HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Album of the Year  (Read 1476 times)
jimbob232
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 6502



View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 07:59:04 pm »

Quote
Ghost_Theory said: well slipknot said it'll be their heaviest album ever

Every band always says this to promote their new albums. Jesus.
Logged


Ghost812
New Member
*
Posts: 545



View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 08:12:23 pm »

Quote

jimbob232 said:
Quote

Ghost_Theory said: well slipknot said it'll be their heaviest album ever


Every band always says this to promote their new albums. Jesus.

not every band says that - mudvayne's album Lost and Found was the their sofest, linkin park's M2M was the softest and they said it would be. Vol 3 from slipknot said it wouldn't be as hard as the other other albums but show more talent of what they had. Disturbed doesnt say to much of their albums because its all they same sound. a lot of other bands too
Logged

jimbob232
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 6502



View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2008, 08:28:45 pm »

Quote
Ghost_Theory said:
Quote
jimbob232 said:
Quote
Ghost_Theory said: well slipknot said it'll be their heaviest album ever

Every band always says this to promote their new albums. Jesus.
not every band says that - mudvayne's album Lost and Found was the their sofest, linkin park's M2M was the softest and they said it would be. Vol 3 from slipknot said it wouldn't be as hard as the other other albums but show more talent of what they had. Disturbed doesnt say to much of their albums because its all they same sound. a lot of other bands too

So they're either experimenting or "getting heavier". It's what they do to hype albums.
Logged


jimbob232
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 6502



View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2008, 08:29:08 pm »

Besides, those albums are all horrible.
Logged


Ghost812
New Member
*
Posts: 545



View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 08:34:55 pm »

Quote

jimbob232 said: Besides, those albums are all horrible.

not horrible, but their worst. some bands just need to stick to the same sound
Logged

blender715
New Member
*
Posts: 682



View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2008, 10:37:16 pm »

Quote

jimbob232 said:
Quote

Ghost_Theory said: well slipknot said it'll be their heaviest album ever


Every band always says this to promote their new albums. Jesus.


Yeah, I know. If you look at any Revolver magazine, every band will say "well, i'd say the new album is heavier than what we've done in the past, but it's also more melodic". And they will probably mention about how they've "grown as a band" and are "branching out into new territory", even though their new album will sound exactly the same as the last.


Oh, by the way, the comment about the new Jimmy Eat World album being the best album of the year almost made me burst out laughing. But if that wasn't a joke, you fail. Completely.
Logged

Signatures are for losers.
jimbob232
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 6502



View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2008, 11:38:05 pm »

Quote
blender715 said:
Quote
jimbob232 said:
Quote
Ghost_Theory said: well slipknot said it'll be their heaviest album ever

Every band always says this to promote their new albums. Jesus.

Yeah, I know. If you look at any Revolver magazine, every band will say "well, i'd say the new album is heavier than what we've done in the past, but it's also more melodic". And they will probably mention about how they've "grown as a band" and are "branching out into new territory", even though their new album will sound exactly the same as the last.


Oh, by the way, the comment about the new Jimmy Eat World album being the best album of the year almost made me burst out laughing. But if that wasn't a joke, you fail. Completely.

It wasn't. That guy is either one large troll boat or one assfucking from being completely flamingly gay.
Logged


jimbob232
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 6502



View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2008, 11:39:40 pm »

Quote
Ghost_Theory said:
Quote
jimbob232 said: Besides, those albums are all horrible.
not horrible, but their worst. some bands just need to stick to the same sound

Some bands should have quit before they began. No offense, but I really hate the bands you mentioned.
Logged


Ghost812
New Member
*
Posts: 545



View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2008, 01:22:14 am »

Quote

jimbob232 said:
Quote

Ghost_Theory said:
Quote

jimbob232 said: Besides, those albums are all horrible.

not horrible, but their worst. some bands just need to stick to the same sound


Some bands should have quit before they began. No offense, but I really hate the bands you mentioned.

ehh it's okay most people do on here
Logged

jimbob232
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 6502



View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2008, 02:04:37 am »

Quote
Ghost_Theory said:
Quote
jimbob232 said:
Quote
Ghost_Theory said:
Quote
jimbob232 said: Besides, those albums are all horrible.
not horrible, but their worst. some bands just need to stick to the same sound

Some bands should have quit before they began. No offense, but I really hate the bands you mentioned.
ehh it's okay most people do on here

Ehh, you'd be surprised. I'm just apart of a vocal minority here. If there was a poll, the bands you like would easily win.

I just manage to bitch louder than the fans of said bands (when it comes to music at least. Regarding the festival itself....it's probably the other way. Though I'm beginning to see a correlation between the majority of their fan bases and overall intelligence. Again, I'm not knocking you personally, it's just an observation I've made over the past few months. At least you seem reasonable).
Logged


kpu23
New Member
*
Posts: 1048



View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2008, 09:01:20 am »

hard to top Cavalera imo, hope Metallica goes back to MOP, Ayreon s album is awesome as well
Logged

kornisdabomb
New Member
*
Posts: 50



View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2008, 09:39:15 am »

slayers new album is my guess since its supposed to come out this year
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
WEBSITE & CONTENTS © DIVINE RECORDINGS.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Websites for Music Festivals