HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serj Tankian w/ the Nightwatchmen (man)  (Read 3052 times)
Master_Chief
Community

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2007, 11:04:01 pm »

yesterday (10/18/07) i went to the Fillmore at the TLA to check out Serj's new solo band.  I got there about half way thru Nightwatchmen's set and for a rage against the machin member alone with an acoustic he managed to get the crowd jumpin.  i would tell you some of the songs but i dont know what they were called.  After that there was about a 25 min. set change (IMO the didnt need 1 because everything was set up besides mic's).  The crowd began getting anxious and the drunks on the second floor were screamin like the drunks they were when his back up band ( the flying cunts of chaos aka FFC) came out and 2 minutes later sej comes out in a white tuc and a white top hat like what he wore in the empty walls video but all white.  The first 2 songs were the only 2 i knew and probably only ones any1 else knew which were unthinking majority and empty walls.  you might think the studio versions werent any good but THIS...THIS was incredible...simply amazing.  After about 3 more songs he played a song called Baby where in the beginning it was slow and got faster but anyways drunks on the second floor started yellin outta no where and serj keeps singing and clearly adds in "*lyrics* ...shut the fuck up... *lyrics start again*" then eveeryone starts laughin and he continues with his song.   he played a Death Kennedy song and wrapped up with a few of his own.  when he left the stage ppl started yelling encore but it gradually got louder and louder that the floor and roof began to shake because of banging and stomping.  so he decided to come out and do one of his piano songs which was awsome (coming from someone that doesnt take the time to listen to anything that doesnt involve heaviness is pretty good).  After that ppl started leaving as did i and i went home...got a shower cuz i smelled like a beer can...then went right to bed.  On a Scale of 1 to 10 id give it a 9 because it blew me away and i had ni idea it would be so amazing!

if u ppl have one of his shows coming near you i highly recommend going because its not what u think itll be like.
im still exhausted...

Master_Chief
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:47:18 pm »

lots of typos i know

DrummeRDanieL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 01:23:18 pm »

::finger

::smile
JaGBaG

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 10:54:55 pm »

o
Master_Chief
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 09:32:09 am »

Lol, WOA.

Deb58

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 01:31:59 am »

Serj was here in calgary and the folks were restless.lets face it this is not metal material.  He and the band wore pink and they sucked..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: