HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st genuine death metal grunt  (Read 754 times)
ZonedWithinRage
Community
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 1944



View Profile
« on: June 03, 2007, 06:18:43 pm »

I'd say that the first geniune death metal grunt was by either Chuck Schuldnier or Kam Lee from Death. Which originated and was influenced by the vocal styles used by bands such as Venom, Celtic Frost, and Possessed.
Logged

Maddening_Disdain
Senior Member
****
Posts: 417



View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 06:19:52 pm »

ok
Logged
Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 06:28:41 pm »

Quote

ZonedWithinRage said: I'd say that the first geniune death metal grunt was by either Chuck Schuldnier or Kam Lee from Death. Which originated and was influenced by the vocal styles used by bands such as Venom, Celtic Frost, and Possessed.



Celtic Frost and Venom arent death metal.

Theyre black metal .
Logged



nomore123456
New Member
*
Posts: 1027



View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 06:29:00 pm »

Quote
Maddening_Disdain said: ok
Logged

ZonedWithinRage
Community
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 1944



View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 06:31:54 pm »

Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

ZonedWithinRage said: I'd say that the first geniune death metal grunt was by either Chuck Schuldnier or Kam Lee from Death. Which originated and was influenced by the vocal styles used by bands such as Venom, Celtic Frost, and Possessed.



Celtic Frost and Venom arent death metal.

Theyre black metal .


Never said they were...said Chuck Schuldnier or Kam Lee from Death(which is a death metal band)was influenced by the vocal styles used by bands such as Venom, Celtic Frost, and Possessed.
Logged

Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 06:32:45 pm »

Quote

ZonedWithinRage said:
Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

ZonedWithinRage said: I'd say that the first geniune death metal grunt was by either Chuck Schuldnier or Kam Lee from Death. Which originated and was influenced by the vocal styles used by bands such as Venom, Celtic Frost, and Possessed.



Celtic Frost and Venom arent death metal.

Theyre black metal .


Never said they were...said Chuck Schuldnier or Kam Lee from Death(which is a death metal band)was influenced by the vocal styles used by bands such as Venom, Celtic Frost, and Possessed.

yes but neither Tom or Cronos had actual death metal vocals


Maybe was influenced, but they didnt sing death metal
Logged



Maddening_Disdain
Senior Member
****
Posts: 417



View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 06:33:31 pm »

Quote
Totengott said:
Quote
ZonedWithinRage said:
Quote
Totengott said:
Quote
ZonedWithinRage said: I'd say that the first geniune death metal grunt was by either Chuck Schuldnier or Kam Lee from Death. Which originated and was influenced by the vocal styles used by bands such as Venom, Celtic Frost, and Possessed.


Celtic Frost and Venom arent death metal.

Theyre black metal .

Never said they were...said Chuck Schuldnier or Kam Lee from Death(which is a death metal band)was influenced by the vocal styles used by bands such as Venom, Celtic Frost, and Possessed.
yes but neither Tom or Cronos had actual death metal vocals


Maybe was influenced, but they didnt sing death metal

That's exactly what he said, he doesn't need you to repeat it to him.
Logged
Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 06:34:56 pm »

Quote

Maddening_Disdain said:
Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

ZonedWithinRage said:
Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

ZonedWithinRage said: I'd say that the first geniune death metal grunt was by either Chuck Schuldnier or Kam Lee from Death. Which originated and was influenced by the vocal styles used by bands such as Venom, Celtic Frost, and Possessed.



Celtic Frost and Venom arent death metal.

Theyre black metal .


Never said they were...said Chuck Schuldnier or Kam Lee from Death(which is a death metal band)was influenced by the vocal styles used by bands such as Venom, Celtic Frost, and Possessed.

yes but neither Tom or Cronos had actual death metal vocals


Maybe was influenced, but they didnt sing death metal


That's exactly what he said, he doesn't need you to repeat it to him.


Theres always a chance that he does.

Not everyone on here is bright .
Logged



deadjesus
New Member
*
Posts: 305



View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 06:54:42 pm »

I am actually in the camp that says it was Possessed themselves.  Listen to Seven Churches.
Logged

---------------------------------
I was the turkey ALLLL ALONG!
ZonedWithinRage
Community
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 1944



View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 07:07:02 pm »

Quote

deadjesus said: I am actually in the camp that says it was Possessed themselves.  Listen to Seven Churches.
I have heard it and many have speculated that Chucks vocals are a definite grunt while Possessed vocals are not clear enough to distinguish. I do respect your opinion but I still feel Death was 1st.
Logged

Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 07:14:06 pm »

Yea. In the "sound of the beast:heavy metal history book"

Possessed said they were the firsts. So IDK
Logged



stlslayer
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 1440



View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 08:11:17 pm »

I think Death was 1st
Logged

STARBUCK
New Member
*
Posts: 882



View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 08:16:00 pm »

I probably don't know enough about the topic of genres, but I was around for the days of Celtic Frost, and no other band had those kind of vocals that I knew of, except for maybe Venom...I believe they invented the whole style of growling vocals, which other bands were  clearly influenced by and elaborated on and took in different directions.  As far as I know we didn't have much in the way of sub-genres to distinguish the different types of metal in those days, so I find it kind of funny to see them sub-genre-ized in retrospect.  But what do I know.
Logged
Guest
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 08:24:52 pm »

Quote
Totengott said:
Quote
ZonedWithinRage said: I'd say that the first geniune death metal grunt was by either Chuck Schuldnier or Kam Lee from Death. Which originated and was influenced by the vocal styles used by bands such as Venom, Celtic Frost, and Possessed.


Celtic Frost and Venom arent death metal.

Theyre black metal .

Venom is thrash
Logged
Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 08:38:44 pm »

Quote

rms said:
Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

ZonedWithinRage said: I'd say that the first geniune death metal grunt was by either Chuck Schuldnier or Kam Lee from Death. Which originated and was influenced by the vocal styles used by bands such as Venom, Celtic Frost, and Possessed.



Celtic Frost and Venom arent death metal.

Theyre black metal .


Venom is thrash


Black metal/Thrash metal
Logged



Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
WEBSITE & CONTENTS © DIVINE RECORDINGS.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Websites for Music Festivals