HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earplugs @ Ozzfest?  (Read 3085 times)
deadjesus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 05:59:03 pm »

I used to not wear earplugs.  Then I had an apt with a metal fan in college who was 30-ish and always wore them to shows... turns out he was at a Deicide show once when the amp overloaded because the guitar string broke.  His hearing was permanently fucked, to the point where he could not listen to a lot of screechy black metal (his fave genre) anymore because the damage was done and could not be fixed.  He said he cried himself to sleep that night, cause up till then he was in a band and a music student... and had to give it up.
So yeah.  Earplugs for me, thanks.

---------------------------------
I was the turkey ALLLL ALONG!
DarkOzzy1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 06:01:04 pm »

ZonedWithinRage said: Every year I see countless people with earplugs in..WTF?
If you have to wear earplugs at a concert you shouldnt be there. If you dont head home with your ears ringing it's not ozzfest to me..my ears ring even the next day sometimes..thats part of the loud metal genre. Always come home with a raspy voice and ringing cloudy ears..isnt that the way it's supposed to be?
I agree 100% with ya dude.

LoweDownDirty1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 06:07:08 pm »

amazing , you can divide the intelligent people who love music from the people who will be stone deaf in a few years::sinister

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 06:11:23 pm »

LoweDownDirty1 said: amazing , you can divide the intelligent people who love music from the people who will be stone deaf in a few years::sinister
WHAT!!?? WHAT??!! SPEAK UP SONNY!!!!
EvilHippieDriftwood

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 06:15:32 pm »

deadjesus said: I used to not wear earplugs.  Then I had an apt with a metal fan in college who was 30-ish and always wore them to shows... turns out he was at a Deicide show once when the amp overloaded because the guitar string broke.  His hearing was permanently fucked, to the point where he could not listen to a lot of screechy black metal (his fave genre) anymore because the damage was done and could not be fixed.  He said he cried himself to sleep that night, cause up till then he was in a band and a music student... and had to give it up.

Dude...that sucks. I thought that happened to me after a show because I was right next to the amp, but luckily it went away.

October 24: Opeth (fuck openers)
stevo169

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 06:22:54 pm »

earplugs are for pussies

Horsedick

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2007, 06:25:20 pm »

deadjesus said: I used to not wear earplugs.  Then I had an apt with a metal fan in college who was 30-ish and always wore them to shows... turns out he was at a Deicide show once when the amp overloaded because the guitar string broke.  His hearing was permanently fucked, to the point where he could not listen to a lot of screechy black metal (his fave genre) anymore because the damage was done and could not be fixed.  He said he cried himself to sleep that night, cause up till then he was in a band and a music student... and had to give it up.

That really sucks.  Heck, an amp overloading like that could probably do a little damage even with earplugs if you are close enough to it.

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
mdhgc

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2007, 06:25:48 pm »

i agree if you are at a concert why would you wear ear plugs. I could see if you had your children with you, but still you r at a concert for a reason. I can honestly say i have never heard of such a thing

::finger
Gaurded_Gizmachi

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2007, 06:25:48 pm »

I think the movie Airheads said this best "If its to loud then your to old."

Merrrypoppin
Queen of Hugs!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2007, 06:32:10 pm »

I started to lose my hearing, so the doctor GAVE me earplugs. I wear them when I remember. My ears still ring for the next 8 hours or so, but I don't want to go deaf before I'm 60::finger::finger

BAAAAAAD!
EvilHippieDriftwood

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 06:37:27 pm »

stevo169 said: earplugs are for pussies

No, they're for people who enjoy hearing.

October 24: Opeth (fuck openers)
MrRageFuckinSynister
Community

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 06:42:13 pm »

Mc101proof said: Some people have senitive ears drums and all the vibration makes them not hear shit.  So i can understand if you have a ear problem.

But if you dont have an ear problem and you think it is to loud, then sorry your a wuss!!!!::animatedsmile

I personaly Injoy it being as loud as possable...If I cant hear the next day atleast I had hearing for the first 25 years...But hey if you need em more power to you.::sinister

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 07:04:20 pm »

mdhgc said: i agree if you are at a concert why would you wear ear plugs. I could see if you had your children with you, but still you r at a concert for a reason. I can honestly say i have never heard of such a thing

Umm, I wear earplugs because I don't want to hear only fucking ringing the rest of my life.

metalbeast
Community

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2007, 07:05:57 pm »

I don't see the point of wearing plugs at any show.
watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 07:08:58 pm »

metalbeast said: I don't see the point of wearing plugs at any show.

AVOIDING HEARING DAMAGE

Is that clear enough for you? I think that is a VERY good reason to wear them.

Ears are sensitive, loud noise causes nerve damage when the ears are exposed for a certain amount of time depending on the Decibel Level. Nerve damage is what causes ringing in the ears. Eventually, all one will be able to hear is that ringing.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: