HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: behemoth vs. goatwhore  (Read 3018 times)
CannibalCorpse
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 7973



View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 08:46:43 pm »

Quote

deadjesus said: Maybe I misspoke... I enjoy early Dimmu albums, even past the point where they are, by most metal fans, considered way past the point of "stupid melodic wankery..."  but my point in not mentioning them was that they aren't black metal anymore.
While we are on the subject, anyone else think the latest Dimmu album was simply phoned in?


What do mean by the statement, "phoned in?"::confused
Logged


deadjesus
New Member
*
Posts: 305



View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 08:50:24 pm »

phoned in = half assed.  It sounds like the guys didn't even care about this album, that they just went to the studio, pretended to record something, and went home for the royalties to roll in.  The only exception on this disc was Hellhammer, but he's (imo) the best drummer in metal today, and even aside from that, he has to do a good performance as this is his first original studio Dimmu album and has to try to capture the imagination of the fans.
Logged

---------------------------------
I was the turkey ALLLL ALONG!
Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 08:51:52 pm »

I think its a definate improvement from Death Cult
Logged



CannibalCorpse
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 7973



View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 08:52:31 pm »

Quote

deadjesus said: phoned in = half assed.  It sounds like the guys didn't even care about this album, that they just went to the studio, pretended to record something, and went home for the royalties to roll in.  The only exception on this disc was Hellhammer, but he's (imo) the best drummer in metal today, and even aside from that, he has to do a good performance as this is his first original studio Dimmu album and has to try to capture the imagination of the fans.


Whatever. In Sorte Diaboli is a fucking epic album. It kicks ass and is not "half-assed" in any way, shape or form. Hellhammer has only added to the sound, he isn't the only good thing about it. They still care about the music and it shows. You can heat it.
Logged


Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 08:54:33 pm »

LOl everytime I hear Hellhammer i always think of the band Hellhammer :p

probably becuase of my Tom Warrior obsession
Logged



CannibalCorpse
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 7973



View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 08:55:48 pm »

Quote

Totengott said: LOl everytime I hear Hellhammer i always think of the band Hellhammer :p

probably becuase of my Tom Warrior obsession


Hey, I'm not obsessed with Tom, but even I think of the band, too.::animatedlaugh
Logged


SATAN
New Member
*
Posts: 1883



View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 08:56:52 pm »

Quote
CannibalCorpse said:
Quote
Totengott said:
Quote
CannibalCorpse said:
Quote
Totengott said: Dimmu Borgir is fuckin awesome

hate me all you want but they are one of my favorite BM bands

along with many underground BM bands

Me, too. Dimmu Borgir may sound completely different from what most would consider "true black metal," but they still sound fucking great.

Hey, I listen to more black metal than half of these people on here, and i still love Dimmu . Theyre popular so what?
Least they arent gay like COF

::animatedlaugh I don't think COF sound gay, but they sure look gay! They AREN'T bm either and really wish people could get that through their thick skulls. Goatwhore are amazing, but are nothing like Behemoth. Behemoth's sound is much more... behemoth, massive, epic, like a giant mountain of sound.

i actually put them against each other for that reason. i don't think they sound much alike. they're kinda equal imo. actually, their differences are very true to their regions. goatwhore, specifically, are a very american band. it's interesting to hear them playing such a european style. the same can be said about iced earth and other power metal bands.
Logged

Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 08:58:01 pm »

Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said: LOl everytime I hear Hellhammer i always think of the band Hellhammer :p

probably becuase of my Tom Warrior obsession


Hey, I'm not obsessed with Tom, but even I think of the band, too.::animatedlaugh



::animatedlaugh

yea well, if you saw my myspace youd see what I mean by Obession XD
Logged



CannibalCorpse
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 7973



View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 08:58:22 pm »

Quote

satan said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said: Dimmu Borgir is fuckin awesome

hate me all you want but they are one of my favorite BM bands

along with many underground BM bands


Me, too. Dimmu Borgir may sound completely different from what most would consider "true black metal," but they still sound fucking great.


Hey, I listen to more black metal than half of these people on here, and i still love Dimmu . Theyre popular so what?
Least they arent gay like COF


::animatedlaugh I don't think COF sound gay, but they sure look gay! They AREN'T bm either and really wish people could get that through their thick skulls. Goatwhore are amazing, but are nothing like Behemoth. Behemoth's sound is much more... behemoth, massive, epic, like a giant mountain of sound.


i actually put them against each other for that reason. i don't think they sound much alike. they're kinda equal imo. actually, their differences are very true to their regions. goatwhore, specifically, are a very american band. it's interesting to hear them playing such a european style. the same can be said about iced earth and other power metal bands.


When I first heard Goatwhore, I still didn't know they were from America. They really embody the European sound to me.
Logged


Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 08:59:49 pm »

Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

satan said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said: Dimmu Borgir is fuckin awesome

hate me all you want but they are one of my favorite BM bands

along with many underground BM bands


Me, too. Dimmu Borgir may sound completely different from what most would consider "true black metal," but they still sound fucking great.


Hey, I listen to more black metal than half of these people on here, and i still love Dimmu . Theyre popular so what?
Least they arent gay like COF


::animatedlaugh I don't think COF sound gay, but they sure look gay! They AREN'T bm either and really wish people could get that through their thick skulls. Goatwhore are amazing, but are nothing like Behemoth. Behemoth's sound is much more... behemoth, massive, epic, like a giant mountain of sound.


i actually put them against each other for that reason. i don't think they sound much alike. they're kinda equal imo. actually, their differences are very true to their regions. goatwhore, specifically, are a very american band. it's interesting to hear them playing such a european style. the same can be said about iced earth and other power metal bands.


When I first heard Goatwhore, I still didn't know they were from America. They really embody the European sound to me.



Their older stuff sounds different
Logged



Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 09:00:29 pm »

Goatwhores also are HUGE Celtic Frost fans, so they tooks some of their sound.

Making them sound like a European band
Logged



SATAN
New Member
*
Posts: 1883



View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 09:01:22 pm »

Quote
CannibalCorpse said:
Quote
satan said:
Quote
CannibalCorpse said:
Quote
Totengott said:
Quote
CannibalCorpse said:
Quote
Totengott said: Dimmu Borgir is fuckin awesome

hate me all you want but they are one of my favorite BM bands

along with many underground BM bands

Me, too. Dimmu Borgir may sound completely different from what most would consider "true black metal," but they still sound fucking great.

Hey, I listen to more black metal than half of these people on here, and i still love Dimmu . Theyre popular so what?
Least they arent gay like COF

::animatedlaugh I don't think COF sound gay, but they sure look gay! They AREN'T bm either and really wish people could get that through their thick skulls. Goatwhore are amazing, but are nothing like Behemoth. Behemoth's sound is much more... behemoth, massive, epic, like a giant mountain of sound.

i actually put them against each other for that reason. i don't think they sound much alike. they're kinda equal imo. actually, their differences are very true to their regions. goatwhore, specifically, are a very american band. it's interesting to hear them playing such a european style. the same can be said about iced earth and other power metal bands.

When I first heard Goatwhore, I still didn't know they were from America. They really embody the European sound to me.

'invert the virgin' is *very* american sounding
Logged

CannibalCorpse
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 7973



View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 09:02:39 pm »

Quote

satan said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

satan said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said: Dimmu Borgir is fuckin awesome

hate me all you want but they are one of my favorite BM bands

along with many underground BM bands


Me, too. Dimmu Borgir may sound completely different from what most would consider "true black metal," but they still sound fucking great.


Hey, I listen to more black metal than half of these people on here, and i still love Dimmu . Theyre popular so what?
Least they arent gay like COF


::animatedlaugh I don't think COF sound gay, but they sure look gay! They AREN'T bm either and really wish people could get that through their thick skulls. Goatwhore are amazing, but are nothing like Behemoth. Behemoth's sound is much more... behemoth, massive, epic, like a giant mountain of sound.


i actually put them against each other for that reason. i don't think they sound much alike. they're kinda equal imo. actually, their differences are very true to their regions. goatwhore, specifically, are a very american band. it's interesting to hear them playing such a european style. the same can be said about iced earth and other power metal bands.


When I first heard Goatwhore, I still didn't know they were from America. They really embody the European sound to me.


'invert the virgin' is *very* american sounding


I'm talking about music, not song titles.
Logged


A_C
Community
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 1326


View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 09:04:16 pm »

GoatWhore is a Damned good Band. However, Nergal is a Prodigy. I have talked to Nergal several times.  Go read the Behemoth Interview.
Logged




SATAN
New Member
*
Posts: 1883



View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 09:04:40 pm »

Quote
CannibalCorpse said:
Quote
satan said:
Quote
CannibalCorpse said:
Quote
satan said:
Quote
CannibalCorpse said:
Quote
Totengott said:
Quote
CannibalCorpse said:
Quote
Totengott said: Dimmu Borgir is fuckin awesome

hate me all you want but they are one of my favorite BM bands

along with many underground BM bands

Me, too. Dimmu Borgir may sound completely different from what most would consider "true black metal," but they still sound fucking great.

Hey, I listen to more black metal than half of these people on here, and i still love Dimmu . Theyre popular so what?
Least they arent gay like COF

::animatedlaugh I don't think COF sound gay, but they sure look gay! They AREN'T bm either and really wish people could get that through their thick skulls. Goatwhore are amazing, but are nothing like Behemoth. Behemoth's sound is much more... behemoth, massive, epic, like a giant mountain of sound.

i actually put them against each other for that reason. i don't think they sound much alike. they're kinda equal imo. actually, their differences are very true to their regions. goatwhore, specifically, are a very american band. it's interesting to hear them playing such a european style. the same can be said about iced earth and other power metal bands.

When I first heard Goatwhore, I still didn't know they were from America. They really embody the European sound to me.

'invert the virgin' is *very* american sounding

I'm talking about music, not song titles.

so am i. have you ever heard the song?
Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
WEBSITE & CONTENTS © DIVINE RECORDINGS.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Websites for Music Festivals