HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fans Get More Than They Paid For At OZZFEST  (Read 1161 times)
silentwarrior

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2007, 10:45:40 am »

im Harrington of ContraCostaTimes.com reports: The free Ozzfest show at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View [California] drew a mixture of patrons those who had followed the instructions on how to properly obtain free tickets and those who simply showed up without ducats in hand HuhHuh?? all of whom gained admission to the venue on Thursday.

That was a smart move by the promoter, Live Nation, who sidestepped any trouble that might stem from a free show with restrictions by allowing all to enter as capacity permitted. That meant that predictions of a riot caused by gate crashers never came to fruition.

The crowd control issue is just one reason why Ozzfest founder Ozzy Osbourne's experiment in putting on a free tour should be considered a success. Another is what it did for the so-called Prince of Darkness' image, allowing him to be an even greater hero in the eyes of his fans HuhHuh?? a generous icon who is more concerned with giving back to his supporters than he is with making money.

But, don't you worry, the 58-year-old metal legend will still be able to add to his already ample back account thanks to this tour. The money comes from corporate sponsorship, merchandise and beer sales, and CD revenue (since one of the ways to score a "free" Ozzfest ticket was to buy Osbourne's latest CD, "Black Rain").

Everybody Give thanks to Blabbermouth.net

::stare Fight for the cause of nothing to fight for!::c_stare
PoconoGirl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 10:51:15 am »

I just wonder about those who were just let in.  Did anyone with tix get turned away cause of that?
minime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 10:53:06 am »

I was there Yesterday and was really suprised to see how smooth things  went...got in the gates in a very timely and safe mannor..I was one of many people who had no less then 4 tickets to give away..no one was turned down.shirts,cd's and what not  all were within you price range..most I paid for shirts was 20 bucks,beer water,sodas all that was lil pricey,but no worst then some sporting event...Bands were great,more on that when I post my review on the show later today..we all had a great time ::finger

stevesgirl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 11:01:10 am »

If someone crates an mnt. view info thread i will post info on the show.  I am unable to crate topics right now.
minime

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 11:04:51 am »

stevesgirl said: If someone crates an mnt. view info thread i will post info on the show.  I am unable to crate topics right now.

I will here in a lil bit I need to get my head together,still feelin the effects of yesterday...give me some time and I will a review topic up

minime

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 11:06:29 am »

edit.. I will have a review topic up.. I mean... shezze::confused

ekoerner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 11:32:11 am »

silentwarrior said: im Harrington of ContraCostaTimes.com reports: The free Ozzfest show at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View [California] drew a mixture of patrons those who had followed the instructions on how to properly obtain free tickets and those who simply showed up without ducats in hand HuhHuh?? all of whom gained admission to the venue on Thursday.

That was a smart move by the promoter, Live Nation, who sidestepped any trouble that might stem from a free show with restrictions by allowing all to enter as capacity permitted. That meant that predictions of a riot caused by gate crashers never came to fruition.

The crowd control issue is just one reason why Ozzfest founder Ozzy Osbourne's experiment in putting on a free tour should be considered a success. Another is what it did for the so-called Prince of Darkness' image, allowing him to be an even greater hero in the eyes of his fans HuhHuh?? a generous icon who is more concerned with giving back to his supporters than he is with making money.

But, don't you worry, the 58-year-old metal legend will still be able to add to his already ample back account thanks to this tour. The money comes from corporate sponsorship, merchandise and beer sales, and CD revenue (since one of the ways to score a "free" Ozzfest ticket was to buy Osbourne's latest CD, "Black Rain").

Wow it says Ozzy  is making money on beer sales::confused

sweet_dark
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 11:33:45 am »

Ozzy made his money with the Black Rain a lot of people bought it to get tickets before everyone else that had regular codes!

stevesgirl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 11:43:07 am »

Ok well I will post the info here on the Mnt. View show for now.

We arrived at Shoeline at about 8:30 am,  there were about 75 people already in line.  The parking was not open until 11am.  so we had to leave a couple people to wait to park the cars.  That was a mess cars were backed up.  A lot of people waiting in line were already drinking and smoking.  Big Dave came by with a video camera and taped the line he said it was for the website.  At about 1130 some of the people that were drinking were starting to be carried out.  The guy in front of us threw up and was laying in it just as the gates opened.  Another guy was wasted at about 10 am and was walking up and down the line saying "fuck Ozzy, Ozzy sucks"!  The last time I saw that guy he was being carried off, someone probably laid his ass out!  

So finally at 12 the gates opened.  We went straight to the FYE booth and got an upgrade for 2 of our tickets from lawn to seating.  The bands on second stage were good but Behemoth and Hatebreed ruled the 2nd stage!  Th pit during Behemoth was crazy.  People were coming out messed up.  This girl walked by saying her freind had his leg broken and the bone was sticking out of his skin.  

Main Stage-  Lori was alright,  people seemed to be enjoying th pyro. more than the music.  Static X was really good the crowd was getting into it.  We had row 5 seats dead center.  When Lamb Of God came on the place went nuts.  Towards the end of thier set all hell broke loose.  At Shoeline there is no pit at the main stage so the space between row one and the stage is about 5 feet.  People stormed the stage,  security was way out numbered.  I saw security choking people and blows were being throwen back and fourth.  This went on for three songs.  In between Lamb of God and Ozzy security were tying to come up with a plan for Ozzy.  Ozzy came on and everyone went crazy agian.  The first 7 rows got soaked with water and white foam.  Ozzy played the same set that has already been posted.  Zack had a long solo.  Ozzy rocked but iam sorry to say I think he is getting sick.  His voice was cracking and I could see him coughing in between singing his nose was runing too.  I really hope he makes his next few shows.  Anyway , the last few Ozzy songs the stage got rushed agian.  This time I could not even see security I think they had to jump the barrier.  Ozzy was shaking hands with people who got to the front.  Seemed like that rush pushed him through he finished strong.  

I have some pics I will try to post later.  All in all Ozzfest rocked ::finger
sweet_dark
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 11:46:00 am »

stevesgirl said: Ok well I will post the info here on the Mnt. View show for now.

We arrived at Shoeline at about 8:30 am,  there were about 75 people already in line.  The parking was not open until 11am.  so we had to leave a couple people to wait to park the cars.  That was a mess cars were backed up.  A lot of people waiting in line were already drinking and smoking.  Big Dave came by with a video camera and taped the line he said it was for the website.  At about 1130 some of the people that were drinking were starting to be carried out.  The guy in front of us threw up and was laying in it just as the gates opened.  Another guy was wasted at about 10 am and was walking up and down the line saying "fuck Ozzy, Ozzy sucks"!  The last time I saw that guy he was being carried off, someone probably laid his ass out!  

So finally at 12 the gates opened.  We went straight to the FYE booth and got an upgrade for 2 of our tickets from lawn to seating.  The bands on second stage were good but Behemoth and Hatebreed ruled the 2nd stage!  Th pit during Behemoth was crazy.  People were coming out messed up.  This girl walked by saying her freind had his leg broken and the bone was sticking out of his skin.  

Main Stage-  Lori was alright,  people seemed to be enjoying th pyro. more than the music.  Static X was really good the crowd was getting into it.  We had row 5 seats dead center.  When Lamb Of God came on the place went nuts.  Towards the end of thier set all hell broke loose.  At Shoeline there is no pit at the main stage so the space between row one and the stage is about 5 feet.  People stormed the stage,  security was way out numbered.  I saw security choking people and blows were being throwen back and fourth.  This went on for three songs.  In between Lamb of God and Ozzy security were tying to come up with a plan for Ozzy.  Ozzy came on and everyone went crazy agian.  The first 7 rows got soaked with water and white foam.  Ozzy played the same set that has already been posted.  Zack had a long solo.  Ozzy rocked but iam sorry to say I think he is getting sick.  His voice was cracking and I could see him coughing in between singing his nose was runing too.  I really hope he makes his next few shows.  Anyway , the last few Ozzy songs the stage got rushed agian.  This time I could not even see security I think they had to jump the barrier.  Ozzy was shaking hands with people who got to the front.  Seemed like that rush pushed him through he finished strong.  

Thanks for the review! Seems like you  had a good time!

dethklok66623

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 11:46:26 am »

I looked at the title of this topic and thought no shit its free.

stevesgirl

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 11:54:18 am »

sweet_dark said:

stevesgirl said: Ok well I will post the info here on the Mnt. View show for now.

Thanks for the review! Seems like you  had a good time!
[/QUOT The last 2 Ozzfests we had the best time but both times we were able to get very close to Ozzy
psycho_bitch

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 01:13:31 pm »

dethklok66623 said: I looked at the title of this topic and thought no shit its free.

yup

Lady_Delaina

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 01:17:48 pm »

silentwarrior said: im Harrington of ContraCostaTimes.com reports: The free Ozzfest show at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View [California] drew a mixture of patrons those who had followed the instructions on how to properly obtain free tickets and those who simply showed up without ducats in hand HuhHuh?? all of whom gained admission to the venue on Thursday.

Thank you .. I love his voice b ut then thats all I seen or heard at marysville.. UPGRADE UPGRADE and UPGRADE

::finger
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: