HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OBAMA..  (Read 16709 times)
drmindbender

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 11, 2008, 08:37:17 pm »

zombie_freak said:
drmindbender said:
The_Official_Metal_Police_ said: im voting obama. i hate mccain. his "lets drill for more oil" bullshit dont cut it with me. what are we supposed to do after the oils gone? has that old, useless fuck came up with a plan about that? atleast obama has. i dont give a fuck about what the neocons or the liberals say. im voting for him, and im doing it for MY reasons.

I'm all for alternative fuels, in fact I can't wait till we become a Hydrogen based economy, however that is a while away.  Plus we don't just need oil for fuel, petroleum based products are EVERYWHERE!!!  Obama talks about alternative energy sources, like their just going to magically appear, well my friend there're not it will take a lot of investment in time and money. By the way Shell and GM are working together towards this goal. In the meantime we do need to drill for more oil, until we fully develop and IMPLEMENT new energy sources.  If we drilled and refined our own oil, you would see the cost of fuel, and a great many other items drop in price.  Not to mention the fact that we wouldn't be importing oil from countries that hate us.  People are so misinformed, taxing "the big bad oil companies"  will do nothing except raise fuel prices.  Plus if your a big government liberal, you should want more domestic drilling and refining, as that will increase the amount of revenue the federal government collects in taxes.

Ethanol. Use it. Made from corn grown in THIS COUNTRY.

It runs in any gasoline engine. The only thing you would have to worry about if your car is not set up for ethanol is your non-metal gaskets getting eaten away and your exaust rusting. Both of which can be changed to work in a day.

Ok a couple of things about Ethanol:

First off it takes $1.25 to produce $1.00 worth of gasoline form corn based ethanol.  Thats a negative rate of return.

Second there have been some recent studies(By pro-enviornmental groups) that have shown Corn based ethanol is actually more polluting than traditional gasoline.

Third Since the US has really ramped up its corn ethanol production, food and fuel prices have SOARED!  I have friends  and family that raise cattle, pigs, chickens, turkeys, etc. and many of them can no longer afford to do so because of rising feed prices.  The only people making money are the mid-west corn farmers, the government is subsidizing them. Couple that with the fact that there have been corn shortages because of this insane policy, and you've got real trouble.

If you want to go the ethanol route sugar based and/or cellulosic ethanol are much more promising and less harmful.  Of course that doesn't completely solve the energy problem, its just one small piece of a larger solution.

::finger
zombie_freak

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 11, 2008, 08:58:32 pm »

drmindbender said:

zombie_freak said:

drmindbender said:

The_Official_Metal_Police_ said: im voting obama. i hate mccain. his "lets drill for more oil" bullshit dont cut it with me. what are we supposed to do after the oils gone? has that old, useless fuck came up with a plan about that? atleast obama has. i dont give a fuck about what the neocons or the liberals say. im voting for him, and im doing it for MY reasons.

I'm all for alternative fuels, in fact I can't wait till we become a Hydrogen based economy, however that is a while away.  Plus we don't just need oil for fuel, petroleum based products are EVERYWHERE!!!  Obama talks about alternative energy sources, like their just going to magically appear, well my friend there're not it will take a lot of investment in time and money. By the way Shell and GM are working together towards this goal. In the meantime we do need to drill for more oil, until we fully develop and IMPLEMENT new energy sources.  If we drilled and refined our own oil, you would see the cost of fuel, and a great many other items drop in price.  Not to mention the fact that we wouldn't be importing oil from countries that hate us.  People are so misinformed, taxing "the big bad oil companies"  will do nothing except raise fuel prices.  Plus if your a big government liberal, you should want more domestic drilling and refining, as that will increase the amount of revenue the federal government collects in taxes.

Ethanol. Use it. Made from corn grown in THIS COUNTRY.

It runs in any gasoline engine. The only thing you would have to worry about if your car is not set up for ethanol is your non-metal gaskets getting eaten away and your exaust rusting. Both of which can be changed to work in a day.

Ok a couple of things about Ethanol:

First off it takes $1.25 to produce $1.00 worth of gasoline form corn based ethanol.  Thats a negative rate of return.

Second there have been some recent studies(By pro-enviornmental groups) that have shown Corn based ethanol is actually more polluting than traditional gasoline.

Third Since the US has really ramped up its corn ethanol production, food and fuel prices have SOARED!  I have friends  and family that raise cattle, pigs, chickens, turkeys, etc. and many of them can no longer afford to do so because of rising feed prices.  The only people making money are the mid-west corn farmers, the government is subsidizing them. Couple that with the fact that there have been corn shortages because of this insane policy, and you've got real trouble.

If you want to go the ethanol route sugar based and/or cellulosic ethanol are much more promising and less harmful.  Of course that doesn't completely solve the energy problem, its just one small piece of a larger solution.

Agreed. I didn't say it was perfect. But you can make it yourself at home. Just dont let the cops find out before it gets done. ::animatedlaugh
geetarfreak123

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 16, 2008, 01:34:05 pm »

I am still with Ron Paul.  He seems to be like one of the founding fathers to me!  He wants The United States to return to the way it was before there was all this corruption and greed in our society!  I completely agree with everything he stands for!  Plus I think he was into legalizing marijuana .  But seriously, check his stuff out at campaignforliberty .com::finger

ZING!
gloria

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 18, 2008, 07:05:20 pm »

i did not read all 19 pages of this. i think americans are so disgusted yet misguided that obama has a damn good shot against mccain.  and americans are misguided.  he is not who i want although he has the appeal of something fresh not old. but i gotta stick with what i wanted before bush was nominated.  however he won over mccain back then as the republican candidate.mccaIN should have been the one back then i have to say.
WingedOctopus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 18, 2008, 07:14:53 pm »

I find it funny that all the talk of revolutionizing energy is toward car fuel when it isn't even the largest source of atmospheric pollution. Housing heating and electricity is probably the most critical and easiest to change.

::animatedlaugh Burger King Diamond
« Reply #350 on: August 20, 2008, 12:37:35 am »

« Reply #351 on: August 20, 2008, 12:51:03 am »

ozzman_8
Community

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 20, 2008, 01:13:20 am »

::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh
???????DawnoftheDead???????

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 20, 2008, 09:37:43 am »

I have a suggestion. How about this country fucking sucks and I just move my ass somewhere people are more open minded and not fucking racist.....oh wait.....there is not one place on this planet that has that luxury. I'm sorry but this country needs a change and a fucking huge kick in the ass. All you people saying McFuck is the better choice are retards with no open minds (some might but I don't fucking see it). Who gives a fuck if Obama has color in him? Racist bastards that's who::stare

MEATSANDWICH
Community

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 20, 2008, 09:40:39 am »

OBAMA ALL THE WAY! ::finger

akiradesign

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 20, 2008, 11:10:12 am »

i agree with sexymetal, the country needs a more racional person, not one looking for the military control as you all know, maybe looking for more info out of your contry will help you see the consecuences of a bad presidential bote as most of them did putting bush once again in front of a confused and manipulated nation, missinformed by the media about an internal affair as the 11/9 was. i think as most of the outsiders that the world needsa change, so... Obama

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM::finger
Graveyardawaken
GOD
Community

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 20, 2008, 12:37:47 pm »

voting is a waste of time and effort.

i will not vote until they fix the electoral college...which they probably wont do anytime soon.

once my vote counts i will make one.

Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 20, 2008, 03:00:31 pm »

Next week I'm getting McCain signs to put in my yard.
::animatedsmile
« Reply #358 on: August 20, 2008, 03:11:42 pm »

Prison_Mike said: Next week I'm getting McCain signs to put in my yard.
seig heil
« Reply #359 on: August 20, 2008, 03:16:07 pm »

Prison_Mike said: Next week I'm getting McCain signs to put in my yard.
get one that says "whiney faggots that write shitty music for mccain"
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: