HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gas prices  (Read 2501 times)
evymetalmommy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2008, 02:55:35 pm »

evilrob666LV said:

I was lucky that I was able to sell my pick up.  And I only had a Nissan Frontier, which is no gas hog by any means.  It still took me over 2 months to finally find a buyer.  I think you are going to have a hell of a time unloading a Tahoe, especially right now.  Even if you trade it in, the dealerships are so over stocked on these huge vehicles that they probably won't give you shit for it.  Tough times for sure.

Yeah.  That is the ONLY reason we haven't tried to sell it yet.   I still owe some on it and trading it in I would get next to nothing for it.  They can't move what they already have on the lots.   And people buying vehicles right now really aren't looking for anything like this.  Soooo until the time is right it's just going to sit unless we NEED to drive it.  

I wish you could take the bus to work here.  The downfalls of living in the middle of nowhere.  I just feel lucky that we own our house so no rent.  If we had rent or mortgage we would be in financial ruins with the cost of everything skyrocketing.

::finger
Feces

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2008, 02:57:07 pm »

ONE MORE TIME:

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT WITH TWO... COUNT 'EM... TWO OIL MEN IN THE WHITE HOUSE?

drmindbender

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2008, 06:29:37 am »

UndertakerLives said: ONE MORE TIME:

Come on man this argument is so tired, you don't really believe that do you?  Gas prices are rising so quickly because demand is increasing.  Worldwide demand for oil is 87 million barrels a day, Worldwide production is at 85 million barrels a day, do the math.  You really want to solve the problem, start building refineries HERE, NOW, and allow more domestic drilling.  Come on the Chinese have just signed a 100 year lease to drill off the coast of Cuba, 50 MILES OFF OUR OWN COAST!  We need to invest in multiple forms of energy to be independent, that includes Nuclear, Solar, Wind, Ethanol (not corn based thats a scam).  The problem is all these damn politicians are beholden to the damn "Green" lobby.  Anyone who comes up with a common sense solution gets demagouged or laughed out of commitee. You couple all this with the fact that energy traders are speculating up the price, and everyone is worried that the middle east is headed for real trouble(Iran vs Israel anyone) and there is your high gas price. Vote these bums out of office, Congress has done more to raise gas prices than anyone else.  Its so much easier to blame the oil companies, but has no basis in fact.  The major US oil companies control only 5% of the world oil market share, you really think that they have that much say in oil prices!  Their profit margin is 9% thats it folks, the make about 9 cents on a gallon, how much does the Federal Government make on a gallon of gas 18 cents(for doing nothing), there's your "obscene profits" right there.  I'm a republican but I switched to independent and voted for a democrat in our congressional distrct because he had a good energy plan and a background in the energy industry, he didn't even make it past the primaries, it just goes to show you we keep voting the same bums in!

DATA

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2008, 09:47:37 am »

This is why i am creating a car the runs on anti matter and never needs to be filled up ever.

"THERE IS AN OVERLOAD IN MY MEMORY CORE MY POSITRONIC neural NET IS MALFUNCTIONING"   - DATA
Distance
Community

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2008, 10:01:26 am »

UndertakerLives said: ONE MORE TIME:

no one pays attention to what you say because you're an idiot.  :]
dna_work_shop

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2008, 03:29:49 am »

CthulhuXDawn said: I remember when gas hit 2.50 a gallon and how pissed off I got. Now it's basically 4.09 a gallon and I'm fucking furious because of it. There is no reason to have gas up that high and it's fucking bullshit, uncalled for by the government and I've about had it. Somehow we Americans have to do something, anything to get that shit back down to what it should be

what i was gunna say except:

gov = opec.
americans = foriegn countries supporting opec by buying from it.

and i think that bio desiel is the shit

90% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
dna_work_shop

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2008, 03:31:06 am »

and mopeds kick ass. almost as much as skating and public transportation.

90% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Sauron

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2008, 03:09:16 pm »

We can all thank our wonderful leader George W. for bringing us into Iraq and driving up our oil prices to record heights.

notAno0b

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2008, 03:46:01 pm »

ths is how the terrorists win. not by coming here and blowing shit up, but getting us where it really hurts: in the pocketbook.

Alec29

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2008, 04:13:25 pm »

Leninrocks244 said: We can all thank our wonderful leader George W. for bringing us into Iraq and driving up our oil prices to record heights.

Just like we should thank Woodrow Wilson and Winston Churchhill for getting us into WWII?? You can put Hitler and Hussein in the same light.......they were both killing off millions of people for their own ideals. I guess we should have left both of them alone, huh?? Bush has nothing to do with gas prices.....bitch and moan to Exxon and Shell and OPEC. ::finger
drmindbender

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2008, 04:13:44 pm »

Leninrocks244 said: We can all thank our wonderful leader George W. for bringing us into Iraq and driving up our oil prices to record heights.
Get a life, blaming Bush is getting old, yes Iraq was a mistake, yes Bush has made some really bad decisions during his presidency, but you can't blame him for rising oil prices.  AGAIN: Too much Demand and Not Enough Supply!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: