HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slipknot  (Read 6899 times)
btims340

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2007, 11:16:02 am »

theshredder85 said:
Cyra_The_Freak said: I'm pretty upset that Slipknot wont be atending this year. They're my favorite band...This is my fisrt Ozzfest...Fuck this is my first concert..I always thought I would see SLipknot for my frist concert...DAmn it..now some other band is gonna pop my concert cherry lol!::sinister
But yeah. Anyone else feel the same way?

That's ok, Nile and Behemoth get to pop your concert cherry. They are way better than Slipknot.

nile kinda sucks.......and the lead singer reminds me of a old balding pauly shore for some reason.

and i agree with cyra when he said why did you even open this thread if you hate slipknot...... dont you have anything better to do?::looking

much luff, bobby

ZHE GOGGLES, ZHEY DO NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!::animatedsmile
btims340

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2007, 11:22:30 am »

jimbob232 said:
Cyra_The_Freak said:
jimbob232 said:
Cyra_The_Freak said:
jimbob232 said:
Cyra_The_Freak said: Well I like Slipknot. I support them with every decison they make. I love their lyrics...I love tehir sound. I love their enthusiasim. They are a wonderfull band and I don't care what you think of them. I'm disapointed that they wont be at Ozzfest. Yes this is the wrong tab for this but is that really a big deal???Has anyone died because this is in the wrong tab???Did this site shut down because I put up a topic about a band that didn't go in 2006? Nope. Anyways, I love Slipknot. I wish them the best. Cool for those of you that disagree. Thanks to those of you that love slipknot as much as I do and to those who put some amount of intelligence into their insults.
\m/

Their lyrics are angsty mallcore bullshit.  "I'm so angry at my parents, the world, everyone hates me" crap is NOT metal.  It's hormonal teenage crap. Metal is about empowerment.

There is zero intelligence in their lyrics, the music is simplistic and shitty, Corey Taylor couldn't sing his way out of a paper bag either.
um...What song does he say he hates his parents in?
Im a teenager.
Corry taylor is a great singer in my opinion.
lmao"I hate my parents???" Come on now.

The whole maggot mentallity and Slipknot fanbase is rediculous.  And if you can't find the angsty message in their music, you must be retarded:

Here are some samples:
Everybody hates me now, so fuck it

People = Shit
People = Shit (Whatcha gonna do?)
People = Shit (Cuz I am not afraid of you)
People = Shit (I'm everything you'll never be)
People = Shit

I'M - NOT - LIKE - YOU - I - JUST - FUCK - UP

I am my Father's son
Cuz he's a phantom, a mystery and that leaves me
NOTHING!
How many times have you wanted to die?
It's too late for me. All you have to do is get rid of me!

Do you wanna feel pain? Takin' my name in vain
Caring never felt so lame inside

Life is just too fucking hard

This fucking life is killing me!

Now tell me those aren't some shitty lyrics written for Hot Topic kids.  You can't.
Ok..so he says I just fuck up. It relates to a lot of poeple. Yeah mostly teenagers but guess what I am! When you have your parents and everyone else telling you that you're a fuck up that shit helps cause it feels like you can realte to something..,I mean my step dad tells me how much of a bitch I am and how much I suck every day...It helps. He says,"I am my fathers son. cause he's a phantom. a mysteory. and that leaves me nothing.." Did he say...Daddy I hate you. No he's saying Fuck you then. I don't need you if you don't want me and you know that if you weirnt wanted then yuo would just be like fuck u too. The song is about just ssaying fuck it...You're gonna get on with itand nothing is gonna stop u. But like I said this is all ust my opinion. I know I have diffrent taste then you because I like all music from country to gothic industrial to grunge...About the only music I dont like is classicle and mainstreem rap..and Im not much of a glam metal person.

So, you're conceding to the notion that is indeed angsty "everyone hates me and I'm a fuckup" lyrical garbage?  Those are NOT good lyrics. It's fine and dandy if you can somehow "relate" to them, but I fail to see why you'd want to dwell on the shitty things in your life, rather than search for bands with either some raw aggression or positive outlook on life.  Take your life by the balls. That's what metal is about.

I have an eclectic taste in music also, spanning all subgenres of metal, as well as some jazz, classical, indie, post-rock, prog, etc. But the last thing I ever want to listen to is someone shitty their life is with some horribly written lyrics (compare the actual word choice and themes to some real metal bands, and you'll see a big different) backed by a DJ (not metal), and 7 other talentless assclowns.

oh and btw i love slipknot...there not godly but i like the musical style...not the lyrics most of the time.

and when hes talking about his father hes not complaing about him hes talking about how he never knew him....

and jimbob.... CALM THE FUCK DOWN! SO WHAT IF SHE LIKES SLIPKNOT? MUSIC IS ABOUT YOUR OWN PERSONAL STYLE OF WHAT YOU LIKE.....NOT LIKING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY YOU SHOULD LIKE. sorry i had to get that off my chest::finger::finger::finger

much luff, bobby

ZHE GOGGLES, ZHEY DO NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!::animatedsmile
hellsmaindemoness

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2007, 12:01:46 pm »

liz1259 said: i'm just dissappointed that disturbed isnt going to be there and system of a down are on "hiatus" or whatever that means
i know its been a lot of years but the biggest dissappointment is that pantera wont ever grace another ozzfest stage with the great dimebag darrell

I think the fbi got pissed off at soad and told them to stop or they would do something bad to them casue why would they do that in their prime? it doesn't register. but maybe I'm too strange and shit I don't know. but slipknot was the first nu metal band I started to listen to so their pretty good in my book, but I've moved on to the heavy shit.
DeviLinMyDick

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2007, 12:07:25 pm »

They started out playing ozzfest.thts how they made it big.and fucking dont  return favor to ozzy by playing freefest.FUCK SHITNUTS!!::finger

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2007, 02:48:00 am »

Cyra_The_Freak said:
jimbob232 said:
Cyra_The_Freak said:
whitewolf1989 said: they are has beens....
Obviously not since they're making more money in a year than you will see in your life.

And that screams artistic integrity.

Bunch of corporate phonies
Has beens are people that no one gives a fuck about anymore...You know not making shit and not geting noticed. Well they're defantily getting noticed.
so go listen to them since you likem so much you nu metal asswipe::finger
Ascetic_Priest

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2007, 08:04:50 am »

Cyra_The_Freak said: I'm pretty upset that Slipknot wont be atending this year. They're my favorite band...This is my fisrt Ozzfest...Fuck this is my first concert..I always thought I would see SLipknot for my frist concert...DAmn it..now some other band is gonna pop my concert cherry lol!::sinister
But yeah. Anyone else feel the same way?

They are a great band and really fun to watch live.  I hope you get the chance to check them out some time, bro. ::smile

maggot5552666
Community

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2007, 08:29:33 am »

LoweDownDirty1 said:
Cyra_The_Freak said: Why does everyone have to say Fuck Slipknot.The least you could do is put some intelligence into your insults.
Really. I'm mean if you just wanna come in and say "Slipknot sucks" youcould put some thought into it....If not why did you even open this thread? ::finger Stupis asses
ok how about 9 talentless assclowns, is that better for you?
HOw Bout joey jordanson in the best drummer ever::finger
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2007, 04:49:41 pm »

maggot5552666 said:
LoweDownDirty1 said:
Cyra_The_Freak said: Why does everyone have to say Fuck Slipknot.The least you could do is put some intelligence into your insults.
Really. I'm mean if you just wanna come in and say "Slipknot sucks" youcould put some thought into it....If not why did you even open this thread? ::finger Stupis asses
ok how about 9 talentless assclowns, is that better for you?
HOw Bout joey jordanson in the best drummer ever::finger

Get the fuck out you ignorant mallcore bitch. Go listen to Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, Flo Mounier, Marco Minnemann, Gene Hoglan, Frost, Hellhammer, Inferno, Pete Sandoval, Mike Mangini, and not to mention the countless Jazz drummers out there who pull off incredible beats and fills.

Joey has talent, but your statement reveals your ignorance regarding the world of drumming.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: