HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chthonic and Behemoth....  (Read 11599 times)
byebye

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2007, 05:45:39 pm »

People make no sense to me. You bash Mallcore kids and Hot Topic kids for what they listen to YET you then turn aorund and say you don't want them to listen to better music becauase the music should stay underground. Make up your fucking mind. Either you want them to listen to better music or you don't.
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2007, 05:46:00 pm »

Dimmu Borgir is black metal. The other two are far from it.

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2007, 05:46:43 pm »

Dimmu has moved farther from Black Metal with each release.

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2007, 05:46:58 pm »

"Black metal has a giant stigma attached to it. So, yeah, black metal won't be the most popular genre, but no one should try and pull it down."

No its not popular. If a BM band wants to go mainstream all luck to them, but they have to realize they will be scoffed upon by the underground scene. Just like Dimmu Borgir get ridciculed all the time.

I NEVER said a BM cant go mainstream, I only said its not a thing for BM

Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2007, 05:47:25 pm »

So your point is that Black Metal bands should not do Ozzfest as the other Black Metal bands will look down on them? They should be more concerned with what others think of them than trying to play to larger audiences?
byebye

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2007, 05:48:16 pm »

Apparantly Black Metal bands should be more worried about their image than allowing others to enjoy their music.
byebye

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2007, 05:48:17 pm »

Apparantly Black Metal bands should be more worried about their image than allowing others to enjoy their music.
Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2007, 05:48:38 pm »

Because thats just the way it is.

The underground Black metal sees it as a blasphemic action and by them going mainstream it pollutes the genre.

all those popular mainstream BM bands I mentioned before are being disowned becuase of their popularity among them.

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2007, 05:49:43 pm »

Well, that's stupid. Just because a band is successful, they should not be shunned. i've heard all sorts of comments on DB selling out and whatnot. Whatever. I think they sound different than before, but still amazing. If a band is "scoffed upon by the underground scene" and they care, they don't have a strong enough mindset.

Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2007, 05:50:24 pm »

"Apparantly Black Metal bands should be more worried about their image than allowing others to enjoy their music."
Why cant you fuckin understand that?

They dont CARE if they are poor or have no fanbase or not. They only want to do it for the music.
They arent like COF who wants more and more fans every single day.
I doubt COF even gives two craps about their fans as long as they get their moneys worth

byebye

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2007, 05:50:24 pm »

Yeah, BM bands in the music my ass. The way you describe it makes it sound as if they care for their image and their image alone, which makes them worst than most mainstream bands anyway.

Fuck BM fans if they can't like a band because they have a large audience.  That's their problem they want their own little toy.
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2007, 05:52:18 pm »

Lots of faggots are into Dimmu. Cast aside? What the fuck are you talking about? When Bal-Sagoth plays Ozzfest, then it'll be going too far (but I'd actually go if they played). Just like 99% of Ozzfests before this, most of the bands suck. Behemoth and Nile being a couple of the exceptions.
Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2007, 05:52:20 pm »

"Well, that's stupid. Just because a band is successful, they should not be shunned. i've heard all sorts of comments on DB selling out and whatnot. Whatever. I think they sound different than before, but still amazing. If a band is "scoffed upon by the underground scene" and they care, they don't have a strong enough mindset."

Yea Dimmus stuff is good. I like them one of my favorites.
But most of the people who only listen to Black Metal and the Underground bands will say that all the mainstream bands are a disgrace to the genre.

go to vampirefreaks.com and write something in the BM cults about BM going mainstream.
youll see their reactions.

CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2007, 05:53:30 pm »

I agree with LordSimen. If a band cares so much about how the underground scene views them, and they don't want to gain more fans, then isn't that just conforming to the mindset of others? I'd want as much fans as I could possibly get, too. Not for money or recognition, but because I know what it's like to be a fan and find a band that you love. I'd want to be one of those bands in people's hearts that really stick with them.

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2007, 05:53:49 pm »

I'd rather not go to that site as it is, and disowning Emperor and Immortal = bullshit

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: