HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dio vs. Ozzy  (Read 2685 times)
deadjesus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 08:54:47 pm »

Sure, he hasn't sold out.  That's why his name is on a show on mtv and a concert system based almost totally on metalcore and Manson fans.  Sure, I can see that.

---------------------------------
I was the turkey ALLLL ALONG!
Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 08:56:51 pm »

deadjesus said: Sure, he hasn't sold out.  That's why his name is on a show on mtv and a concert system based almost totally on metalcore and Manson fans.  Sure, I can see that.

I dont give a fuck if hes sold out or not. Selling out doesnt mean shit...unless you are MetallicA

Ozzy still makes great music.

he DESERVES the popularity

A_C
Community

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 08:57:35 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:
A_C said: Ozzy by a landslide. Dio is way over rated. And as far as the dude who said Ozzy sold out. Get fucking real. They said the same damned thing about Alice Cooper for playing Golf. What kind of music is Ozzy doing today. Selling out means changing your style and keeping it changed.

Whoever says Alice Cooper has sold out by playing golf is stupid. Playing golf as a passtime has NOTHING to do with music. Also, Ozzy has shown no signs of selling out, because he still makes amazing music. He also hasn't given himself an emo hair-cut like everyone who has sold out.
That is my point. People did flame Cooper and call him a sellout for freaking playing Golf. You see some people lives suck so bad that they find this overwhelming need to flame people that are successful. Subconsciously they fell that since they will never reach to point of success in their lives that people like Ozzy and Alice have, that they will try and bring down the great ones the their level of sucking. The thing they don't realize is that success is measured in many different ways. I am successful because I am married to a wonderful woman (32 years) and have raised two fantastic girls, who are both successful in their own ways.

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 08:59:04 pm »

I fuckin hate when people hate a band just becuase they sell out or go mainstream

SATAN

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 09:00:02 pm »

ozzy.

where's caex to defend dio though?

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 09:01:06 pm »

satan said: ozzy.

Who cares?

Everyone has their opinion

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 09:01:54 pm »

Totengott said: I fuckin hate when people hate a band just becuase they sell out or go mainstream

Yeah. If you love a band, you need to stick with them. I still express my undying love for Cannibal Corpse even though everyone where I live has purchased KILL and one of their Hot Topic tees and claims to love more and know more about them. I know I truly fucking LOVE those guys. People need to grow some balls and accept the fact that more people are liking the same band they love.

SATAN

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 09:02:44 pm »

Totengott said:

Who cares?

it just seems like his cue. he's kinda predictable like that.

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 09:04:13 pm »

satan said:

Totengott said:

Who cares?

it just seems like his cue. he's kinda predictable like that.

yea i guess.

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 09:04:55 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:

Totengott said: I fuckin hate when people hate a band just becuase they sell out or go mainstream

Yeah. If you love a band, you need to stick with them. I still express my undying love for Cannibal Corpse even though everyone where I live has purchased KILL and one of their Hot Topic tees and claims to love more and know more about them. I know I truly fucking LOVE those guys. People need to grow some balls and accept the fact that more people are liking the same band they love.

Yea I know how you feel. it sucks when your favorite band goes mainstream.

Ozzy is already, and well Celtic Frost is getting there -_-

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 09:06:24 pm »

Totengott said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Well if you come over here, no one knows who Celtic Frost are.::animatedlaugh It's probably due to all of the metal media hype over the release of Monotheist and the tour they did with Type O Negative.

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 09:09:01 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:

Totengott said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Well if you come over here, no one knows who Celtic Frost are.::animatedlaugh It's probably due to all of the metal media hype over the release of Monotheist and the tour they did with Type O Negative.

I know. Not to mention, theyre video for "A Dying God comin into human flesh" was aired on Headbangers ball Sad

fuckin scene kids listenin to them dont even know they formed in 1984

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 09:14:36 pm »

Totengott said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Totengott said:

CannibalCorpse said:

I know. Not to mention, theyre video for "A Dying God comin into human flesh" was aired on Headbangers ball Sad

Yeah. Some little emo saw it and thought they were a new band. Not to be mean or anything, but I said "Come on! look at how old they are!" Then I told them about the older albums and the kid said "well, then, I'm sure they just haven't released anything good until now, because Headbanger's Ball have just decided to air them..." and some more shit. I'm sure you know the immense amount of anger that I felt. SO PISSED.  At least people who talk about Ozzy know he's been around since the beginning of metal, because they are reminded about it.

A_C
Community

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 09:15:35 pm »

Why do people turn against bands that they like, just because more and more people start liking them. Were they only fans so they could say that they know of a band that no one else has heard? Hell when Bands that I like make it big and the people that had never heard of them start liking them and buying their shit I'm like " Yeah, Man I've been listening to these dudes forever. And You said I didn't know shit about music. See now your getting into them" I like it when Bands I like do good, Then the chances increase on them doing a lot more music. Behemoth are becoming  more and more popular and because of that they are contracted for 3 more albums.

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 09:15:47 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:

Totengott said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Totengott said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Yeah. Some little emo saw it and thought they were a new band. Not to be mean or anything, but I said "Come on! look at how old they are!" Then I told them about the older albums and the kid said "well, then, I'm sure they just haven't released anything good until now, because Headbanger's Ball have just decided to air them..." and some more shit. I'm sure you know the immense amount of anger that I felt. SO PISSED.  At least people who talk about Ozzy know he's been around since the beginning of metal, because they are reminded about it.

Yea. And most of the people I knew that said they liked Cannibal Corpse only knew the stuff with Fisher. Not barnes

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: