HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Throwdownsinger Dave Peters speaks out against Trustkill records  (Read 544 times)
Cannibal

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2008, 10:25:21 pm »

So it is with great regret that we find ourselves in a situation where we are left with no alternative but to air out years of dirty laundry with Josh Grabelle of Trustkill Records for our fans to read and become as disappointed by as we are.

Several months ago we were forced to send Trustkill Records a HuhHuh?breach of contract?HuhHuh notice (despite the legal fees involved for us with such action) and our HuhHuh?breach of contract?HuhHuh was not cured within the 30 days legally allotted. Trustkill has been in this current breach with Throwdown (it?HuhHuh?s not the first time) since March 31, 2008. By his own accounting, Josh currently owes the band tens of thousands of dollars in unpaid royalties for CDs sold. We have not once in the history of our relationship with the label received a royalty payment on time. And now that our three album contract with him is fulfilled, we are not hopeful that will change.

It should be said that our relationship with Josh Grabelle started very positively. We were friends before entering into a business relationship and there was a sense of camaraderie between us and several of the bands on the Trustkill roster. As years passed, however, we saw that not only was Josh driving the label in a direction that none of us could respect, he was developing habits that diminished any trust we once had in him and often left us in a variety of compromising situations.

For example, we were forced to cancel dates on the Vans Warped Tour in 2006 when the necessary and agreed upon tour support to put gas in our van wasn?HuhHuh?t delivered on time as promised. Trustkill?HuhHuh?s failure to make payments on time during the making of our newest album, Venom & Tears, left us wondering how we would pay our rent and bills. Our producer nearly stopped the recording process after Josh and Rob Dippold at Trustkill repeatedly promised to pay him and repeatedly failed to deliver on time.

Please know that we are not HuhHuh?rock stars?HuhHuh looking to be pampered. In order to do Ozzfest in 2004, we took out a loan from one of our family members and gave up mechanical royalties for six months in exchange for the opportunity HuhHuh?? the rest of the money Trustkill has been able to recoup from our artist royalties. It was a wise investment. Ozzfest was great for us, and one we made on our own as you can see. We just want what is owed and what is fair and when it is due according to the terms of our contract.

These stories are the very tip of the iceberg and emblematic of our experience with Trustkill. Josh Grabelle consistently attempted to patronize and dismiss our concerns by calling us the band that HuhHuh?was
never happy with anything do?HuhHuh?, a tactic we quickly realized was used with several other bands as well. Bands do talk when they see each other and it is a shame that the same camaraderie we felt with a variety of bands from all over the country on his label is now present for very different and undesirable reasons.

We know that our band is not alone. Whether more bands with records on Trustkill choose to make public statements as Hopesfall, Bleeding Through and now our band has done is of course their prerogative.

In spite of our hard and often ill-funded work on the road, in the rehearsal space and in the studio, we were told by Josh that we needed to be willing to sacrifice now and then. There is not a single word
that better represents what we have been forced to do under the Trustkill umbrella these past few years HuhHuh?? sacrifice.

We truly feel that if Josh Grabelle would see the bands on Trustkill as actual groups of people with the same needs as him or anyone else versus a simple account or bill to be pushed to the side of the desk in his beautiful suburban home, then we would not be here today writing this unsightly account and maybe even have remained friends with him.

For the sake of new bands signing with Trustkill records, we sincerely hope that Josh can adopt such a perspective and begin to rebuild his label. And we hope that by making this situation public, Josh will be
motivated to get his business in order and set things right with Throwdown and everyone else who has been burned by the increasingly difficult situation.

With love and respect to all of those who support us and touring musicians around the world,

Throwdown

LINK: http://headbangersblog.mtv.com/2008/07/25/guest-blog-throwdown-singer-dave-peters-decides-to-air-out-years-of-dirty-laundry-in-hopes-of-brighter-future/

evilrob666LV

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 01:34:35 am »

Welcome to the record business

Chaddy
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 02:58:00 am »

First Bleeding Through, now Throw Down. Don't think that label is going to last to long.::animatedlaugh

firstozzyfan:It means there is a monster coming......get the fuck ready.

www.myspace.com/supportingbands
slayerfied
fukyocouchnigga
Community

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 05:26:25 am »

Jamey Jasta tried to sign these guys to his label as did Munky from Korn.....  They are just a long list of bands that signed to the wrong label, with promises of everything...  Trustkill is under the Universal Music Group which = garbage. Something seems really wrong to me about a label that put's out Disney shit dabbling in Metal .... Ask Mushroomhead they'll tell ya! LOL!!!!!!::animatedlaugh

Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 06:46:15 am »

That doesn't suprise me this happened.  A lot of bands get fucked-over by their record labels.  Kittie (I know few like them, but this is the same situation) sewed Artemus Records TWICE in 2 years due to unpaid royalties.  One was to get them back, one was to be released from the label.  When 36 Crazyfists' van broke-down in Jacksonville, Tx while on tour with Kittie and Walls of Jericho, Roadrunner Records didn't help 'em out at all, even though (from what Brock said) they were supposed to and that's why they're on Feret Records now.  Things like this is why my friend's band (Rivethead) has turned down several contracts.

themetalmidget

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 01:06:49 am »

slayer1__ said: Jamey Jasta tried to sign these guys to his label as did Munky from Korn.....  They are just a long list of bands that signed to the wrong label, with promises of everything...  Trustkill is under the Universal Music Group which = garbage. Something seems really wrong to me about a label that put's out Disney shit dabbling in Metal .... Ask Mushroomhead they'll tell ya! LOL!!!!!!::animatedlaugh

Haha, last I knew Jamey Jasta still owes money one the first Hatebreed recording... Wouldn't think he'd be much better.

"Hippies HATE death metal"
??????Deputy??????Potatoes??????

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 01:09:01 pm »

Crazy_eyes said: That doesn't suprise me this happened.  A lot of bands get fucked-over by their record labels.  Kittie (I know few like them, but this is the same situation) sewed Artemus Records TWICE in 2 years due to unpaid royalties.  One was to get them back, one was to be released from the label.  When 36 Crazyfists' van broke-down in Jacksonville, Tx while on tour with Kittie and Walls of Jericho, Roadrunner Records didn't help 'em out at all, even though (from what Brock said) they were supposed to and that's why they're on Feret Records now.  Things like this is why my friend's band (Rivethead) has turned down several contracts.
I have heard Rivethead. They sound very Funk Metal. Not very Rivetheadish though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: