HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How/When did you get into Metal  (Read 416 times)
Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2008, 02:26:41 am »

When I was about 16-17 (do the math) a mate lent me a home made compilation tape (does anyone remember what a tape was).It had a lot of Heaven and Hell on it (Kneon Nights,Heaven and Hell etc), plus Green Manalishi, plus some ACDC (I can't remember what else). I thrashed the fuck outta that tape.Metallers weren't very common then (it certainly wasn't hip/cool/common to be one)....but I just thought "fuck u all".
sampson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 02:33:56 am »

Did lots of drugs, heard NIB, shit my pants, and here I am.

People who don't like Ozzy but spend all their time on his board need to get lives.
Anything >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Caex's Life
Rad_Spencer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 03:02:28 am »

Parents got me into music when I was a kid. They listend to everything, so I was aroudn classic rock, 80's music, and alot of other music from all genres. As far as metal is concerned, it pretty much started with hearing Electric Funeral. That drew me to Sabbath, which in turn drew me to metal. I stil listen to a wide variety of music though.
???????FIRSTOZZYFAN???????

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 03:35:34 am »

How?; By listening to Black Sabbath,..
When?; At the age of 11-12 somewhere in there.....
Why?: ,....because I can and because its STILL there......
Will I stop?; No,...not until I`m fucking DEAD!!!
What do I like about it?;.....The intensity and usually some Iommi Hook/Riff or a Zakk Wylde Hook/Riff,...all tied together with the backbone of Geezer Butler and the various drummers over the years,.. Ward,Appice,Bordin,..Castillo,
Ozzy started it ,maintained it, and Dio just bookended a great thing and gave it another offshoot to double my Sabbath enjoyment.
Its all good,...all the metal we like is good.
None is better than the other,...its all in the perception......
\m/::looking\m/
FOF

Magnoodle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 03:45:50 am »

Up until recently my parents though all metal was obnoxious shit and pretty well evil. They raised me to avoid it like the plague. They really didn't let me form my own opinions about much of anything until I was roughly 12... Anyway...
Anyway, when I was like 15, my friend had me listen to his Rob Zombie album. Blew my fuggin' mind. From there I started listen to some assorted hard rock and whatnot. Got into THA METALLL a few months afterwards. Slowly but surely, metal worked it's way into my life. Two and a half years later, mercury runs through my veins, thank you very much.

Rock on, my man. Rock on.

MVP

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 03:50:31 am »

Hello Me, It's Me again::laugh
???????FIRSTOZZYFAN???????

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 03:56:16 am »

MVP said: -10
::surprise That explains a lot........::laugh::animatedlaugh

Cannibal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 04:05:25 am »

How: Listened to Iron Man
When: when I was 10.

amonamarth48

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 12:54:46 pm »

It started in 7th grade with soad ( i know they arent metal, but they were the heaviest thing i had heard at the time.) Now at that time I listened 2 rap, but after hearing soad i stopped and started listeningt to only nu metal, after that i discovered metalcore, thash, and traditional. All of which i still love 2 this day. After that I began listening to death metal, and all different types of metal from Europe. Which lead me 2 where I am now, currently discovering new bands still.::sinister

poobobo
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 01:01:46 pm »

i was about 11-12 years old i was into hip hop and i was watching mtv for some hip hop videos and i hated rock but i saw this video for a song called judith and i couldnt remember who ti was it was just awesome (it ended up being apc) and i loved it and i started giving rock a chance then i saw the video for somebody someone and it was soo fucking awesome so i bought korn issues, and then i heard break stuff and had to by limp bizket signifigant other and i really got into stuff like papa roach and disturbed and what not you know nothign all that heavy and then i saw the video for left behind by slipknot and i bought both of there cds and then i started getting into stuff like mudvayne and coal chamber and what not, then i discovered cradle of filth and from there i discovered cannibal corspse, dark funeral, amon amarth, in flames, and after inflames i got into stuff like nightwish and kalmah and what not then out of nowhere i got into hardcore for no good reason and now i love the number 12 looks like you.

jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 01:09:53 pm »

Metal music is too heavy for me

??????Deputy??????Potatoes??????

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 01:10:02 pm »

I was 12 and a friend of mine showed me Linkin Park. They ended bieng the only band I knew. Then one week I was suspended and looked through radio stations until I heard them on there and kept it on that station. That got me into System Of A Down, Motley Crue, Crossfade, Trust Company, Roadrunner United(pretty much in that order). Then I watched MTV2 for all my music needs and discovered Avenged Sevenfold and saw that they were on a show called Headbangers Ball that week and the rest is History

poobobo
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 01:15:55 pm »

PrimusSucks said: I was 12 and a friend of mine showed me Linkin Park. They ended bieng the only band I knew. Then one week I was suspended and looked through radio stations until I heard them on there and kept it on that station. That got me into System Of A Down, Motley Crue, Crossfade, Trust Company, Roadrunner United(pretty much in that order). Then I watched MTV2 for all my music needs and discovered Avenged Sevenfold and saw that they were on a show called Headbangers Ball that week and the rest is History
i love nu-metal just because it gets so many people into metal its like marijuana a gateway drug

??????Deputy??????Potatoes??????

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 01:17:23 pm »

poobobo said:

PrimusSucks said: I was 12 and a friend of mine showed me Linkin Park. They ended bieng the only band I knew. Then one week I was suspended and looked through radio stations until I heard them on there and kept it on that station. That got me into System Of A Down, Motley Crue, Crossfade, Trust Company, Roadrunner United(pretty much in that order). Then I watched MTV2 for all my music needs and discovered Avenged Sevenfold and saw that they were on a show called Headbangers Ball that week and the rest is History

i love nu-metal just because it gets so many people into metal its like marijuana a gateway drug

Wouldn't know anything about Marijuana. but I know what you mean.

Master_Chief
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 01:17:44 pm »

LOL

I was looking through OnDemand 5 years ago and went ahead and pressed Metal.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: