HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW METALLICA ALBUM  (Read 2265 times)
ZonedWithinRage
Community

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2007, 02:45:41 pm »

Kirk Hammett: "It's our eleventh studio album, but it feels like our sixth. It's just a really spectacular range of songs. This time we're not afraid to refer to our past music in order to create future music. People will see that we've kind of embraced our old vocabulary again and are using that vocabulary to express new things. I'm super excited to make this album, finish it and release it HuhHuh?? 'cause then we can go out and play it to the people. We might have stretched our cores a little too much in the last fifteen years, but we've always came back to what we originally are and have been. I think with this album we're definitely going a little more back into our roots"

Kirk Hammett: "Yeah, it's super raw! There are some songs on that album that are so fast, that James and I kinda look at each other and go, "Ouch! Our wrist are gonna fall off." There are a lot of really, really fast songs, a whole lot of really heavy stuff. We changed our approach to writing the songs, all of us were working on the material this time. We also changed our tuning. With "St. Anger" we had the guitars really low. This time, we tuned the guitars back up to what they originally were for the first five albums. Because we've done that, James' voice sounds more like it did in the '80s than it did in the '90s. There's a lot of changes that we've made, but I believe that they are all for the better"

-YEAH..THEY TRYED TO ACT LIKE ST.ANGER WAS GOING TO BE BAD ASS AND IT SUCKED ASS..I BET THIS IS THERE LAST CHANCE..IF THEY STILL SUCK ASS IT WOULDNT SURPRISE ME.
GUESS WELL SEE WHEN IT COME OUT.
I ALREADY GAVE UP ON THEM BACK DURING LOADS RELEASE!

Ozzette_68
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 02:46:30 pm »

I lost hope after Master of Puppets

chuckwagon253

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 02:47:55 pm »

please break up

jennyb4u9
Community

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 02:48:48 pm »

ZonedWithinRage said: Kirk Hammett: "It's our eleventh studio album, but it feels like our sixth. It's just a really spectacular range of songs. This time we're not afraid to refer to our past music in order to create future music. People will see that we've kind of embraced our old vocabulary again and are using that vocabulary to express new things. I'm super excited to make this album, finish it and release it HuhHuh?? 'cause then we can go out and play it to the people. We might have stretched our cores a little too much in the last fifteen years, but we've always came back to what we originally are and have been. I think with this album we're definitely going a little more back into our roots"

Kirk Hammett: "Yeah, it's super raw! There are some songs on that album that are so fast, that James and I kinda look at each other and go, "Ouch! Our wrist are gonna fall off." There are a lot of really, really fast songs, a whole lot of really heavy stuff. We changed our approach to writing the songs, all of us were working on the material this time. We also changed our tuning. With "St. Anger" we had the guitars really low. This time, we tuned the guitars back up to what they originally were for the first five albums. Because we've done that, James' voice sounds more like it did in the '80s than it did in the '90s. There's a lot of changes that we've made, but I believe that they are all for the better"

-YEAH..THEY TRYED TO ACT LIKE ST.ANGER WAS GOING TO BE BAD ASS AND IT SUCKED ASS..I BET THIS IS THERE LAST CHANCE..IF THEY STILL SUCK ASS IT WOULDNT SURPRISE ME.
all of metallica's stuff has been good except i must say that their newer stuff isn't but still you gotta admit they have put out some good music in the past

SaraJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 02:49:15 pm »

I still havent lost hope. Not a lot of people cared for St. Anger, but it grew on me. Yea its not their older stuff, but noone stays the same forever. Well just have to wait and see I guess. I dont think it was stated above, but does anyone know the gerenal area for release?

valerie1977

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 02:50:15 pm »

ZonedWithinRage said: Kirk Hammett: "It's our eleventh studio album, but it feels like our sixth. It's just a really spectacular range of songs. This time we're not afraid to refer to our past music in order to create future music. People will see that we've kind of embraced our old vocabulary again and are using that vocabulary to express new things. I'm super excited to make this album, finish it and release it HuhHuh?? 'cause then we can go out and play it to the people. We might have stretched our cores a little too much in the last fifteen years, but we've always came back to what we originally are and have been. I think with this album we're definitely going a little more back into our roots"

[IMG]
SaraJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 02:50:53 pm »

HAHA-sweet Valerie!

blender715

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 02:51:33 pm »

chuckwagon253 said: please break up

lol well said

Signatures are for losers.
ZonedWithinRage
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 02:53:05 pm »

nO RELEASE DATE YET..THEY JUST GOT INTO THE STUDIO.

SaraJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 02:53:33 pm »

ZonedWithinRage said: nO RELEASE DATE YET..THEY JUST GOT INTO THE STUDIO.

Oh, ok. I havent been keeping up. Thanks for the info though.

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 02:58:51 pm »

I definitely won't be getting this.

mnmetalhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 03:18:48 pm »

I think that they should just switch to rap because I no longer give a shit!::finger

Your lack of faith disturbs me.
DarkNightOfMySoul

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 03:26:15 pm »

hm well i guess well have to wait and see, hopefully it is better

Dark Night Of My Soul...
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 03:26:21 pm »

caex said: I definitely won't be getting this.

Not even a download? Why stay close minded?
mnmetalhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 03:27:34 pm »

rms said:

caex said: I definitely won't be getting this.

Not even a download? Why stay close minded?
Because they suck now.

Your lack of faith disturbs me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: