediately called for backup (I'm white btw). They asked my friend four times if he was on drugs and he said no each time (he really wasn't). They then looked him in the eye and told him he was lying! They went through the rudimentary tests and finally let us go after half an hour. 10 minutes later they pulled us over AGAIN and did the exact same shit. After an hour we were finally able to leave, as they couldn't prove shit.

tl;dr - Fuck cops. I have yet to meet a useful cop. They're more interested in trivial bullshit than doing their job.

DonkeyPunch

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 12:45:28 am »

All I can say in their defense is that for every 100 people they pull over that are just fine, there is the 1 or 2 that have arrest warrants, are drunk, or really are on drugs. Yea, I think we all have had a run in or 2 with an officer. I don't want to admit it in this company, but I am in the police academy right now. Hopefully in another 3 or 4 months I will have a career. But let me give you a few secrets.

#1. Even if they don't have a reason to suspect it, police will always ask "do you have any drugs in the car" "have you smoked anything today" "have you been drinking" "any weapons"... Not because they have a reason to believe you do, they want to see your reaction. They ask a lot of useless and dumb questions because they want to see how you interact, how you speak (if it is slowed and slurred or rapid and uneven), just generally how you carry yourself. Being nervous or scared is fine and normal. The officer is watching to see if you keep looking around (known as "being on a swivel") if you keep looking to a certain spot (the glove box, under a seat) or if you keep "playing" with something (meaning you are looking for the first opportunity to get rid of something) Getting progressively nervous is normal. A car full of nervous people the second you walk up to the window is NOT normal.

#2 Never ever volunteer to a search. If they ask you tell them no. Even if you have nothing at all and have no reason to fear a search, say no. Don't think that your being unhelpful, and don't worry about upsetting him. If they really want to search the car it will only take them a half hour tops to get the warrant they need to do it without your permission. Them asking you for permission means he does not have enough to get a warrant. If they tell you they are going to call a K9 unit simply nod your head and say ok. This is another tactic to get you to comply with unneeded demands. You do not consent to a search because if the officer damages your car it will take you months to get any type of compensation. Also once they begin the search you are considered "detained" and if they really want to be a dick, they can hold you for up to 12 hours at that point. Even if they find nothing in the car. You are still detained for "further questioning"

#3 Profiling is not illegal. Neither is being lied too (it works both ways) An officer can conduct a stop at his discretion. It is frowned upon, but it isn't illegal. lying to an officer is not illegal, and neither is him lying to you. The only time it is illegal to lie is under oath, or to a federal agent. Remember that. If your at all in doubt about something he is saying politely ask if you are under arrest. If they say no again politely ask if you can leave. As soon as you ask that they either need to let you go, or they need to place you under arrest. The biggest mistake people make is talking to much. Honestly, the best thing to do is keep your answers to Yes or No, and if asked anything else, thats when you ask about being under arrest.

All of this is Illinois state and Chicago municipal law. It varies slightly in other states (such as the time of detention before they must release or charge) If your ever ever ever in doubt ask to leave, if they arrest you ask for a lawyer the second they put you in the back of the squad car. Then do not say a single word. They can not legally ask you any other questions until your lawyer is present. I hope that massive list helps at least 1 person.

Also, please don't think as police officers as evil dicks that just want to fuck with you. Some of us really do want to help people.  They many have inconvenienced you, but they are just making sure that there is not dangerous people in their town.
thebloodcountess

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 03:27:36 pm »

hey, i'm new here...  just wanna share my story...

so, some fucker who drove an suv t-boned my tiny ass cavalier... and of course, cops were called... when they got there, all they did was ask us if we needed an ambulance and when we said no, they fuckin left! didn't even fill out an accident report, none of that... they didn't even get out of their car... they just rolled their window down and that was about it...

there was a couple guys that saw the accident, that drove around the block and pulled up to us to see if we were OK... at least perfect strangers will come through for you when the cops won?HuhHuh?t, huh?..

protect and serve assholes!!

kill or be killed...
puffpuffpass
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 03:40:56 pm »

thebloodcountess said: hey, i'm new here...  just wanna share my story...

so, some fucker who drove an suv t-boned my tiny ass cavalier... and of course, cops were called... when they got there, all they did was ask us if we needed an ambulance and when we said no, they fuckin left! didn't even fill out an accident report, none of that... they didn't even get out of their car... they just rolled their window down and that was about it...

there was a couple guys that saw the accident, that drove around the block and pulled up to us to see if we were OK... at least perfect strangers will come through for you when the cops won?HuhHuh?t, huh?..

you should've reported those cops.

puffpuffpass
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 03:46:02 pm »

i love the police in my town. they're so fuckin clueless.

SatanicS1aughter said: All I can say in their defense is that for every 100 people they pull over that are just fine, there is the 1 or 2 that have arrest warrants, are drunk, or really are on drugs. Yea, I think we all have had a run in or 2 with an officer. I don't want to admit it in this company, but I am in the police academy right now. Hopefully in another 3 or 4 months I will have a career. But let me give you a few secrets.

#1. Even if they don't have a reason to suspect it, police will always ask "do you have any drugs in the car" "have you smoked anything today" "have you been drinking" "any weapons"... Not because they have a reason to believe you do, they want to see your reaction. They ask a lot of useless and dumb questions because they want to see how you interact, how you speak (if it is slowed and slurred or rapid and uneven), just generally how you carry yourself. Being nervous or scared is fine and normal. The officer is watching to see if you keep looking around (known as "being on a swivel") if you keep looking to a certain spot (the glove box, under a seat) or if you keep "playing" with something (meaning you are looking for the first opportunity to get rid of something) Getting progressively nervous is normal. A car full of nervous people the second you walk up to the window is NOT normal.

#2 Never ever volunteer to a search. If they ask you tell them no. Even if you have nothing at all and have no reason to fear a search, say no. Don't think that your being unhelpful, and don't worry about upsetting him. If they really want to search the car it will only take them a half hour tops to get the warrant they need to do it without your permission. Them asking you for permission means he does not have enough to get a warrant. If they tell you they are going to call a K9 unit simply nod your head and say ok. This is another tactic to get you to comply with unneeded demands. You do not consent to a search because if the officer damages your car it will take you months to get any type of compensation. Also once they begin the search you are considered "detained" and if they really want to be a dick, they can hold you for up to 12 hours at that point. Even if they find nothing in the car. You are still detained for "further questioning"

#3 Profiling is not illegal. Neither is being lied too (it works both ways) An officer can conduct a stop at his discretion. It is frowned upon, but it isn't illegal. lying to an officer is not illegal, and neither is him lying to you. The only time it is illegal to lie is under oath, or to a federal agent. Remember that. If your at all in doubt about something he is saying politely ask if you are under arrest. If they say no again politely ask if you can leave. As soon as you ask that they either need to let you go, or they need to place you under arrest. The biggest mistake people make is talking to much. Honestly, the best thing to do is keep your answers to Yes or No, and if asked anything else, thats when you ask about being under arrest.

All of this is Illinois state and Chicago municipal law. It varies slightly in other states (such as the time of detention before they must release or charge) If your ever ever ever in doubt ask to leave, if they arrest you ask for a lawyer the second they put you in the back of the squad car. Then do not say a single word. They can not legally ask you any other questions until your lawyer is present. I hope that massive list helps at least 1 person.

Also, please don't think as police officers as evil dicks that just want to fuck with you. Some of us really do want to help people.  They many have inconvenienced you, but they are just making sure that there is not dangerous people in their town.

thanks for sharing that.

nuker420

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 06:37:47 pm »

All i can say about cops is 3 words SUCK MY COCK ::finger::finger

::sinister::finger::surprise::sinister::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger
MJ_80
The Freak
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 07:00:54 pm »

I was driving from Ontario to PA once and as I was trying to cross the border the border cop was all over me. Asked me over and over if I've ever smoked pot in my car and I was like I don't smoke pot at all which is true. I just had a cig and I told him that, he held me up for like 20 mins or so asking the same fucking questions over and over again. I know it ain't the same thing but still pissed me off.

dimebagisgod2332

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 02:38:43 am »

Graveyardawaken said:
has anything like this ever happened to you guys because cops and store security flows me around everywhere because of how i look.

haha, welcome to my life.

1. i am mexican
2. i am a teenager
3. i listen to metal
4. i live in your typical white suburbia

trust me, not a good combo
nursebetty88

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 12:54:15 pm »

I hate it when people try to say they are profiled. Who gives a shit if you are profiled or not. Waste of time to be pissed off at the world because of it. And for the whole cop thing, they piss me off too, but then i remember how many times I've needed them like when my brother got cracked out and tried to stab me to death or when an ex boyfriend was trying to run me off the road. yep, we only seem to like them when we need them. go figure that one ::confused

Strat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 05:10:21 am »

zombiexmoshpit said:

thebloodcountess said: hey, i'm new here...  just wanna share my story...

you should've reported those cops.

No one was injured.... so why where the cops needed?  So you could bitch at them?  They need to protect and serve people who actually are in need of it.

there has to be an injury or someone without insurance for the cops to stay at a scene of an accident..... you'll get the occational exception though.

Jump to: