HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lars from Metallica  (Read 9220 times)
poobobo
Community

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 10:01:06 am »

SYD said: Well not everyone hates him, I have seen Metallica anymaytend metthe band once at Starwood Ampitheater years back. To be honest you all dont know what the hell your talking about. Look at what he and the rest of the band have done r Mai the years of Ratt, and Stryper, and many many other lame "acts" though I did enjoy some Ratt now and then... They lived the meatl life, they shacked up in warehouses with Anthrax and belived in what hey were doing. They made metal or whatever you want to call it what it is today. Lets remember these are not kids any longer they are "godfathers" of metal to most now in the ranks of Ozzy, and Motorhead, Slayer... They have lived their life for what they loved and believed in. You fags on here that want to bash anyone...shut up and DO better then. Everyone has their opinion but get real. They have done more for metal thanmany many other artists. Shit they wrote arguably 4 of the hardest most epic pieces of metal every to be laid on vinyl. And no I am not including the black album or anything after it. Sure the whole downloading thing pissed a bunch of fag thiefs off, but come on if my band put out an album and I found out that it was out there for free and all the hard work and time and money put into it was for nothing I would be PISSED as fuck I mean music is not only an art and hobby for many like Metallica it is a business you know. Agree or not its not really out business, we have the right to buy the cd, or illegally download it, which one makes you the real bitch??
   And before all you start yelling "noob" and other shit, flame away but be aware this is only a new account I opened I am far from a noob on here. And really dont care either way. I use to be a fanboy of metallica 15 years or so ago, and yes I think the decisions they have made over the years with a few albums and a a certain depressing movie were not too smmart IMO, but its only my opinion. They are human beings and have earned the right to do whatever the hell they want, and all true metal heads should respect that. Metals always been about doing what the fuck you want, rebellion, blood, sex,and rock and roll.

Well flame away....  ::finger
music is art, you shouldnt put a price on art, art is something that enhances society it should be free i would never charge for my music i like what radiohead is doing with the pay whateveryou like thing thats what musicians should do, fuck metallica and their money mongering, music isnt about money if lars wanted money he should've went to medical school instead of playing in a band

poobobo
Community

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 10:02:37 am »

jobe420 said: Read the post dude. I was a hardcore Metallica fan I bout the tapes, the cds, shirts, hats, $100 box set and all the other shit I could get my hands on. Metallica ruled the world. The put out the video for One after years and years of no radio, no Mtv, no bullshit gimmics, and it was great. Fast forward a few years and they completely sold out and became about the money. They said metal was dead and turned their back on their fans. Started wearing makeup and trying to cash in on the grunge/alternative bandwagon. How respectable is that? Lars started suing people for downloading shit they have been listening too since the 80"s. To start suing the very people who have supported him for 20 years. Fuck him. And no, I wont flame you for being a noob, I do it for you being stupid.

hahaha the "non noob" got burned by a noob lol

DirtButton

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 10:11:29 am »

Im not a noob, (been here over 3 years, on my third profile) I just dont post very often because stupid people piss me off.
Jeffsters
Community

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 10:21:01 am »

fuck lars.. i agree with creator of thread... felt the same way about the band..

::finger
outlawtorn_13

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 11:17:58 am »

who cares. MetallicA is still better than 99% of the shit you guys listen to anyway so get the FUCK OFF it::animatedlaugh.::finger lets all get together and hate on MetallicA, BLS and Slipknot! yes awesome one hell of a party! ::surprise::surprise::surprise
rockniak

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 11:22:16 am »

metallica hasn't been good since Cliff Burton died!!!::finger

::finger
deletedaccount66

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 11:31:38 am »

The Justice tour in 89 has pretty much made me a life long fan... ill never turn. However it is sad that they moved away from their roots.
Meshuggahailmeshuggah1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 12:43:38 pm »

fuck lar$

SEE YOU IN TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::animatedlaugh
poobobo
Community

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 12:45:54 pm »

outlawtorn_13 said: who cares. MetallicA is still better than 99% of the shit you guys listen to anyway so get the FUCK OFF it::animatedlaugh.::finger lets all get together and hate on MetallicA, BLS and Slipknot! yes awesome one hell of a party! ::surprise::surprise::surprise
hahaha bls your taste in music sucks

Matthew77

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 01:00:19 pm »

lol at everyone who says Lars is greeding.  Making music is what he does to make money.  There songs are a product that is sold just like any other art.  Art is sold plain and simple.  If my product was being STOLEN I would do something a bout it also.  And for you that say you can't afford a $15 cd then you need to stop drinking and doing drugs and find a way to make more money because if can't afford $15 then you obvisouly can't afford most things in life and I don't want to pay for your welfare.
ROCKOUTWITHIT

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 01:06:57 pm »

all i can really say is that regardless of your feeling of toward lars they hold a place in rock history and they are one of the best bands around period you cant really argue with that.  rock on fellow metal heads rock on.
Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 01:18:51 pm »

I love it when people say they were diehard fans then turn their back on what they claimed to love so much.
Funny shit. The "diehard" fans werent given exactly what they wanted, so they jumped off the bandwagon and joined the cool kids who say Met are sellouts.
Again, funny shit.
I say the "diehard" fans are the ones who still love them today and have accepted them as artists who go and do their own thing rather than just a thrash metal band who stopped making thrash records.
outlawtorn_13

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 01:48:19 pm »

poobobo said:

outlawtorn_13 said: who cares. MetallicA is still better than 99% of the shit you guys listen to anyway so get the FUCK OFF it::animatedlaugh.::finger lets all get together and hate on MetallicA, BLS and Slipknot! yes awesome one hell of a party! ::surprise::surprise::surprise
hahaha bls your taste in music sucks
my point exactly. still better than anything you listen too.::animatedlaugh
outlawtorn_13

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 01:48:45 pm »

Slaughter_Is_The_Best_Medicine said: I love it when people say they were diehard fans then turn their back on what they claimed to love so much.
Funny shit. The "diehard" fans werent given exactly what they wanted, so they jumped off the bandwagon and joined the cool kids who say Met are sellouts.
Again, funny shit.
I say the "diehard" fans are the ones who still love them today and have accepted them as artists who go and do their own thing rather than just a thrash metal band who stopped making thrash records.
+1
Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 01:52:26 pm »

outlawtorn_13 said:
Slaughter_Is_The_Best_Medicine said: I love it when people say they were diehard fans then turn their back on what they claimed to love so much.
Again, funny shit.
+1

::animatedsmile
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: