HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Immolation-Shadows in the Light  (Read 438 times)
ZonedWithinRage
Community

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2007, 05:15:01 am »

Long awaited new album from the American death metal band Immolation is finally out. I was looking very much forward to hear if the band is up to their best like they were in the 90s when this unit was established. So what can this new ten tracker Shadows in the Light offer? Let there be no misunderstandings- this album kicks serious ass. This New York veteran quartet has never had problems of being innovative and original, something not many bands can be proud of. This, their seventh studio, release is no exception. In my view it is a perfect example how you can combine a devastating and straight-forward brutal approach, but still maintaining originality and the experimental parts. You can hear everything you need to hear from a death metal release; dissonant guitar riffs, clever harmonies and outstanding and complex singing with groove and harsh voice. The lyrics are somehow apocalyptic followed by marching and even militant rhythms, it is truly refreshing. All these facts do that Shadows in the Light is not yet another opus from Immolation; it is actually their best work to date, period. I can highly encourage you to buy this album now?Huh???or die.

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 04:38:41 pm »

i c
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: