HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lars from Metallica  (Read 9316 times)
gravity5x

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2008, 06:06:16 pm »

I know my opinion doesn't matter much because I am a noob here,  but I respect Metallica as musicians and the albums that they put out wether or not people think that they sold out.  I have been a fan of Metallica since '86 and have every album and more... Yes Lars has had his moments but that doesn't change mt opinion on Metallica.
Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2008, 06:06:59 pm »

The_Wicked_One said: What ppl don't get is that the loyalty that many had metalheads had for metallica. They changed, they were no longer the metallica that wrote the masterpieces of thrash. Any die-hard fan of thrash would leave and knock metallica. If you like Hetfields Durstation and the watered down lyrics and overall musicmanship you are only a fan of that style. If you like both that is friggin weird. Trying to listen to One- to say Frantic or say Unforgiven II. and say its the same band is a crime to my mind and ears.

I just stick to disagreeing with him on this matter, don't hate em.

If you dont hate me, then apparently you aren't a part of "the metal".
Cause its a fact all "the metal" hate me.
I personally like all Metallica, cause I like a lot of variety in my music and I think it's cool that I can get variety in one band.
Whether or not other people like it, isn't my problem.
It ain't my bitchaaa.
Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2008, 06:08:37 pm »

gravity5x said: I know my opinion doesn't matter much because I am a noob here,  but I respect Metallica as musicians and the albums that they put out wether or not people think that they sold out.  I have been a fan of Metallica since '86 and have every album and more... Yes Lars has had his moments but that doesn't change mt opinion on Metallica.

Your opinion only doesn't matter if you see things differently than the rest of the members here.
You'll get used to it.
deletedaccount66

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2008, 06:11:12 pm »

Slaughter_Is_The_Best_Medicine said:
wake_of_ashes said:
wake_of_ashes said:

True. All the metal on this board does hate him. fact.

Haha if I gave a flying fuck what people think, I'd have left this forum a long time ago.

Dude I wasnt asking what you thought about the facts. I was merely calling it like I see it. And im hardly ever a dick to you... I was just agreeing with the truth being spoken.

So you polled all of "the metal" and asked whether or not they like me or not?
You need to learn what the word fact means buddy.
Satan assumed I didnt even like Metallica til load, I proved him FACTually wrong.
Thats all.
These words people throw around "truth" and "fact" its pretty funny.
And yeah, I am laughing.

Fact. If you add "true" or "fact" to any sentence on a metal board, that sentence does in fact become true for all time. Unless someone trumps your fact with a different more metal fact, and that trump post gets a lot of QFTMFT responses... but that doesnt happen often. In other words, you have failed to reverse my "fact" sentence. I am under no obligation to prove to you the truth that all that is metal on this board hates you. Its fact. deal with it. True.
Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2008, 06:12:22 pm »

wake_of_ashes said:
wake_of_ashes said:
wake_of_ashes said:

True. All the metal on this board does hate him. fact.

Haha if I gave a flying fuck what people think, I'd have left this forum a long time ago.

Dude I wasnt asking what you thought about the facts. I was merely calling it like I see it. And im hardly ever a dick to you... I was just agreeing with the truth being spoken.

So you polled all of "the metal" and asked whether or not they like me or not?
You need to learn what the word fact means buddy.
Satan assumed I didnt even like Metallica til load, I proved him FACTually wrong.
Thats all.
These words people throw around "truth" and "fact" its pretty funny.
And yeah, I am laughing.

Fact. If you add "true" or "fact" to any sentence on a metal board, that sentence does in fact become true for all time. Unless someone trumps your fact with a different more metal fact, and that trump post gets a lot of QFTMFT responses... but that doesnt happen often. In other words, you have failed to reverse my "fact" sentence. I am under no obligation to prove to you the truth that all that is metal on this board hates you. Its fact. deal with it. True.

QFT.
deletedaccount66

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2008, 06:13:19 pm »

The_Wicked_One said: What ppl don't get is that the loyalty that many had metalheads had for metallica. They changed, they were no longer the metallica that wrote the masterpieces of thrash. Any die-hard fan of thrash would leave and knock metallica. If you like Hetfields Durstation and the watered down lyrics and overall musicmanship you are only a fan of that style. If you like both that is friggin weird. Trying to listen to One- to say Frantic or say Unforgiven II. and say its the same band is a crime to my mind and ears.

QFTMFT ::animatedlaugh
Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2008, 06:15:13 pm »

wake_of_ashes said:

QFTMFT ::animatedlaugh

QQQFT.
The_Wicked_One

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2008, 06:15:48 pm »

I personally like all Metallica, cause I like a lot of variety in my music and I think it's cool that I can get variety in one band.
It ain't my bitchaaa.

BTW i hate that song...
Metal is my life. Im wondering why we have to talk about Metallica when could focus on bands like Arsis, Warbringer, Dark Empire, and Iced Earth::confused

The_Wicked_One

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2008, 06:20:42 pm »

Master_Chief said:
The_Wicked_One said: What ppl don't get is that HeadOn is the best medicine. Apply directly to the forehead.
srlsy wtf

Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2008, 06:25:30 pm »

The_Wicked_One said:

It ain't my bitchaaa.

BTW i hate that song...
Metal is my life. Im wondering why we have to talk about Metallica when could focus on bands like Arsis, Warbringer, Dark Empire, and Iced Earth::confused

Cause some people can't let it go that they changed and still want to talk shit a number of years later.
SATAN

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2008, 06:43:03 pm »

SATAN said:
Slaughter_Is_The_Best_Medicine said: I love it when people say they were diehard fans then turn their back on what they claimed to love so much.
Funny shit. The "diehard" fans werent given exactly what they wanted, so they jumped off the bandwagon and joined the cool kids who say Met are sellouts.
Again, funny shit.
I say the "diehard" fans are the ones who still love them today and have accepted them as artists who go and do their own thing rather than just a thrash metal band who stopped making thrash records.

how the fuck would you know, poseur? please stop acting like you liked them before 'load'.

Yeah you're right, I don't have the demo No Life Til Leather with the track "Mechanix" with Dave mustaine on vocals.
I hated the bass solo "Anesthesia" from Kill Em All.
One of my all time favorite songs is not "Dyer's Eve" from ...And Justice For All,  I can't stand how "Battery" opens with those classical acoustic guitars and I hate the short double kick drum solo in the middle of "FIght Fire With Fire."
Shut the fuck up.

::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh

your douchery amazes me, but entertains nonetheless. anyways, to adress your bullshit: who *doesn't* have that shit anymore. it's called da inturnetz! check it out!

it's irrelevant anyways because you have no comprehension of what metallica were before the big sell-out. i was *barely* young enough and you're like 12. stfu. it's annoying. those old records are quaint antiques to you. they were my spine for 3 years. and those greedy bitches stomped all over that shit in the late 90's. it was so bad that it's eaten them alive. you can see it on their faces now. fuck 'em. you're even worse because you think that their sellout was cool. sorry, dude. you missed the boat. you're reveling in the good taste of the exhaust fumes.

MVP

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2008, 06:58:34 pm »

SYD said: Well not everyone hates him, I have seen Metallica anymaytend metthe band once at Starwood Ampitheater years back. To be honest you all dont know what the hell your talking about. Look at what he and the rest of the band have done r Mai the years of Ratt, and Stryper, and many many other lame "acts" though I did enjoy some Ratt now and then... They lived the meatl life, they shacked up in warehouses with Anthrax and belived in what hey were doing. They made metal or whatever you want to call it what it is today. Lets remember these are not kids any longer they are "godfathers" of metal to most now in the ranks of Ozzy, and Motorhead, Slayer... They have lived their life for what they loved and believed in. You fags on here that want to bash anyone...shut up and DO better then. Everyone has their opinion but get real. They have done more for metal thanmany many other artists. Shit they wrote arguably 4 of the hardest most epic pieces of metal every to be laid on vinyl. And no I am not including the black album or anything after it. Sure the whole downloading thing pissed a bunch of fag thiefs off, but come on if my band put out an album and I found out that it was out there for free and all the hard work and time and money put into it was for nothing I would be PISSED as fuck I mean music is not only an art and hobby for many like Metallica it is a business you know. Agree or not its not really out business, we have the right to buy the cd, or illegally download it, which one makes you the real bitch??
   And before all you start yelling "noob" and other shit, flame away but be aware this is only a new account I opened I am far from a noob on here. And really dont care either way. I use to be a fanboy of metallica

15 years or so ago, and yes I think the decisions they have made over the years with a few albums and a a certain depressing movie were not too smmart IMO, but its only my opinion. They are human beings and have earned the right to do whatever the hell they want, and all true metal heads should respect that. Metals always been about doing what the fuck you want, rebellion, blood, sex,and rock and roll.

Well flame away....  ::finger
Why bother dude. These retards only see things in their own little pockets. Metallica stopped what was killingthe music industry buy a bunch of thieves that called themselves fans stealing their music. Tons of artist were complaining about it at the time because they were not making any money of cd sales and they were relying solely on tours. If you do any research on the subject most bands are not making much money and they really on both sales to make any money. Art my ass. Everyone needs to eat and that is how they pay their bills. Take it away from them and how the fuck do you expect them to continue? Fucking stupid as unrealistic dumbshits.

No body called Lars greedy till the Napster thing and now it is cool to do so and when see someone do it I loose all respect for their reality of life. He is just like anyone else and making a fucking living. Yes more than most but still the fucking same.

Hello Me, It's Me again::laugh
Count_Fester_Gesmire

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2008, 07:58:33 pm »

thats why i wrote a song about him needing to die,he didnt complain about downloaders until after the ANd Justice for ALl tour and during the Black album,downloads= free promotion since most bands dont make much money on record sales ti the record companies that does  most bands make their money on tour selling  tshirts,pins,hats and admission fee as well,etc

And GOd said let there be Metal!  
SYD

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2008, 09:37:03 pm »

Whats kinda funytooand Ihope Lars ou read this thread "and yes there is a chance LOL" When I met them in Tennessee I asked lars to sign my Metallica shirt, he took it turned around wrote on it and handed it back... he drew a giant penis on it..t wa ny as hel to be honest, then James threw a beer bottle at him if I remember right, I sat down and drank a beer with Jason, it was very cool. I have met a few groups over the many years and hundreds of shows I have seen and it was a very memorable moment for me. I mean you have to respect any group that has toured and performed most their lifetime and is still out there night after night doing it. Itsss a lot of work, and physically and mentally I cant even imagine its toll. Seriously I respect what they and all other professional musicians do. On the outside to many it can appear as all fun, but in my younger days I was in a little time metal band and we played out a bit, and it was fun..... but 3 weeks into a road trip it became quite mechanical and even like a job.. Having to get up there with no sleep, hung over... over even worse with a cold, it is not easy. Yet you have to get up there and give 100%, it was not easy, I cannot even imagine spending most my life on the road, having to pay bills, try and keep a family. I think the thing I gained the most from meeting bands over the years is that it IS NOT always like the imagine wants o show its self, all partying, and getting fucked up...sure there is that but they are all people to and as soon as you meet your first artist and have a chance to actually talk to them, it compltetly takes that "idolism" away and you realize they are the same as us all.  Lars you al may think is a prick or whatever but I met the guy and he seemed very cool to me.

Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2008, 11:04:46 pm »

SATAN said:
SATAN said:
Slaughter_Is_The_Best_Medicine said: I love it when people say they were diehard fans then turn their back on what they claimed to love so much.
Funny shit. The "diehard" fans werent given exactly what they wanted, so they jumped off the bandwagon and joined the cool kids who say Met are sellouts.
Again, funny shit.
I say the "diehard" fans are the ones who still love them today and have accepted them as artists who go and do their own thing rather than just a thrash metal band who stopped making thrash records.

how the fuck would you know, poseur? please stop acting like you liked them before 'load'.

Yeah you're right, I don't have the demo No Life Til Leather with the track "Mechanix" with Dave mustaine on vocals.
I hated the bass solo "Anesthesia" from Kill Em All.
One of my all time favorite songs is not "Dyer's Eve" from ...And Justice For All,  I can't stand how "Battery" opens with those classical acoustic guitars and I hate the short double kick drum solo in the middle of "FIght Fire With Fire."
Shut the fuck up.

::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh

your douchery amazes me, but entertains nonetheless. anyways, to adress your bullshit: who *doesn't* have that shit anymore. it's called da inturnetz! check it out!

it's irrelevant anyways because you have no comprehension of what metallica were before the big sell-out. i was *barely* young enough and you're like 12. stfu. it's annoying. those old records are quaint antiques to you. they were my spine for 3 years. and those greedy bitches stomped all over that shit in the late 90's. it was so bad that it's eaten them alive. you can see it on their faces now. fuck 'em. you're even worse because you think that their sellout was cool. sorry, dude. you missed the boat. you're reveling in the good taste of the exhaust fumes.

"and you're like 12" Haha you are pretty dumb.
Glad you can tell me how important music is to me, ya know cause those records are just quaint antiques to me and were "your spine for 3 years."
You really have got some nerve kid.
You are so full of shit that its amazing to me.
People like you need to be taught a lesson.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: