HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did DEE SNIDER's 'Strangeland' Movie Inspire Kansas City Killer?  (Read 679 times)
ZonedWithinRage
Community

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2007, 05:37:44 pm »

According to Kansas City's KMBC-TV, Edwin R. Hall, the man accused of kidnapping and killing 18-year-old Kelsey Smith, has cited "Strangeland" HuhHuh?? the 1998 horror film written by, co-produced by, and starring TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider HuhHuh?? as one of his favorite movies.

The plot of "Strangeland" is similar to the crime Hall is accused of committing. The movie is about a deranged man who stalks the daughter of a police detective.

In real life, Smith's father has a background in law enforcement.

According to The Associated Press, Hall was charged Thursday with first-degree murder in Smith's death and aggravated kidnapping for her abduction last Saturday (June 2) from a Target store parking lot. His bond was set at $5 million.

CRAZY SHIT!!!!!!!

Blackened_Waters

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 05:45:32 pm »

I love Dee Snider and think he is a great guy but all that strangeland inspired me to do was turn it off
It was a good story but the movie was horrible
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 05:48:49 pm »

Oh here it comes, metal music and Dee Snider influence kids across the nation, negatively.
danawales

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 05:49:24 pm »

I loved Strangeland loved it
But come on this shit is just like blaming manson for columbine come on this is bullshit::c_stare

Dallas 07 meetcha there::animatedsmile
toolman062970

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 05:57:12 pm »

I have met Dee Snider.  He is quiet, well spoken, and very polite.  
If anyone remembers he addressed a congressional sub-commitee in the late 80's regarding the placement of warning labels on albums and censorship of their content.

He astounded the  members of the commitee by being well prepared, answering all their questions intellegently and honestly.  I think anyone who tries to accuse him or his movie of being responsible for this psychol's actions will find themselves in for a huge fight.

Not all rock stars are drugged out idiots.

Marilyn Manson went to Juliard
Henry Rollins holds 2 PhD's
Gene Simmons holds a masters degree .

cullen242atl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 06:13:56 pm »

Strangeland just played on IFC this past wednesday, I hadn't seen it before, but it was definitely very disturbing.

Anyway, unless the perp has a torture chamber, he is just talking smack about Strangeland, just like that Cho guy at VaTech mimicking the Oldboy poster.

::stare

Man proposes, and God disposes. - Ariosto     ::smile
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 06:14:53 pm »

Nobody influences killers but their own stupidity.

Louder_the_Better

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 06:22:49 pm »

People are just looking for some type of answer to an act they can't comprehend.  Life often imitates art and vice versa.  What disturbs me more than Strangeland is that someone was "inspired" by it.  It's sad that some people are so affected by fiction and fantasy that they act out these horrific scenes in real life.  I loved Strangeland but I haven't sewed anyone's mouth shut yet even though I have wanted too.

You choose to live on your knees, I'm gonna die on my feet!!
bigsick

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 06:22:54 pm »

in reading the a to z book about serial killers, most of them are born that way geneticly and a few of them are inspired by their parents actions, movies, video games, and television are not to blame

Captain_Howdy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 07:52:20 pm »

People just do what they want to do.  Obviously by my sn here I have seen the movie......it's also the name of the ghost in another less memorable movie.  I'm not a new poster even though it says I am.  I just couldn't remember my damn sign on addy and password, so I just created a new one ::animatedlaugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: