HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dir en grey vs Chthonic  (Read 3442 times)
EvilHippieDriftwood
New Member
*
Posts: 2034



View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 06:06:48 pm »

Quote
CannibalCorpse said:
Quote
Driftwood said:
Quote
CannibalCorpse said: No, they're not. Dir En Grey sucks ass and Chthonic are amazing.

Chthonic

Okay, God. *eye roll*

Dir en Grey >>>> Chtonic.

::animatedlaugh Whatever. How so?

The poll is comparing two completely different styles of music. Dir en Grey = Japanese rock/metal. Chthonic = Taiwanese symphonic black metal.

You'd have to have an open mind to appreciate the finer points of Diru's music, like Caex, Sexymanbeast, and I.
Logged

October 24: Opeth (fuck openers)
CannibalCorpse
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 7973



View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 06:08:16 pm »

Quote

Driftwood said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Driftwood said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said: No, they're not. Dir En Grey sucks ass and Chthonic are amazing.

Chthonic


Okay, God. *eye roll*

Dir en Grey >>>> Chtonic.


::animatedlaugh Whatever. How so?


The poll is comparing two completely different styles of music. Dir en Grey = Japanese rock/metal. Chthonic = Taiwanese symphonic black metal.

You'd have to have an open mind to appreciate the finer points of Diru's music, like Caex, Sexymanbeast, and I.


There's nothing to appreciate about a band that sounds bad.
Logged


Jisatsu
New Member
*
Posts: 25



View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 06:13:48 pm »

Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Driftwood said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Driftwood said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said: No, they're not. Dir En Grey sucks ass and Chthonic are amazing.

Chthonic


Okay, God. *eye roll*

Dir en Grey >>>> Chtonic.


::animatedlaugh Whatever. How so?


The poll is comparing two completely different styles of music. Dir en Grey = Japanese rock/metal. Chthonic = Taiwanese symphonic black metal.

You'd have to have an open mind to appreciate the finer points of Diru's music, like Caex, Sexymanbeast, and I.


There's nothing to appreciate about a band that sounds bad.


I don't think they sound bad at all.  Their live shows are super entertaining and fun too.
Chthonic isn't bad either.  I love the guitar work on Chthonic and the drumming is wonderful.

But in all honesty, I like dir en grey a lot more.

Whether or not they are better musical techniques and what not, that's something I'm not going on in this vote.  

I vote for Dir en grey because I enjoy listening to their music more than I do Chthonic.
Logged



Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 06:13:56 pm »

I have an open mind, But Dir En Grey are just shit

the vocals are horrible!

Esp on the song Clever Sleazoid
Logged



EvilHippieDriftwood
New Member
*
Posts: 2034



View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 06:15:44 pm »

Quote
Totengott said: I have an open mind, But Dir En Grey are just shit

the vocals are horrible!

Esp on the song Clever Sleazoid

Try their older stuff, such as [KR}Cube and Garden. Hell, even their newer stuff such as The Final and Merciless Cult have some great vocalwork. You just have to know where to look.
Logged

October 24: Opeth (fuck openers)
watchwolf
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 4317



View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 06:16:09 pm »

Quote
burn_all_midgets said:
Quote
LittleMissAura said: Unfortunately I haven't heard Chthonic yet. However, I really like Dir. I've been a fan of them before they came to America, because I'm in to Japanese music. I know that's not very metal, but you know I don't mind. ::smile
Chthonic are Taiwanese, that's close enough to Japanese.

Wow, you're a moron
Logged

Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 06:17:34 pm »

Quote

Driftwood said:
Quote

Totengott said: I have an open mind, But Dir En Grey are just shit

the vocals are horrible!

Esp on the song Clever Sleazoid


Try their older stuff, such as [KR}Cube and Garden. Hell, even their newer stuff such as The Final and Merciless Cult have some great vocalwork. You just have to know where to look.


Maybe. I'll look into it. But I'll still find them to be shit.

Id rather listen to Billy Idol
Logged



CannibalCorpse
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 7973



View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 06:18:30 pm »

Quote

Totengott said: I have an open mind, But Dir En Grey are just shit

the vocals are horrible!

Esp on the song Clever Sleazoid


Yeah, honestly. Dir En Grey are just horrible and I hate listening to them. The vocals are horrendous, I hate them the most out of their overall sound.
Logged


Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 06:19:27 pm »

Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said: I have an open mind, But Dir En Grey are just shit

the vocals are horrible!

Esp on the song Clever Sleazoid


Yeah, honestly. Dir En Grey are just horrible and I hate listening to them. The vocals are horrendous, I hate them the most out of their overall sound.


HAHA I know.

All the scene girls at my old High school listened to them XD
Logged



CannibalCorpse
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 7973



View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 06:21:07 pm »

Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said: I have an open mind, But Dir En Grey are just shit

the vocals are horrible!

Esp on the song Clever Sleazoid


Yeah, honestly. Dir En Grey are just horrible and I hate listening to them. The vocals are horrendous, I hate them the most out of their overall sound.


HAHA I know.

All the scene girls at my old High school listened to them XD


That's because Hot Topic sells their shirts. Anything at Hot Topic becomes the scensters' favorite music. At first I thought they might sound something like Chthonic, but no, they just suck.
Logged


burn_all_midgets
New Member
*
Posts: 546



View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 06:22:43 pm »

Quote

caex said:
Quote

burn_all_midgets said:
Quote

LittleMissAura said: Unfortunately I haven't heard Chthonic yet. However, I really like Dir. I've been a fan of them before they came to America, because I'm in to Japanese music. I know that's not very metal, but you know I don't mind. ::smile

Chthonic are Taiwanese, that's close enough to Japanese.


Wow, you're a moron

Why is that? Japan and Taiwan are near eachother geographically.  Anyhow, it was more or less sarcasm.
Logged
Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 06:23:40 pm »

Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said: I have an open mind, But Dir En Grey are just shit

the vocals are horrible!

Esp on the song Clever Sleazoid


Yeah, honestly. Dir En Grey are just horrible and I hate listening to them. The vocals are horrendous, I hate them the most out of their overall sound.


HAHA I know.

All the scene girls at my old High school listened to them XD


That's because Hot Topic sells their shirts. Anything at Hot Topic becomes the scensters' favorite music. At first I thought they might sound something like Chthonic, but no, they just suck.


Yea I know.

I bet you 5$ after this ozzfest HT will sell Chthonic merchandise
Logged



EvilHippieDriftwood
New Member
*
Posts: 2034



View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 06:24:44 pm »

Quote
Totengott said:
Quote
CannibalCorpse said:
Quote
Totengott said:
Quote
CannibalCorpse said:
Quote
Totengott said: I have an open mind, But Dir En Grey are just shit

the vocals are horrible!

Esp on the song Clever Sleazoid

Yeah, honestly. Dir En Grey are just horrible and I hate listening to them. The vocals are horrendous, I hate them the most out of their overall sound.

HAHA I know.

All the scene girls at my old High school listened to them XD

That's because Hot Topic sells their shirts. Anything at Hot Topic becomes the scensters' favorite music. At first I thought they might sound something like Chthonic, but no, they just suck.

Yea I know.

I bet you 5$ after this ozzfest HT will sell Chthonic merchandise

And you two will think they suck.
Logged

October 24: Opeth (fuck openers)
Jisatsu
New Member
*
Posts: 25



View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 06:25:37 pm »

Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said: I have an open mind, But Dir En Grey are just shit

the vocals are horrible!

Esp on the song Clever Sleazoid


Yeah, honestly. Dir En Grey are just horrible and I hate listening to them. The vocals are horrendous, I hate them the most out of their overall sound.


HAHA I know.

All the scene girls at my old High school listened to them XD


That's because Hot Topic sells their shirts. Anything at Hot Topic becomes the scensters' favorite music. At first I thought they might sound something like Chthonic, but no, they just suck.


Yea I know.

I bet you 5$ after this ozzfest HT will sell Chthonic merchandise


And that will be a sad, sad, day indeed. =/
Logged



Totengott
New Member
*
Posts: 1811



View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 06:26:05 pm »

Quote

Driftwood said:
Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said:
Quote

CannibalCorpse said:
Quote

Totengott said: I have an open mind, But Dir En Grey are just shit

the vocals are horrible!

Esp on the song Clever Sleazoid


Yeah, honestly. Dir En Grey are just horrible and I hate listening to them. The vocals are horrendous, I hate them the most out of their overall sound.


HAHA I know.

All the scene girls at my old High school listened to them XD


That's because Hot Topic sells their shirts. Anything at Hot Topic becomes the scensters' favorite music. At first I thought they might sound something like Chthonic, but no, they just suck.


Yea I know.

I bet you 5$ after this ozzfest HT will sell Chthonic merchandise


And you two will think they suck.


No I wont.

Becuase I actually like chthonic.

Dir En Grey I couldnt give two shits about
Logged



Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
WEBSITE & CONTENTS © DIVINE RECORDINGS.     Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Websites for Music Festivals