HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are most relgions cults in disguise?  (Read 5646 times)
_watchwolf_mastermind_

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2008, 07:00:07 am »

I have been thinking about this for many years and from the many things that i have seen happen, all signs point to yes. What are your opinions on this matter?

Id rather be bare then wear hare. Show the skin youre in.
JyGoRn_AuKsRyTe
Queefing In A Funky Fishstick Sausagefest!!!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 07:55:00 am »

Most....Yes,  Mine...Hellz No!!! I Am A Legally Ordained Reverend In Over 6 Different Organazations! And You Can Be Too! Online Ordination....It Just Rawks! Wait, Did I Also Forget To Mention That I Am An Agnostic-Jedi As Well...No, Seriously! ::finger::surprise::finger

The_post_modern_sadist
Sadistic asshole, poet and madman
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 06:03:12 pm »

_watchwolf_mastermind_ said: I have been thinking about this for many years and from the many things that i have seen happen, all signs point to yes. What are your opinions on this matter?
yes

SLAYTANIC_WERHMACHT

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 01:56:25 am »

all religions are cults...not all cults are religions...::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh::animatedlaugh
dethklok66623

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 05:44:52 pm »

Yes

FTW13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 08:08:44 am »

Ze_JyGoRn_AuKsRyTe said: Most....Yes,  Mine...Hellz No!!! I Am A Legally Ordained Reverend In Over 6 Different Organazations! And You Can Be Too! Online Ordination....It Just Rawks! Wait, Did I Also Forget To Mention That I Am An Agnostic-Jedi As Well...No, Seriously! ::finger::surprise::finger
I too am a legally Ordained Reverend!::sinister

"Forever Love It Loud"!
JyGoRn_AuKsRyTe
Queefing In A Funky Fishstick Sausagefest!!!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 07:41:29 am »

FTW13...HMMMMM....SERIOUSLY....REALLY???  Undecided Embarrassed Undecided

chilidog1980
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 11:34:03 pm »

Everytime I've been in a church, I totally get that cult vibe coming from the place.
MsCeeAngel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 11:58:02 pm »

Look up Definition of cult. Then understand the question at hand.

~MsCeeAngel~  XD ::finger
LordOfDarkMetal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 03:16:20 pm »

Are they? Probably so? Who cares!

I'm the guy your mom warned ya bout! ::finger
FTW13

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 08:21:05 am »

FTW13...HMMMMM....SERIOUSLY....REALLY???  Undecided Embarrassed Undecided
Its true, Grin

"Forever Love It Loud"!
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 10:24:31 pm »

my sister-in-law wanted to return to the catholic church and they MADE her and my brother get married all over again because they said their 'civil ceremony' in 1981 'didn't count.'  the ceremony was so rushed and half-assed that we had no time to make proper arrangements.  when it was over, I said, really loudly, "what?  no cookies??" and the priest glared at me.  I'd never been to a catholic ceremony that didn't include the blessing of the host.

only about a dozen people showed up and they were mostly church members.  mom was so pissed at the church that she refused to go and she grew up with the traditional latin mass.  the only reason my brother went along with it was to make his wife happy.  he has no desire to go back to church services.

there was one church member who dogged me the whole day, asking me if I was going to join their church (no, I don't live around here), well, what church do you go to then? (I don't go to church), didn't you grow up catholic like your brother? (yes), well we hope the recent troubles in the church haven't changed your mind about God . . . (no, I've known about all the altarboy-raping priests since I was a kid).  that shut her the hell up.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Tiger479
Stranger in an even stranger land
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 08:53:57 am »

The Cathloic church my wife and I grew up going to isnt what it used to be. To get married there you gota take all these classes and blah, blah, blah, and then you have to be come a member. In order to become a member you to donate a certain amount of your income to the church every month, on top of the donations they ask for every Sunday. I told my wife they are high on bat shit if they think Im going to unwillingly give them money just so I can say Im a member. Thats a bunch of B/S, if you want me to believe in something your sure as hell not going to charge me for it. Thats why we dont go anymore, its just full of hypocrits we grew up with anyway, they think if they show up every Sunday that will save their ass from all the shit they do.

Wow, I think I've been holding that one in Grin   
Skull And Crossbones
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 06:23:15 am »

The Cathloic church my wife and I grew up going to isnt what it used to be. To get married there you gota take all these classes and blah, blah, blah, and then you have to be come a member. In order to become a member you to donate a certain amount of your income to the church every month, on top of the donations they ask for every Sunday. I told my wife they are high on bat shit if they think Im going to unwillingly give them money just so I can say Im a member. Thats a bunch of B/S, if you want me to believe in something your sure as hell not going to charge me for it. Thats why we dont go anymore, its just full of hypocrits we grew up with anyway, they think if they show up every Sunday that will save their ass from all the shit they do.

Wow, I think I've been holding that one in Grin   

wow dude, im roman catholic and i never heard anything like that.  i've been to church many times too.

and back to the topic, i dont think the major religions are "cults" or even come off as being a "cult".  but i have to admit, them johavas are wierd.  they go into peoples neighborhoods and go from door to door asking if people will join them.  i can see how people would get the feeling they are a cult.  but i dont think they are a cult, but thats the only religion where i can see why people get the feeling it might be a cult. i dont know much about cults but for the people in them, isn't that like their religion or something?  anyone can make up a religion and ordain themselves as the head of it.  and if they are able to manipulate weak minded people into joining, and in doing so they have to give up their life savings to have false promises never fullfilled.   that would be a cult considering my previous statement, that to the people in the cult, it is their religion.

Tiger479
Stranger in an even stranger land
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 09:35:34 pm »

A wise man once said " There are too many religions for only on god"  Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: