HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Religion sucks  (Read 10642 times)
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2007, 07:27:55 pm »

You can make up your own mind about being a good person without the restriction of religion. You can still be a good person with morals without getting the idea from a book. I'm a good citizen, a good person with morals and respect for others, yet, I have no respect for relgion. I don't have to lower myself to a God to be a good person. In fact, I think one can be a better person if they view themselves as a god, as their own god, because gods are unflawed, so one will want to better oneself and not waste life and think more highly of oneself and have enough self-love to enjoy life.

cjones05

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 07:32:33 pm »

CannibalCorpse said: You can make up your own mind about being a good person without the restriction of religion. You can still be a good person with morals without getting the idea from a book. I'm a good citizen, a good person with morals and respect for others, yet, I have no respect for relgion. I don't have to lower myself to a God to be a good person. In fact, I think one can be a better person if they view themselves as a god, as their own god, because gods are unflawed, so one will want to better oneself and not waste life and think more highly of oneself and have enough self-love to enjoy life.
this is  very true but i think for alot of people its also a veiw they grew up with i know i did but like i said for me personally its a mixture of everything and like said i'm not complete sure no matter how bad i wanna be i'm not and i know alot of religious people who feel the same way
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2007, 07:33:07 pm »

my moms sister is christian and she thinks cartoons are evil lol...she said, that music you listen to is the devils music haha...she never gets into any holidays either.
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2007, 07:35:35 pm »

I grew up with religion, but even at an early age, I was skeptical and didn't like the idea of following. I was always an outsider and cast out from people who supposedly "accepted and loved all of God's children." I sough my own understanding of the world and realized that I was my god. I controlled myself and oved myself more than anyone. I carved my path in the world and carried myself. I gave myself rewards and punishment, I restricted my own actions and told myself what to do. This makes me a god. MY god.

cjones05

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2007, 07:48:05 pm »

CannibalCorpse said: I grew up with religion, but even at an early age, I was skeptical and didn't like the idea of following. I was always an outsider and cast out from people who supposedly "accepted and loved all of God's children." I sough my own understanding of the world and realized that I was my god. I controlled myself and oved myself more than anyone. I carved my path in the world and carried myself. I gave myself rewards and punishment, I restricted my own actions and told myself what to do. This makes me a god. MY god.
no offence at all but your only 15 you have not grown up and lived a full life i'm 20 and i still have'nt but my veiws on life in general have changed i say this because alot people that i have talked are older. but like i sai no disrespect at all its good that you made that choic on your own but mabey one day you'll understand what i was trying to say that its all a matter of what you wanna do what makes you happy and that why religion is still around it makes people happy a give them comfort on a level that people feel they can't handle on there own.
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2007, 07:49:43 pm »

Knowledge can not be measured by years, but by awareness. All words I say and think come from my own mind. My actions are not guided by others.

HolyHellraiser

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2007, 12:41:53 pm »

Ah religion what can i say about it that hasn't already been said. I for one cannot affiliate myself with any orginized religion because I dont like the idea of my beliefs being dictated to me. I absolutly hate anybody trying to sell me a religion if you believe it thats nice for you but don't try to force me to.  Not to say that you can't learn anything from religion i love studing the religions of the world so i can analise there beliefs and decide for myself what i believe and i think thats the best way to go about it.  Decide for yourself what to belive don't just accept what your told.

Faith is blind and only the blind have faith.
DarkNightOfMySoul

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2007, 12:43:34 pm »

i don't ever pay attention to it not worth my time

Dark Night Of My Soul...
lnghairedfreek

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2007, 04:01:09 pm »

Unfortunately most people base their idea of religion off of the major morons they see on tv. These people aren't really teaching the Bible, or "religion" but their interpretation of it. A lot of them use controversy to try and stay relevant. A lot of these "opinions" are to an extreme that shouldn't be taken serious by any one. If they would just stick to teaching the Bible and not straight out bashing everything that's not, they would reach a whole lot more people. Like Mustaine says "Killing for religion, something I don't understand."
Michellee69

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2007, 04:53:50 pm »

I believe in spirituality not religion.  There is a God but who is to say my God is better than your God, all religion does is divide people.  I feel as long as someone has a faith that they believe in that helps them get through life without harming or despising someone else in the process so be it.  But when someone tries to push their beliefs on you and say their way is better and tries to intimidate you into believing it.  Then I have a problem.  Christians forget one of the most important teachings in the Bible, not to judge people, but they do it everyday.  If people want to follow Jesus' teachings that's great, he was a good man, but I myself don't believe he was anything but a mortal man, and I was raised in a Southern Baptist church.  I say you don't need a religion to lead a good life, just do the best you can at what you do; help those who need help, but make sure they want help first; and don't do anything that would cause harm or hardship on someone for your own gain.  And remember this little trick the next time the Jehovah witnesses knock at your door.  Keep a little basket of candy on hand and when you answer your door and see the witnesses standing there, say "oh how cute, I just love your costumes", give them some candy and say "see ya next year" and politely close your door.  The look of confusion on their faces is priceless.  I got a kick out of it, and it seemed to have worked, they haven't been back.  Besides why do they think they have to spread the word and multiply their fold.  They believe only a set number is going to heaven anyway and it's in the thousandths and I am sure they have that many and more in their religion so I don't think they need me anyway.  Besides I like getting presents at Christmas and birthdays, so if I was going to choose a religion it definitely wouldn't be that one.   ::animatedsmile
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2007, 04:56:04 pm »

I believe in me.

HolyHellraiser

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2007, 05:47:24 pm »

i think all religions have something to teach us its just that people go overboard when it comes to religion if it makes you feal better and deal with life then its a good thing but when you try and force you beliefs on people and condemn non believers then your taking things to far

personally i love studying religions they all have some good ideas

and to the person saying they belive they're there own god that sounds alot like satanism to me but im enlightened enough to know that satanist (at least true church of satan satanist) arent evil in fact if you look at there philosophy its actually quite logical
lucabrasi073

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2007, 06:34:58 pm »

i'm a proud catholic

Der Metzgermeister

InEffigy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2007, 06:42:27 am »

more people die from religion then alot of other shit

\m/ (-.-)\m/   (-.-(-.-(-.-)-.-)-.-)    

t(-.-t)   o---(-.-o>)
jennyb4u9