HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dimebags equipment through the years...  (Read 1178 times)
MrRageFuckinSynister
Community

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 03:43:30 am »

I dont know...but I wouldent sit and talk shit about someone that is basicly a Mentor to some ..People that put out music that has helped alot of people through tuff times in there life, wether thay were glam to begin with or not,  that means alot to me as a fan. & ontop of that every musician or artist is influinced by what thay see or hear...So changing over is realy nothing but natral evo.

ZonedWithinRage
Community

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 03:43:35 am »

Your opinion is just that.."your opinion"

ZonedWithinRage
Community

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 03:45:24 am »

MrRageFuckinSynister said: I dont know...but I wouldent sit and talk shit about someone that is basicly a Mentor to some ..People that put out music that has helped alot of people through tuff times in there life, wether thay were glam to begin with or not,  that means alot to me as a fan. & ontop of that every musician or artist is influinced by what thay see or hear...So changing over is realy nothing but natral evo.

For real

deadjesus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 03:45:33 am »

See, ok... but so many fan boys for Pantera out there only got into them after he died very publicly.  Yeah, he was decent on guitar, but he didn't do anything major for the genre, he was just very visibly killed.  Also, as I said, I would have more respect for them if they had just "evolved," as musicians do that and are perfectly capable of changing styles.  Musicians grow, sure.  But to totally disavow any knowledge of their prior works in order to be popular?  That's called poserdom.  It would be like Marilyn Manson suddenly going country and pretending he was never anything but that.  If they wanted to say in interviews "Yeah, we were glam, but we grew out of it," I'd say "well good for them, who cares."  But they didn't.  They actively denied any previous glam involvement.  Very lame.

---------------------------------
I was the turkey ALLLL ALONG!
ZonedWithinRage
Community

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 03:57:19 am »

deadjesus said: See, ok... but so many fan boys for Pantera out there only got into them after he died very publicly.  Yeah, he was decent on guitar, but he didn't do anything major for the genre, he was just very visibly killed.  Also, as I said, I would have more respect for them if they had just "evolved," as musicians do that and are perfectly capable of changing styles.  Musicians grow, sure.  But to totally disavow any knowledge of their prior works in order to be popular?  That's called poserdom.  It would be like Marilyn Manson suddenly going country and pretending he was never anything but that.  If they wanted to say in interviews "Yeah, we were glam, but we grew out of it," I'd say "well good for them, who cares."  But they didn't.  They actively denied any previous glam involvement.  Very lame.

Pantera had a huge fanbase for years and years. Not going to tell you to respect the guy because thats your choice but making claims like "many fan boys for Pantera out there only got into them after he died very publicly" is false as shit. And saying "but he didn't do anything major for the genre, he was just very visibly killed" is just idiotic.

deadjesus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 04:01:05 am »

I didn't say all fans of Pantera got into them after he died, I said many did.  And this is true.  And your opinion that he was the "greatest metal guitar player ever" or whatever is just that, YOUR opinion.  The pendulum swings both ways.  You have the right to your opinion, but fact of the matter is, most fans of metal that I've spoken to that do more than just dabble in the genre don't think Pantera was all that special.  Doesn't mean I am right, doesn't mean you are wrong on this subject.  However, my point still stands:  if they'd admitted to their previous style and said "we grew out of it," I'd have loads more respect for them.  They didn't, so I don't.

---------------------------------
I was the turkey ALLLL ALONG!
ZonedWithinRage
Community

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 04:08:12 am »

Yeah. We just got different opinions on the guy and thats that. Dont remember saying he was the greatest..although he was a talented guitarist.

metalhead33

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 06:57:39 am »

but u still have to admit they did make some shitty glam before the thrash but i dont think they were that bad at thrash so whats the big fukin deal

die hippie die ::finger::finger::finger::finger
Kerryking420

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 10:09:32 am »

those first few albums did suck balls !!!! POSION all over again !!!!
ozzy4president51

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 04:03:36 pm »

they got heavier as they went on till they broke up.

p.s. Whos fault you think it is for the break up?

MrRageFuckinSynister
Community

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 10:25:39 pm »

I think it was Phil being busy doing all this other shit...But I dont know I wasnt there personaly so I would just be speculateing at this point..::sinister

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: