HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chthonic and Behemoth....  (Read 11154 times)
bigd

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 05:26:13 pm »

when did metal subgenres become a cliq, becuase that's what it has become

the metal gods are upon us, are you ready to face their trials
Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 05:26:40 pm »

"No. They can play what they want. Once again, if you want your own personal toy, go buy a toy. Bands are people and are alloud to play for whoever they want. If you can't like a band because of who they play for, that's your own god damn fault for being in it for the image than the music."

What the fuck are you talking about?
I never said I didnt like the band, I just disagree with them and their choice to play at a mainstream level. Cant you read?

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 05:27:31 pm »

So what you're saying is that you DON'T want black metal to reach more people... I think it's because you'd be jealous that more people would call themselves "A Bmer Elitist."

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 05:27:49 pm »

"Honestly. Black metal should play more big fests, so they can reach more fans. "

Why? Nargaroth and alot of other underground bands refuse to play live. They only go into the band business becuase they love the music. Not just for the money.

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 05:28:11 pm »

Big deal, so they are playing Ozzfest.

They are also playing Wacken.

byebye

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 05:28:35 pm »

I don't smoke weed and you don't know me so don't judge a fucking book by it's god damn cover.

Stop pretending bands are your own personal bands and start realizing that they're here for everyone who wants ot listen to them to listen to them- Regardless of whether you like the people or not.  BANDS ARN'T YOURS. THEY'RE THEIR OWN PEOPLE. THEY'RE ALLOUD TO PLAY FOR WHO THEY WANT.
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 05:29:46 pm »

I'm saying that for bands that do tour. I'm also not saying to make music and play for money. What I am saying is that you shouldn't want a band to stay underground just so you can call yourself better than everyone because of a "I know of band you don't!" type of attitude.

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 05:29:57 pm »

"So what you're saying is that you DON'T want black metal to reach more people... I think it's because you'd be jealous that more people would call themselves "A Bmer Elitist.""

No. I Never said that at all. Once again I will say it again. Black Metal belongs underground. It started there and it should remain there. Can you not understand that?
There are more underground black metal bands then mainstream.

really how many other bands can you name besides Dimmu, satyricon, immortal, darkthrone, dark funeral, marduk, 1349, burzum, mayhem?

not many. try naming some underground bands.

See my point? Most BM bands are not well known and thats how it should be

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2007, 05:30:45 pm »

LordSimen, I agree with you. Honestly, man, these bands aren't your little underground metal friends' toys.

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 05:31:23 pm »

Forget it.

You pathetic cunts dont know shit about Black Metal.

CannibalCorpse, you have Slipknot bolded in caps.
So I suggest you shut the hell up/

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 05:32:08 pm »

Dimmu Borgir isnt even real BM anymore. Why? They went to ozzfest and ruined themselves by exposing themselves.

Ask anyone whos big into black metal.

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 05:32:51 pm »

I know about black metal, thus proving your statement at least somewhat untrue. Don't know about the others.

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 05:33:01 pm »

I know many more black metal bands than that, but I'm not one to try and brag to act like I know more and therefore are better. Why should it be underground, though? Why shouldn't people be able to name more than the bands you've listed? is it immoral to do so or something? Or is it because then you'd lose the power and title of "true bm fan", because more people out there know of the bands.

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 05:33:04 pm »

Plus, youre only a 15 year old girl. The hell would you know about Black Metal

byebye

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 05:34:11 pm »

Or perhaps they didn't want to play BM anymore, ever think of that?

EVER THINK THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU OBSESS OVER A SUBGENRE DOESN'T MEAN THE BANDS HAVE TO STAY WITHIN SAID SUBGENRE JUST TO PLEASE YOU?

Fuck, they arn't yours. They can play what they want if they want. If you don't like what they play now then don't listen to them. But don't say that exposing themselves ruined them, fuck that.  There's nothing wrong with reaching a wider audience.  Black Metal elitists are some of the most annoying people in the world because they cannot see past themselves and cannot stand when others like the band they like. It's fucking stupid.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: