HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FUCK SLIPKNOT  (Read 3017 times)
dethklok66623

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2008, 01:53:13 pm »

nazcapilot said:

Ace_Rothstein said:

Ghost_Theory said: Travis Barker is one of the best drummers in history.

Fixed.

How? Barker sucks. He's only good at covering rap songs.
travis barker sucks ass too, he's probally the most overrated drummer ever

antferrara
Community

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2008, 02:10:14 pm »

I agree- I have seen SlipKnot 3 or 4 times when they played on the bill with other bands I like.
slipknot are real good at jumping around but I would rather gargle with broken glass than have to sit through their set again.
They should force the prisoners at guantanamo bay to sit through a Slipknot performance until one of them cant take it any more and spills the beans on Bin Laden's location
antferrara
Community

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2008, 02:15:38 pm »

? I mean look at metallica who bitched about napster......
[/QUOTE]

y'know stealing music online affects smaller bands that are not wealthy in a much greater way than it does Metallica or for another example- Dr Dre, but- Metallica and Dre have a voice that can be heard to speak for others that smaller performers do not have- and somebody has to speak up for creators rights-
Why not leave it up to the artist to decide for themselves whether or not to give away free music?

Metallica give away free mp3s at their website. at any given time you can download entire concerts for free at their website- all you have to do is register with your email address

for a band that gives away music for free- they really get an unfair rap for simply defending artists rights
NightsBlood

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2008, 02:16:27 pm »

kornisdabomb said:
whitewolf1989 said:
Crazy_eyes said:
whitewolf1989 said: yea i said it,
bash me mother fuckers.
i wanna hear that bullshit about how you are loyal to the band that (claims) to be loyal to you losers.

i mean honestly why would you think a band with a crappy guitarist,crappy bass player,another crappy guitarist,two guys who just hits cans,a guy who thinks hes a dj,a crappy vocalist,a crappy sound maker,and a crappy drummer?

and to top it off they dont care about you.
all they want is youre money.
have they done free shows for you including free fest?
no,
all they care about is money.
and dont try saying well what about the other bands who dont do free shows because most bands i know have,
and every last one of them are more talented than anything slipknot and stone sour can make up::smile
I've got a few questions for you.
1.  Are you in a band?
2.  Has you ever played Ozzfest Main Stage
3.  Has you band ever played Ozzfest at all?
4.  Are you in a band that is signed?

Everybody in Slipknot can answer "yes" to all of those questions.  Can you?
no i dont have a band,
but if i did i'd be writing more talented tunes than slipknuts can make::smile
I would like to see you try to find a drummer half is good as joey jordison

Uhhh. ::animatedlaugh

poobobo
Community

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2008, 02:18:48 pm »

NightsBlood said:
kornisdabomb said:
whitewolf1989 said:
Crazy_eyes said:
whitewolf1989 said: yea i said it,
bash me mother fuckers.
i wanna hear that bullshit about how you are loyal to the band that (claims) to be loyal to you losers.

i mean honestly why would you think a band with a crappy guitarist,crappy bass player,another crappy guitarist,two guys who just hits cans,a guy who thinks hes a dj,a crappy vocalist,a crappy sound maker,and a crappy drummer?

and to top it off they dont care about you.
all they want is youre money.
have they done free shows for you including free fest?
no,
all they care about is money.
and dont try saying well what about the other bands who dont do free shows because most bands i know have,
and every last one of them are more talented than anything slipknot and stone sour can make up::smile
I've got a few questions for you.
1.  Are you in a band?
2.  Has you ever played Ozzfest Main Stage
3.  Has you band ever played Ozzfest at all?
4.  Are you in a band that is signed?

Everybody in Slipknot can answer "yes" to all of those questions.  Can you?
no i dont have a band,
but if i did i'd be writing more talented tunes than slipknuts can make::smile
I would like to see you try to find a drummer half is good as joey jordison

Uhhh. ::animatedlaugh
the dude in my sig 4 times better

psycho_bitch

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2008, 02:20:01 pm »

ozzyforprez1 said: heres what slipknot is. i wont bash them terrible, because their not all bad. but what they are is a training bra for real metal. they are the band that kids listen to to start getting into the heavy shit. but the key is to grow out of them and start listening to way better bands like strapping young lad, zimmers hole, 3 inches of blood, neurosis, amon amarth, arch enemy, or something like that. slipknot is like a gateway drug that should usher you into the better stuff.
they do, however, put on a bad ass show.
oh, and gene hoglan is 5 times the drummer joey jordison will ever be. hes ok, but gene mops the floor with anyone.

gene hoglan owns. cool guy too.

Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2008, 02:23:53 pm »

antferrara said: ? I mean look at metallica who bitched about napster......

y'know stealing music online affects smaller bands that are not wealthy in a much greater way than it does Metallica or for another example- Dr Dre, but- Metallica and Dre have a voice that can be heard to speak for others that smaller performers do not have- and somebody has to speak up for creators rights-
Why not leave it up to the artist to decide for themselves whether or not to give away free music?

Metallica give away free mp3s at their website. at any given time you can download entire concerts for free at their website- all you have to do is register with your email address

for a band that gives away music for free- they really get an unfair rap for simply defending artists rights
[/QUOTE]

I tell people that all the time and they go "Ok but still they're all about money".
Haha they just don't get it and refuse to see any other view of it.
goreinfestation

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2008, 02:28:15 pm »

i like slipknot well because i do

and JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THINKS SLIPKNOT IS HEAVY THERE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::finger
iRazor

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 02:38:25 pm »

i actually like Slipknot..::confused
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 02:54:48 pm »

ImplodingSoul said:

I tell people that all the time and they go "Ok but still they're all about money".
[/QUOTE]

The same band used to promote the trading and copying of their tapes back during their thrash era as a form of promotion (from what I've read from multiple accounts).

It's probably shocking to some to see them go against what they once promoted....

Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2008, 03:02:02 pm »

jimbob232 said:
ImplodingSoul said:

The same band used to promote the trading and copying of their tapes back during their thrash era as a form of promotion (from what I've read from multiple accounts).

It's probably shocking to some to see them go against what they once promoted....
[/QUOTE]

The difference is that they gave them out. They had control over what was on the tapes.
SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2008, 03:04:46 pm »

The amount of fail in this thread, accredited to Slipknot supporters, is staggering. Sub-par musicianship, angsty, juvenile lyrics, brain dead rationalization skills, a delusional belief of being Tr00 metalz, and an all around trashy vibe. Yep, I can't think of one reason why not to like em.::animatedsmile

Jagbag- "Hail the return(of SSS) or GTFO."
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2008, 03:09:05 pm »

ImplodingSoul said:
jimbob232 said:
ImplodingSoul said:

The difference is that they gave them out. They had control over what was on the tapes.
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure those tapes were the commercial product.

It's still disheartening to see a band that used to promote the "piracy" of their product now sue their fans in this day and age. I understand none of us want our creative expressions "stolen" from us. Still, suing your customers is not a wise business decision, at all.

AllThatRots

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2008, 03:16:00 pm »

Hating on Slipknot is so old. Yeah, they suck, but they're not even relevant anymore, who gives a shit...

Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2008, 03:16:14 pm »

jimbob232 said:
ImplodingSoul said:
jimbob232 said:
ImplodingSoul said:

I'm pretty sure those tapes were the commercial product.

It's still disheartening to see a band that used to promote the "piracy" of their product now sue their fans in this day and age. I understand none of us want our creative expressions "stolen" from us. Still, suing your customers is not a wise business decision, at all.
[/QUOTE]

Well they didn't really care until someone got ahold of "I Disappear" before it was even done.
It was played on radio before the band even finished the song.
I'd be pretty pissed if someone stole my music right out from under me.
So what if more people get music legally now?
They didn't just help themselves, they aren't the only band you have to pay to get online.
Artists getting royalties for internet "purchases", what is wrong with that?
People are too lazy and need to go get the records they want.
I downloaded music for a number of years, it's easy, but I totally understand where Met and other artists are coming from and now I just use iTunes.
They are just owning what is rightfully theirs anyways.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: