HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 70's vs 80's vs 90's  (Read 1252 times)
puffpuffpass
Community

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 07:31:17 pm »

i'd say either the 70s or 80s. the music was bad ass, everyone was fucked up, and time was simpler.

???????DawnoftheDead???????

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 08:58:47 pm »

Either the 70's or the 90's. The 90's was a rough time in metal but that decade spawned a whole slew of shit that we have now. And the 70's were the shit

ChickenFucker
Community

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 11:07:58 am »

watchwolf said:

ChickenFucker said:

watchwolf said:

ChickenFucker said:

hatebreed516 said: personally, i kinda wish i was in my teens through the 90's i wouldve been able to appreciate alot more that went on now lookin back it seems like i missed some great stuff but thats just my opinion

The 90's was mostly a horrible time for music. It almost killed metal.

Not really. All it did was drive metal underground, it was far from dead.

actually it damn near was. The biggest and best metal bands around were in some of their toughest stretches ever.  When the biggest and best are down, record labels aren't signing bands of their genre for fear of failure. and the underground argument although partially true results in less people buying the albums, going to shows and in turn results in less motivation to make quality metal music. I lived through and it believe me the early and mid 90's were rough.

Most of the really great bands of today started during the 90s and so did most of the really good festivals.

Not saying that there wasn't good bands that were spawned in the 90's, there were and some good albums, but overall it was a bad decade for metal, especially the mid 90's. Just look at what happened to some of the bigger metal bands in the mid 90's like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth. Not good.....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Skull And Crossbones
Community

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 07:36:33 pm »

i was born in 85 so i dont remember much about the 80s and i was not into metal at the time.  i didnt start liking metal til late 90s and 2000, so i would have to go with 90s for me.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: