HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: behemoth vs. goatwhore  (Read 3018 times)
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 08:46:43 pm »

deadjesus said: Maybe I misspoke... I enjoy early Dimmu albums, even past the point where they are, by most metal fans, considered way past the point of "stupid melodic wankery..."  but my point in not mentioning them was that they aren't black metal anymore.
While we are on the subject, anyone else think the latest Dimmu album was simply phoned in?

What do mean by the statement, "phoned in?"::confused

deadjesus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 08:50:24 pm »

phoned in = half assed.  It sounds like the guys didn't even care about this album, that they just went to the studio, pretended to record something, and went home for the royalties to roll in.  The only exception on this disc was Hellhammer, but he's (imo) the best drummer in metal today, and even aside from that, he has to do a good performance as this is his first original studio Dimmu album and has to try to capture the imagination of the fans.

---------------------------------
I was the turkey ALLLL ALONG!
Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 08:51:52 pm »

I think its a definate improvement from Death Cult

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 08:52:31 pm »

deadjesus said: phoned in = half assed.  It sounds like the guys didn't even care about this album, that they just went to the studio, pretended to record something, and went home for the royalties to roll in.  The only exception on this disc was Hellhammer, but he's (imo) the best drummer in metal today, and even aside from that, he has to do a good performance as this is his first original studio Dimmu album and has to try to capture the imagination of the fans.

Whatever. In Sorte Diaboli is a fucking epic album. It kicks ass and is not "half-assed" in any way, shape or form. Hellhammer has only added to the sound, he isn't the only good thing about it. They still care about the music and it shows. You can heat it.

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 08:54:33 pm »

LOl everytime I hear Hellhammer i always think of the band Hellhammer :p

probably becuase of my Tom Warrior obsession

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 08:55:48 pm »

Totengott said: LOl everytime I hear Hellhammer i always think of the band Hellhammer :p

Hey, I'm not obsessed with Tom, but even I think of the band, too.::animatedlaugh

SATAN

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 08:56:52 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:
Totengott said:
CannibalCorpse said:
Totengott said: Dimmu Borgir is fuckin awesome

hate me all you want but they are one of my favorite BM bands

along with many underground BM bands

Me, too. Dimmu Borgir may sound completely different from what most would consider "true black metal," but they still sound fucking great.

Hey, I listen to more black metal than half of these people on here, and i still love Dimmu . Theyre popular so what?
Least they arent gay like COF

::animatedlaugh I don't think COF sound gay, but they sure look gay! They AREN'T bm either and really wish people could get that through their thick skulls. Goatwhore are amazing, but are nothing like Behemoth. Behemoth's sound is much more... behemoth, massive, epic, like a giant mountain of sound.

i actually put them against each other for that reason. i don't think they sound much alike. they're kinda equal imo. actually, their differences are very true to their regions. goatwhore, specifically, are a very american band. it's interesting to hear them playing such a european style. the same can be said about iced earth and other power metal bands.

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 08:58:01 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:

Totengott said: LOl everytime I hear Hellhammer i always think of the band Hellhammer :p

Hey, I'm not obsessed with Tom, but even I think of the band, too.::animatedlaugh

::animatedlaugh

yea well, if you saw my myspace youd see what I mean by Obession XD

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 08:58:22 pm »

satan said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Totengott said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Me, too. Dimmu Borgir may sound completely different from what most would consider "true black metal," but they still sound fucking great.

Hey, I listen to more black metal than half of these people on here, and i still love Dimmu . Theyre popular so what?

::animatedlaugh I don't think COF sound gay, but they sure look gay! They AREN'T bm either and really wish people could get that through their thick skulls. Goatwhore are amazing, but are nothing like Behemoth. Behemoth's sound is much more... behemoth, massive, epic, like a giant mountain of sound.

i actually put them against each other for that reason. i don't think they sound much alike. they're kinda equal imo. actually, their differences are very true to their regions. goatwhore, specifically, are a very american band. it's interesting to hear them playing such a european style. the same can be said about iced earth and other power metal bands.

When I first heard Goatwhore, I still didn't know they were from America. They really embody the European sound to me.

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 08:59:49 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:

satan said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Totengott said:

CannibalCorpse said:

When I first heard Goatwhore, I still didn't know they were from America. They really embody the European sound to me.

Their older stuff sounds different

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 09:00:29 pm »

Goatwhores also are HUGE Celtic Frost fans, so they tooks some of their sound.

Making them sound like a European band

SATAN

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 09:01:22 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:
satan said:
CannibalCorpse said:
Totengott said:
CannibalCorpse said:

'invert the virgin' is *very* american sounding

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 09:02:39 pm »

satan said:

CannibalCorpse said:

satan said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Totengott said:

CannibalCorpse said:

I'm talking about music, not song titles.

A_C
Community

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 09:04:16 pm »

GoatWhore is a Damned good Band. However, Nergal is a Prodigy. I have talked to Nergal several times.  Go read the Behemoth Interview.

SATAN

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 09:04:40 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:
satan said:
CannibalCorpse said:
satan said:
CannibalCorpse said:
Totengott said:
CannibalCorpse said:

I'm talking about music, not song titles.

so am i. have you ever heard the song?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: