HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: opeth vs edge of sanity  (Read 987 times)
The_post_modern_sadist
Sadistic asshole, poet and madman
Community

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2008, 11:47:43 am »

well which one is better in your opinion.

jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 05:25:42 pm »

Crimson is probably better than anything Opeth have put out.

I like both, but Slowpeth meanders too much for me sometimes.

Strat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 04:55:29 am »

No contest.... Edge of Sanity is much better.

Mikael did a lot to enhance Crimson 2.... but Dan Swano will always be the better songwriter.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 05:19:49 am »

Opeth has more instrumental talent and is way more original. they never use your average metal riffs. More progressive than EoS too. Their riffs are acoustic based instead of electric guitar. Plus mikaels not scremo voice is better. Opeth also has a bassist that actually plays something instead of playing the same 4 frets for an entire song. EoS uses too much distortion for me to pick out their bass, so i might be wrong. Opeth also can play 11 minute songs and you never get tired of them. They make better transitions from heavy to calm than EoS, which usually uses stretched out notes instead of mikaels crazy acoustics.

all opinions. i dont listen to much EoS. Even though im listening to them now....

90% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 04:10:30 pm »

dna_work_shop said: Opeth has more instrumental talent and is way more original. they never use your average metal riffs. More progressive than EoS too. Their riffs are acoustic based instead of electric guitar. Plus mikaels not scremo voice is better. Opeth also has a bassist that actually plays something instead of playing the same 4 frets for an entire song. EoS uses too much distortion for me to pick out their bass, so i might be wrong. Opeth also can play 11 minute songs and you never get tired of them. They make better transitions from heavy to calm than EoS, which usually uses stretched out notes instead of mikaels crazy acoustics.

all opinions. i dont listen to much EoS. Even though im listening to them now....

I have an easier time staying "tuned in" to 40 minutes of Crimson than 8 minutes of certain Opeth tunes.

Maybe that's just me

darkbook

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 05:05:01 pm »

Opeth::surprise::surprise::surprise

jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 01:02:05 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I love Opeth. Mikael has one of my favorite growls in all of metal and really sounds fantastic on the latest Bloodbath EP, but like I said, sometimes Opeth is just a little too progressive for their own good.

highrise
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 07:17:22 am »

jimbob232 said:
dna_work_shop said: Opeth has more instrumental talent and is way more original. they never use your average metal riffs. More progressive than EoS too. Their riffs are acoustic based instead of electric guitar. Plus mikaels not scremo voice is better. Opeth also has a bassist that actually plays something instead of playing the same 4 frets for an entire song. EoS uses too much distortion for me to pick out their bass, so i might be wrong. Opeth also can play 11 minute songs and you never get tired of them. They make better transitions from heavy to calm than EoS, which usually uses stretched out notes instead of mikaels crazy acoustics.

I have an easier time staying "tuned in" to 40 minutes of Crimson than 8 minutes of certain Opeth tunes.

Maybe that's just me
by Crimson do you mean king crimson? just wondering

Never try, you either do it or don't waste your time.
nevertoriseagain

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 01:12:12 am »

This one is tough... but EoS. Nothing beats the TalkBox on 15:36
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 09:35:13 pm »

highrise said:
jimbob232 said:

Maybe that's just me
by Crimson do you mean king crimson? just wondering

EoS album Crimson...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: