HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats The Best Band You've Ever Seen Live?  (Read 4566 times)
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 12:47:45 am »

Three that blew me away were Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jethro Tull, Alice in Chains (Unplugged), and System of a Down.

The worst I ever saw live were two back in the day (Bad Company and Deep Purple) and recently Lacuna Coil. They sounded HORRIBLE.

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Tiger479
Stranger in an even stranger land
Community

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2010, 06:14:28 pm »

MAIDEN Angry Grin Angry
kissfan77
All American American
Community

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2010, 07:01:41 pm »

Nergal2583
Community

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2010, 07:20:37 pm »

Gwar at SOTU a few years back was unreal, nothing quite like a Gwar show.  I miss Sounds of the underground  Sad

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2010, 11:02:25 pm »

A show that I had alot of unexpected fun at was freaking Daft Punk at Vegoose. What a trip! Things were just so wild, everyone was in such a good mood ~ literally the crowd was bouncing up and down, you couldn't help but laugh your head off and join in in the sheer fun of it all after a long day and night of standing watching bands packed like a pickle in a jar. the usual screaming but not much moving at a concert.  It was the strobe lights added to the computer talk and the energy, LOL...yea baby! I suppose the all day long "fog" hanging over the crowd 20' in the air, hearing so many fantastic bands ... it put everyone in a physical mood. It was good to get some exercise for a change LOL. Made more room for the beer! I had never heard of most of the bands there. my friend (unlike me lol) hated the crowds and the packed spaces...so I just hung out myself basically for 2 days but we yapped between bands...I had so much fun Shocked). NO KIDS!!!! NO MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!! Just me!!!!!!! I didn't need to know the song, or the bands...or anyone else there, I just needed to be open to and feel the beat, the crowd was great ~* From Mastadon heavy metal to Iggy Pop to Michael Franti to Daft Punk to Cypress Hill to Muse then Rage? Oh YEA!!! Every kind of expression I dig musically was there, with just top of the line bands. I don't mind all metal, but there's something to be said for variety, you know? The crowd there was just great. A very good time indeed.

---
devilmusik

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2010, 11:10:46 pm »

too many to list but

1. iron maiden
 2. judas priest
 3. pantera
 4. metallica
 5 black sabbath
 6 slayer
 7. alice cooper

Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2010, 12:37:34 pm »

People that like melo-death NEED to see Amon Amarth.  They're freakin' awesome live.  GWAR is also a requirement for live shows even if you don't like any band that even calls themselves metal.  Another good live sow is Apocalyptica.  Thier music isn't great, but thier live show is interesting.  The best concert that I've ever been to though was DEFINITLY Ozzfest 2008.  I got dehydrated because the water coming out of the faucet was the same temperature as the air outside (about 105) and I had no $ to eat because my friend's fiance was asked to cash a check but instead she bought booze.  I also had heat exhaustion, but I don't really care, because it was fuckin' awesome.

SantaBarbaraJohn
Community

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2010, 01:22:36 pm »

The Clash
First US Tour
1979, Santa Monica Civic Auditorium

Rocksinsb
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2010, 10:15:54 am »

The best concert that I've ever been to though was DEFINITLY Ozzfest 2008.  I got dehydrated because the water coming out of the faucet was the same temperature as the air outside (about 105) and I had no $ to eat because my friend's fiance was asked to cash a check but instead she bought booze.  I also had heat exhaustion, but I don't really care, because it was fuckin' awesome.

wow, that's crazy. it was that way in Phoenix. i was okay, i brought in fruits to eat. and had done my pre-fest downing for 3 days of tons of Gatorade to keep the electrolytes from getting too low in the sun. there was a little girl in front of me, she was very ill from the heat. poor thing. i asked if it was okay then shared some oranges and water, and by the time the sun went down she was fine. rockin' out with SOAD. cool little rocker. Wink

---
minime

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2010, 10:38:36 am »

to many to list,but most recent....

Tom Petty
Paul McCartney
Sabbath
Judas Priest
Kiss
Motley Crue

Hann1bal
Community

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2010, 04:09:58 pm »

Lamb of God, Hatebreed, Winds of Plague, Rob Zombie.
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2010, 05:59:20 pm »

Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
AC/DC
Ozzy (1981)
Aerosmith
Alice Cooper

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
A_C
Community

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2010, 06:30:34 pm »

Jimi Hendrix was awesome, The Ozark Mountain Jam Festival was incredible, but even though I enjoy the hell out of them both, I would have to go with Alice Coopers The NightMare Returns Concert. The theatrics  involved in  putting that show on and the the showmanship of Cooper made it  the most memorable show I have ever seen and I have seen more than most people over the last 40+ years.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 05:09:11 pm by A_C » Logged

MEATSANDWICH
Community

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2010, 07:46:11 pm »

Lady Gaga

Pauly99Walnuts

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2010, 04:18:03 pm »

Ozzy in 2007 at MSG

I Dig U Man::finger
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up