HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your favorite band and why  (Read 29580 times)
Opethfan

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2009, 02:59:34 pm »

All-time is CFH. I must say as of now it is Dark Tranqullity. They have alot of music out and ALL of it kicks an abundance of ass. Not many dull moments with that band. Had Watershed not let me down I would of crowned Opeth.
aduran777

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2009, 04:01:10 pm »

Pantera. They got me into metal before the whole Korn, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot & Marylin Manson trend took over.

Ravisk

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2009, 05:54:05 am »

Well for me, I got into metal by the likes of Stratovarius (Black diamond was a hit), Metallica (MOP S&M Version) and Maiden. After that I was into Children Of Bodom, with their video of In Your Face that showed how great they were as a band and also the coolest keyboard solo ever from Janne Wirman, then I started out to check out their old stuff and I was totally blown away from tracks such as Hatebreeder, Mask Of Sanity, Lil Blood Red Ridin Hood, the awesome shred battles. As I was digging the COB, I tried listening to the other side projects such as Warmen and Sinergy, Warmen showing how technical and proggressive you can go with instrumentation and Sinergy with some old school guitar dueling between Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala which was fronted by Alexi's Ex wife Kimberly Goss,
pythons_and_heavymetal

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2009, 09:33:15 pm »

I have to pick one? no way... fuck you::finger

pantera
lamb of god
devildriver
dethklok
ozzy
dimmu borgir
drowning pool b4 the original singer died

Enough Said.::finger
Helena000

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2009, 12:02:48 am »

I have a lot, but I will just say Nine Inch Nails, Lacuna Coil, Ministry, and Korn.
metalfan18

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2009, 12:53:10 pm »

metallica why? they came out with really good albums...and i think death magnetic is really good too.but my opinion of course

slipknot, metallica, shine down fan.....SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!?HuhHuhHuh::finger
luxaxy7

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2009, 03:08:07 pm »

red hot chili peppers.. permanently.

but right now i'm kinda infatuated with avenged sevenfold.. and puddle of mudd but i think i'm the only one still listening to them haha
log_fan_08

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2009, 10:58:20 pm »

IT would be a tie between slipknot who is just awesome and they put on an awesome show and the 2nd would be pantera why 1. Dimebag is awesome and 2. haven't heard a bad song yet from them::smile

slipknot fan ::smile
Dirt_Renolds

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2009, 06:11:31 am »

alice in chains

because they sound good

sos666son_of_satan_666

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2009, 01:49:16 pm »

my favorite is dimmu borgir every time i'm angry or stressed i listen to them, then i smoke some weed and then i'm calm and relaxed::animatedsmile

drugs is the enemy, but the bible says "thy shale love thy enemy"
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2010, 03:04:13 pm »

hi people .. i find super guitarist!!he is only 12 and he play only 14 months the guitar and he shred like herman li .. must see!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbJPIq-4b-4 .. and ozzy is best singer in history
MeltedMetalhead

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2010, 03:07:20 pm »

SABBATH AND METALLICA BECUZ I GREW UP WITH THEM METALLICA KICKS MEGADETH's ASS
KIRK WAS TAUGHT BY A LEGENDARY GUITARIST JOE SATRIANI AND DAVE SUCKS AT SINGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK ALL THE PPL WHO THINK MEGADETH IS BETTER THEN METALLICA BECUZ MEGADETH WOULDNT BE AROUND WITHOUT DAVE BEING KICKED OUT OF METALLICA ::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger

hey keep it metal!::finger::finger::finger
SUPERDRUNK151
Community

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2010, 07:36:25 pm »

Right now I'm gonna have to go with Mercyful Fate/King Diamond.Great Singer,guitar playing,song writing and King Diamond is the FUCKIN MAN::finger

DarknessEternal777

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2010, 09:11:05 pm »

I know everyone isgonna laugh at me and call me a poser and say i dont know metal..but, my all-time fav band is Slipknot..go ahead laugh it up. call them sellout s.i dont care.they got me into metal and because of them i have discovered the greatest genre of music out there..i have been a maggot for about 8 years now ..my first concert was slipknot headlining mayhem fest and it kicked fucking ass..Slipknot is in my opinion one of the best bands to ever walk this earth and i dont care what anyone says about them..I love every branch metal has t offer but Slipknot will always be my favorite band
Grandmaster_Disaster
Grandmaster_Disaster
Community

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2010, 02:51:00 pm »

MeltedMetalhead said: SABBATH AND METALLICA BECUZ I GREW UP WITH THEM METALLICA KICKS MEGADETH's ASS
KIRK WAS TAUGHT BY A LEGENDARY GUITARIST JOE SATRIANI AND DAVE SUCKS AT SINGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK ALL THE PPL WHO THINK MEGADETH IS BETTER THEN METALLICA BECUZ MEGADETH WOULDNT BE AROUND WITHOUT DAVE BEING KICKED OUT OF METALLICA ::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger

but dave sounds like vic imo, that's the image he puts in my head, an old skeleton sounds like he is decaying, plus metallica wouldn't have the four horsemen w/o dave and other hits too : /, but I gotta say my favorite is Arch Enemy, I like their new stuff but w/ Johan his vocals are crazy, and he is real in depth with his lyrics, plus the ammott brothers, play wholly with their heart, it's not just some damn scale ripoff or a general crunch, it's structured and FUCKING EXCELLENT Cheesy

Because in America your misfortune is HILARIOUS!!!! XD
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: