HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My near death experience on the way to my Metallica show last night in Moline, and the hell I went through today getting home.  (Read 2394 times)
???????FIRSTOZZYFAN???????

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 10:32:07 pm »

Mapquest is the worst thing you could ever use to "find your way"....I have met so many people who had used mapquest who have been WAY off course.(they even put TOWNS on there that dont exist!!) The last time someone approached me I decided to give him some advice,...I said Sir,..you look intelligent,well dressed,and drive a BMW,.why the hell dont you lust get a fucking navigator??? He said 'the wife got it in the divorce,'..
(tough break pal,..you shoulda kept it in yer pants...)

Its my belief that getting lost is fucking DANGEROUS,..it depends on where you wind up getting lost I suppose.
I use a GARMIN,...I got a Garmin for my loved ones as well.
JAGBAG,..glad you made it.
The last time I hit a deer I was actually driving cautiously with a technique I call staring for deer.
I go a litttle slower in the heavily deep populated ares,.then look into the side shadows for the telltale glowing eye or moving silouette.
This time it didnt work as it was broad daylight and the deer was up on a 8 foot by 10 foot lawn in a four foot high retaining wall,around a blind corner.
So the deer leaps off the wall and basically fallls from the sky 2 feet in front of me,..my car knocks his feet from under him,he slides up my hood,up my windsheild (kicking like a motherfucker) and winds up on my roof. Then heres the cool part. HE STANDS UP ON MY ROOF AND STARTS WALKING AROUND!!!::surprise::surprise::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh  
Even though I gently hit the brakes he fell back onto my hood,..sliding past the windshield kicking again (I thought fer shur the glass would break and I`d be crushed to defff) then he hits the ground,..stands up,..looks around,.and jumps off a 100 foot cliff!!::surprise::laugh
Most deer hits cause between $1400-$3000 in damage around here,..I got off with a cracked turn signal which I got at cost and put in myself for about $90.::laugh
Metallica was nowhere in sight though............................::animatedlaugh

GodOfEmptiness

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 10:59:07 pm »

ya mapquest  sucks, I got lost when i went to see Ozzfest 06 and Missed Nile (but i didnt have to sit through In This Moment and Chthonic ). and then This summer i missed Testament on the Metal Masters Tour .

???????FIRSTOZZYFAN???????

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 11:06:53 pm »

AmongTheLiving said: ya mapquest  sucks, I got lost when i went to see Ozzfest 06 and Missed Nile (but i didnt have to sit through In This Moment and Chthonic ). and then This summer i missed Testament on the Metal Masters Tour .

Well then I guess Mapquest would be good for any music elitists out there,..they will arrive late after all the "shitty" bands....if they dont hit a deer or wind up squealin like a pig like that guy in deliverence.

chilidog1980
Community

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 11:07:52 pm »

Mapquest has yet to steer me wrong.....I'm glad you made it home safely jagbag.
JaGBaG

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 11:14:29 pm »

chilidog1980 said: Mapquest has yet to steer me wrong.....I'm glad you made it home safely jagbag.

its brings a smile to my face to see your name posting here.  and you avatar still makes me fucking hungry
chilidog1980
Community

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 11:15:51 pm »

JaGBaG said:

chilidog1980 said: Mapquest has yet to steer me wrong.....I'm glad you made it home safely jagbag.

its brings a smile to my face to see your name posting here.  and you avatar still makes me fucking hungry

yeah, i was missing everyone so i thought i'd drop by.
JaGBaG

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 11:17:37 pm »

chilidog1980 said:
JaGBaG said:

yeah, i was missing everyone so i thought i'd drop by.

::smileyface
heavymetalgirl

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 11:22:04 pm »

That's some crazy shit. Glad your o.k. I had a crazy journey to and from Metallica for the Master of Puppets tour.
I spun out in the grassy median when a guy in front of me hit his brakes in the rain. Then on the way home I go the wrong way on 95 and end up in Virginia when I live in Baltimore. I'm doing like 95 mph cause it's real late and no one is on the highway, a car is approaching from behind pretty fast so I let off the gas and slow down, it's a cop and he just blows by me like I'm standing still while I'm still doing 80. He never even flicked his lights or slowed down, I got paranoid and drifted down to about 70 when another cop blows by the same way. Needless to say I did the speed limit the rest of the way home.

If electricity comes from electrons,
does morality come from morons?
zfw
Numb-Nutz
Community

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 11:25:05 pm »

heavymetalgirl said: That's some crazy shit. Glad your o.k. I had a crazy journey to and from Metallica for the Master of Puppets tour.
I spun out in the grassy median when a guy in front of me hit his brakes in the rain. Then on the way home I go the wrong way on 95 and end up in Virginia when I live in Baltimore. I'm doing like 95 mph cause it's real late and no one is on the highway, a car is approaching from behind pretty fast so I let off the gas and slow down, it's a cop and he just blows by me like I'm standing still while I'm still doing 80. He never even flicked his lights or slowed down, I got paranoid and drifted down to about 70 when another cop blows by the same way. Needless to say I did the speed limit the rest of the way home.

those cops were probably on their way to meet some hookers...........

DamnYankee07
Community

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008, 11:57:30 pm »

Glad you're alright man, and that's metal as fuck to soldier on and get to the show.::finger

GodOfEmptiness

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2008, 12:10:37 am »

DamnYankee07 said: Glad you're alright man, and that's metal as fuck to soldier on and get to the show.::finger
Indeed. Example #1 of being a true metal head.

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 08:59:49 am »

AmongTheLiving said: ya mapquest  sucks, I got lost when i went to see Ozzfest 06 and Missed Nile (but i didnt have to sit through In This Moment and Chthonic ). and then This summer i missed Testament on the Metal Masters Tour .

I'd have been upset about missing Chthonic, they are a good band, one of the best there that year.

Ace_Rothstein

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2008, 12:44:30 pm »

__?Huh???FIRSTOZZYFAN?HuhHuh_ said:  then he hits the ground,..stands up,..looks around,.and jumps off a 100 foot cliff!!::surprise::laugh
Metallica was nowhere in sight though............................::animatedlaugh

I wish you had of followed his example.
TheNotoriousJaz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2008, 02:34:57 pm »

Master_Chief said:

Ace_Rothstein said: If I was on my way to a Metallica show I would have had a near death experience too, because if I had to go to a Metallica concert I would try to kill myself.
Fail.

Epically.

"stand and deliver or the devil he may take you"
http://www.myspace.com/maaxmetal
Metal_As_Fuck

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2008, 04:20:26 pm »

down were fucking awesome so were the sword  . down are great live wanna see them again

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: