HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mushroomhead  (Read 8702 times)
naomim66
Community

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2007, 10:11:32 pm »

Chad Bowar: How is Waylon fitting in to the band?
Jeffrey Nothing: Recording-wise he fit in very well, and live is very good too, and the frontman aspect is definitely more dynamic and unpredictible. I think it will come around even more now that he's singing more songs that he actually wrote and can call his own more. But the best part is the new possibilities we now have with a more diverse vocal library to choose from.

What does his presence add?
Harmony possibilities and a chance for us to make it unclear who's singing. With J and I it was a lot easier to pick who was doing what, when. I believe we've only scratched the surface really with Waylon and this band. The music is so challenging now.

Did guitarist Bronson recently leave the band?
His parents offered to pay for him to return to school. We as a band do this and it's enough, but some guys need to leave and pursue other dreams and that's fine. To each their own.

Have you replaced him or are you playing with one guitarist?
We are just going with Gravy at this point, and that's plenty. He wrote and performed most of XIII and all of Savior Sorrow so it just seems natural. Why add to something that doesn't need it?

Why did you part ways with Universal after selling almost a half million copies of your last CD?
They had decided as the song "Crazy" was being picked to break us huge and impacting at radio. We decided we weren't in their future plans. That's fine but it might have been premature. It's ok though, you can get lost in the shuffle at a major whose interests lie more with rap and the million sellers already there. The future is with independents. Majors are difficult these days.

How did you decide to sign with Megaforce?
We were being looked at by several labels and the other ones wanted to do it with strict guidelines and the thought of building the band when we feel we are on the edge of something bigger, not infants in this process. Megaforce are visionaries and came out and saw us, and they put the time in and worked with us to make the deal make sense and that mattered a lot. Seeing the vision means a lot more then being told what it is.

What have been your high and low points (professionally) since you've been in Mushroomhead?
The fans love of what we do and the way the music has touched so many lives, that's what you hope for most if you love what you do. I would say the "Slipknot thing" is a serious low point seeing yourself pass you by and become huge is hard to take. They can deny it in public all they want. They admitted to our faces in our own home town bar. But, life goes on.

What has the response been so far to Savior Sorrow?
It's about 95% favorable. Some fans who think that we are just a metal band are the fans that move on. We are an entity that evolves. Just look at Savior Sorrow; it's intense but crosses many genres and the lyrics are the most intense we have ever done. It is a true reflection of the state of America and the world. We are in a crazy time and this album reflects that very much. This album is very profound and brutally on target. Speak from the heart not because you wanna look like a good little tool. I think the truth will make those people sad in the long run. We are one of the few bands making intelligent metal and heavy rock. I urge everyone to listen to more challenging rock and metal.

How has the band's sound evolved since XIII?
We went back to our drawing boards and did what we feel best. The songs in some ways wrote themselves. Gone are the days of too many cooks. The process was never broke. If anything trying to take control spelled doom and here we are arisen. Our sound is back to being truly our sound, from the heart and sincere and I believe our best ever... These songs breathe and you hear the slightest little sound at times coming from ones instrument and then the crash of the full band. This isn't survival of the fittest every second, and I think that's what separates us from the silly noise of some of our contemporaries.
dethklok66623

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:50:40 pm »

lol this topic was made a year ago

dethklok66623

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:50:55 pm »

and i just posted in it today

SLAYTANIC_WERHMACHT

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 01:00:56 am »

addition to the interview only seen here:
interviewer: why do you guys suck so much?
random mushroomhead member: BECAUSE WE DO, MAN!! it's just so amazing that we're one the crappiest bands ever and we take pride in our crappiness cuz no one else can match our pure craptacular that we put on in a live show. it's amazing that we're the crappiest band in the whole world...we've got more crap than a  toilet!!

::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger
The_post_modern_sadist
Sadistic asshole, poet and madman
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 09:03:29 pm »

mushroomhead is fucking terrible.

MEATSANDWICH
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 09:11:02 pm »

They are Horrible

MEATSANDWICH
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 09:32:00 pm »

2nd worst metal band/artist from ohio. Number 1 is Manson

Dirt_Renolds

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 06:00:41 am »

i love mushrooms

Tampony
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 11:31:46 pm »

Dirt tastes better, see.
Mushr00ms>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dirt
mtlfrm
Mistress Of Metaldom
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 03:20:14 am »

Like mushrooms, prefer dirt. This forum seems so rammed with spam though. Anyone fancy help Metal Forum talk Ozzfest?! We have a new Ozzfest section there that needs some love: http://metalforum.com/ozzfest-f56.html... x

You can also catch me here: http://metalforum.com/ozzfest-f56.html ! Wink x
Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 02:28:41 pm »

You think this place is full of spam?
Pfffft I've seen worse.
Tiger479
Stranger in an even stranger land
Community

View Profile