HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D. I. Y.  (Read 919 times)
Merrrypoppin
Queen of Hugs!
Community

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2007, 04:04:54 am »

I know I'm a fool, but I decided to do all the stuff for my Wedding without the help of a wedding planner, caterer or deejay. Most of the guests know about our love of Ozzy and all things metal. My question: Do you think that it would scare off the old ladies if we played Ozzy with and without Black Sabbath, AC-DC and some mainstream Led Zreppelin and Pink Floyd? We want to stay true to our love of metal and hard rock, but we don't want to alienate our families. Any suggestions would be appreciated::smile

BAAAAAAD!
TWiseman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 05:34:55 am »

First of all...CONGRATULATIONS....::smile I would not think that kind of music would scare off the old ladies...Your wedding day is your day ..Do whatever you wanna do and have fun...::smile Good Luck...

DragonRose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 07:31:48 am »

I planned my wedding and we had a ball, what we did was mixed the music up a bit we played songs that my parents would dance to and softer 80s metal , in the beginning, you will find that the OLD Ladies stay until the flowers are tossed and the cake is cut, and the bridal dance is over. Then we played ozzy,disturbed and so on. You can be true to yourself,
but also not scare the older guests::finger

::finger
indigo4789

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 11:15:27 am »

woot woot... CONGRATULATIONS MERRY!!!!

Those who can, do.... those who can't, get the hell out of the way.

Naturlich spreche ich Deutsch.
jennyb4u9
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 12:14:38 pm »

Merrrypoppin said: I know I'm a fool, but I decided to do all the stuff for my Wedding without the help of a wedding planner, caterer or deejay. Most of the guests know about our love of Ozzy and all things metal. My question: Do you think that it would scare off the old ladies if we played Ozzy with and without Black Sabbath, AC-DC and some mainstream Led Zreppelin and Pink Floyd? We want to stay true to our love of metal and hard rock, but we don't want to alienate our families. Any suggestions would be appreciated::smile
i don't think it will scare old ladies but since there is gonna be lots of people there just play what you want but maybe every now and then throw some other music in.congrats on your engagement::smile

Ozzette_68
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 12:17:13 pm »

Merrry married? Oh NO (j/k)::smile

ozzfestvet2000

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 12:27:05 pm »

When my sister got married her husband was not or still is not into rock or metal.
She played a littl Metallica, She played Planet Caravan by Pantera and a little AC/DC. I know she had a little more than that but it was alright. Just not too much of it though for the old people.
 I also did notice the old people did leave early. Like someone else had mentioned.

sig compliments of whitewolf1989
psycho_bitch

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 01:12:53 pm »

play a little bit of everything. i thought you already got married.....

Merrrypoppin
Queen of Hugs!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 02:16:34 pm »

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions.

psycho_bitch said: play a little bit of everything. i thought you already got married.....

Actually we got legally married in Vegas on Aug. 12th
This is our "official" wedding for our families. Keeping it a secret for this long has been a bitch, but we knew our families would want us to have a "Christian" wedding, and we couldn't afford it till now. I have a large garden, so we're having it here on Sunday. We told all of our guests to wear jeans or pants and to wear black or concert tees if they have any. I'm wearing my Wedding Dress that I wore in Vegas and Stitch has a suit. After our first dance, we'll change into jeans too.::smile

BAAAAAAD!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: