HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nightmare Before Christmas Tattos yay or nay?  (Read 1796 times)
Maiden_Fan888

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 02:37:23 pm »

Stoned_Catz said: man, getz a dragon man
I plan on getting a chinese dragon sometime soon.  my grandpa always got dragon tatoos and he wanted to get a chinese dragon but he passed away so I plan on getting one in remembrance of him
OnlinePhantomX

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 07:30:22 pm »

sweet Boba Fet tattoo DamnYankee. cthulhuXDawn that art style is perfect whoever did that tattoo is the person that I want to do mine if possible. Mellon_Head  now that you mention it that would cost a shitload of money, maby top of the calf to the bottom of the calf or a little lower. A sleeve would be cool but I but idealy I wanted to just put it on the outside of my calf so I can actually look at it whenever I want without spreading my legs.
Lieutenant_Sheepz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 07:36:58 pm »

AmongTheLiving said: get a Boba Fett Tat

that is the single most bad ass thing ever

MEATSANDWICH said: GET A RICHARD SIMMONS TATTOO

that would be epic

Distance
Community

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 12:35:42 am »

i would of course say yay  but you don't seem too bright so don't get one kthx.
JaGBaG

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2008, 12:37:22 am »

look, im not exaggerating when i say the success of your mission hinges on how well you use that cardboard box.
DreadLord344
UP THE IRONS!!!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008, 01:28:19 am »

The little kids need to get off the Tim Burton kick.  But, since douchebags never listen and have to be trendy, knee to ankle for one piece will probably run you from $300-$600 depending on the artist and on long it takes.  If you're looking to do a whole calf sleeve it's going to be over $1k.

I hate, therefore, I am.
nursebetty88

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008, 12:08:22 pm »

OnlinePhantomX said: I want to get a Nightmare Before Christmas tattoo but I want to get one that does the movie justice(I'm not some emo fucker or anything like that, I'm just a big fan of the movie since I was six) I want to get it about from my kneecap to my ankle, and in color. Basicly I would like to know this:

1. where is a good parlor to go to or just a good artist
2. it has to be in the southern virginia, Charlotte Raliegh N.C. area
3. an estimate on how much it would cost.

Ok first off let me start by saying that cheap tattoos are never good tattoos. So if you want work get ready to shell some bills. You need to go to different parlors in your area check them out, look at how clean they are watch them do a tattoo on someone and see how they set up. Ask lots of questions. Tattoo artist will be more than happy to give you a quote. Shop around before you decide. Remember this will be on you for the rest of your life so you want to make sure that it is done right and the way you like. Look at the tattoo artists portfolio and see how they do their work. A tattoo artists portfolio is EVERYTHING! You can see so much just from looking at that and they will never have a problem showing off the work they have done. Have fun and good luck! (oh and my old man is a tattoo artist and runs his own shop so i'm not just talking out of my ass)

OnlinePhantomX

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2008, 10:37:10 pm »

@ DreadLord344: what the fuck is your problem. I am NOT a kid, Im nineteen, I'm young but not a kid.  Second, Im not some emo douchebag who wants it because its "trendy" this movie has genuine sentimental value to me. I cant stand all those mother fuckers who like the Nightmare Before Christmas because its "emo" or some stupid shit like that and as far as being trendy or doing it because its popular right now I honestly couldnt give a fuck, Ive never been "trendy" nor will I ever be trendy and thats just fine with me. you shouldnt be so quick to judge people you've never met before. I do appreciate your advice though and will remember it. I wasn't planing on getting a sleve anyway especially now that youve given an estimate of the price.
OnlinePhantomX

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2008, 10:55:32 pm »

@ nursebetty88: thanks alot for the advice its very specific, which is exactly what I need. Your opinions are very similar to what I've heard by members of my family and everyone else I've spoken to about this, knowing that the advice is the same advice coming out of a tatto parlor makes me that much more confident in how I am approaching it. Very true about the cheap tattoo's too I notice them everywhere where I live and they all look so shity. Why would you want to get a random piece of shity artwork on you just because you saved some money on It and it's trendy. Money comes and goes, but that tattoo is going to be there forever. anyway where is your dad's tatto parlor at is there a website?
Lycaon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2008, 11:33:15 pm »

JaGBaG said: look, im not exaggerating when i say the success of your mission hinges on how well you use that cardboard box.
...deja vu ::surprise....
METALIZATION
Community

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 12:03:52 am »

sounds cool ! cover your whole back with one massive seen !!!!!!!!!!!!  night before christmas moss pit would be brutal !!!!!::finger

::finger::finger
nursebetty88

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2008, 12:43:24 pm »

OnlinePhantomX said: @ nursebetty88: thanks alot for the advice its very specific, which is exactly what I need. Your opinions are very similar to what I've heard by members of my family and everyone else I've spoken to about this, knowing that the advice is the same advice coming out of a tatto parlor makes me that much more confident in how I am approaching it. Very true about the cheap tattoo's too I notice them everywhere where I live and they all look so shity. Why would you want to get a random piece of shity artwork on you just because you saved some money on It and it's trendy. Money comes and goes, but that tattoo is going to be there forever. anyway where is your dad's tatto parlor at is there a website?

Lmao! It's not my dad it's my boyfriend aka: my old man. It is in Fort Worth, TX. THey are on myspace. Look up Real Deal Tattoos should find it there

maiden666fan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2008, 04:21:50 pm »

I will throw in my two cents worth. I own a tattoo shop in Illinois. Any drawings you have can help the artist, but be willing to let their creative side go to work and you will get a better tattoo than if you just say I want this picture on my calf.

Full calf sleeve in my shop would run from $750 up to around $1k depending on color or b/w.

FInally, make sure it is what you want, because you keep that shit forever! Get to know your artist and be willing to pay for their ability. As stated above, do you research and look at the artist's portfolio. It is a great indication of what they have done in the past and if they have the ability to do justice to your piece.

If your goal is to eventually have your calf sleeved out, start out small with a centerpiece that the artist can work around and add to in the future. Beginning like that may only cost you around $300. Remember, a good tattoo is never an inexpensive or cheap tattoo!

TheNotoriousJaz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2008, 04:35:34 pm »

Yay, why not.

"stand and deliver or the devil he may take you"
http://www.myspace.com/maaxmetal
ozzman_8
Community

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 06:14:04 pm »

just do it... do it..
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up