HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst Band Of Ozzfest 06?  (Read 41384 times)
Deadman669

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2007, 12:19:18 am »

1. Where the fuck did the word Metalcore come from anyway?  Sounds like Nazi speak for those who can't take an extra .3 seconds to say Hardcore Metal.
2. Strapping Young Lad is like a bad action movie with special effects that a two year old coule improve upon with a lot of unnecessary screaming.

A Real Metal God
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 01:10:20 am »

Deadman669 said: 1. Where the fuck did the word Metalcore come from anyway?  Sounds like Nazi speak for those who can't take an extra .3 seconds to say Hardcore Metal.
2. Strapping Young Lad is like a bad action movie with special effects that a two year old coule improve upon with a lot of unnecessary screaming.

Ohh Jesus Christ, off yourself too.

I refuse to say hardcore metal.. Metalcore is the proper subgenre name, whether you like it or not.

Secondly, Devin Townsend possessed the most musical talent out of anyone on the festival last year. He's a great vocalist, song writer, and guitar player. His solo work and Devin Townsend Band are phenominal.  And SYL had Gene Hoglan, formerly of the band DEATH drumming. His double bass is simple insane.

You don't know shit about squat.

Deadman669

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 07:21:48 am »

jimbob232 said:

Deadman669 said: 1. Where the fuck did the word Metalcore come from anyway?  Sounds like Nazi speak for those who can't take an extra .3 seconds to say Hardcore Metal.

I refuse to say hardcore metal.. Metalcore is the proper subgenre name, whether you like it or not.

Secondly, Devin Townsend possessed the most musical talent out of anyone on the festival last year. He's a great vocalist, song writer, and guitar player. His solo work and Devin Townsend Band are phenominal.  And SYL had Gene Hoglan, formerly of the band DEATH drumming. His double bass is simple insane.

Don't think i don't know what i'm talking about.  Death is an overrated group as well.  In fact, most music from black and death metal genres are crap, with no rhythm, terrible vocals that are indecipherable, and they become so obsessed with personal image that they turn American metalheads into Norweiigen Sympathizers and criminals.  Ooooh, special.  

You want real music?  Try Chimaira, Mastodon, and Cradle of Filth

A Real Metal God
huntedsnark

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 07:41:20 am »

After reading some of these comments I am seriously loosing hope for the future of metal.

Death is untalented? Devin Townsend worst act? Cradle of Filth is now real metal? I must have been lost in the real world of metal for so long I forgot that this abominable pit of posers existed.

I mean, even if you personally don't like their sound don't call them untalented, the man clearly know how to destroy a guitar.

And also, what does "Noweigen Sympathizers and Criminals mean? Do you think they were like Nazis or something, I'm sort of confused by that.

This is the reason that Ozzfest has sucked over the last few years, we have you Jr High wannabes coming in here bad mouthing real talent while getting hard ons for for made for TV bands like Avenged Sevenfold.
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 08:22:53 am »

Deadman669 said:
jimbob232 said:

Don't think i don't know what i'm talking about.  Death is an overrated group as well.  In fact, most music from black and death metal genres are crap, with no rhythm, terrible vocals that are indecipherable, and they become so obsessed with personal image that they turn American metalheads into Norweiigen Sympathizers and criminals.  Ooooh, special.  

If this isn't a joke, then there is no hope for you.

Liarsenic

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2007, 02:26:28 pm »

Bad Acid Trip and Avenged Sevenfold by far. The 2nd stage I didn't mind too much, but it all seemed redundant too. Same with 2003's 2nd stage line up.

Formerly known as hardcore_cutie from the old boards. Check me out at harmcityharlots.com

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2007, 05:23:28 pm »

Deadman669 said:
jimbob232 said:

Oh great, another fucking mallcore kid saying that shitty music is better than good bands like Death and SYL. You don't know shit about death or black metal.

Deadman669

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2007, 07:31:04 am »

Oh great, another fucking mallcore kid saying that shitty music is better than good bands like Death and SYL. You don't know shit about death or black metal.

Actually i do, i have to hear my friend get hard-ons about it for the millienth time.  And since when is Mastodon and Chimaira Mallcore? That would be blasphemy where i come from (Seattle). When the fuck did that happen?  And up until their last album, Filth was regarded as the craziest in black metal. What the fuck is happening?  

And for the record, talent is in the eye of the beholder.  "Shiity music", as you put it, actually has rhythm and are comprhendible while singing, so, whatever, i'd rather listen to shitty music than to some guy who's trying to be something he's not in the singers fromSYL and Death  They aren't, and will never be, and that is, worth listening to.

A Real Metal God
A_C
Community

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2007, 07:36:45 am »

I will pass no judgement until the show is over.

fucksharon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2007, 07:47:01 am »

for me it was either bad acid trip, dragonforce, norma jean or a7x
watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2007, 07:48:19 am »

Deadman669 said:

Actually i do, i have to hear my friend get hard-ons about it for the millienth time.  And since when is Mastodon and Chimaira Mallcore? That would be blasphemy where i come from (Seattle). When the fuck did that happen?  And up until their last album, Filth was regarded as the craziest in black metal. What the fuck is happening?  

And for the record, talent is in the eye of the beholder.  "Shiity music", as you put it, actually has rhythm and are comprhendible while singing, so, whatever, i'd rather listen to shitty music than to some guy who's trying to be something he's not in the singers fromSYL and Death  They aren't, and will never be, and that is, worth listening to.

Cradle of Filth was NEVER black metal.

Devin Townsend is a great musician and Songwriter.

And what the fuck do you mean "some guy who's trying to be something he's not"? You don't make sense.

Your statement, as follows, shows you don't know shit about Black or Death metal:

Deadman669

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2007, 04:40:38 pm »

So, because i like music other than black metal, i don't know shit about it?  FUCK OFF.  That makes no sense.  You don't know shit from your anus.  There is black/death metal worth listening to (Bodom/Carcass/DevilDriver/Dimmu Borgir).  

And note:  say something besides the "fact" that he's great, becuase stating something proves nothing.

A Real Metal God
jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2007, 05:53:08 pm »

Deadman669 said: So, because i like music other than black metal, i don't know shit about it?  FUCK OFF.  That makes no sense.  You don't know shit from your anus.  There is black/death metal worth listening to (Bodom/Carcass/DevilDriver/Dimmu Borgir).  

And note:  say something besides the "fact" that he's great, becuase stating something proves nothing.

Except:

Bodom is power metal with harsh vocals

Carcass was grindcore/melodeath

Devildriver sucks ass and is metalcore

and Dimmu is hardly black metal anymore.

Caex listens to WAY more than just black metal. You mistaking him for some kvlt black metal elitist is just wrong.

strack234

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2007, 06:59:02 pm »

i hate the fucking hardcore emo fags like norma jean and a7x and also atreyu theyre all gay
strack234

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2007, 07:06:39 pm »

Deadman669 said: So, because i like music other than black metal, i don't know shit about it?  FUCK OFF.  That makes no sense.  You don't know shit from your anus.  There is black/death metal worth listening to (Bodom/Carcass/DevilDriver/Dimmu Borgir).  

agreed, dude i met bodom in december!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: