HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dir en grey vs Chthonic  (Read 3199 times)
the_Thunder_God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2007, 07:11:43 pm »

CannibalCorpse said:

Totengott said:

the_Thunder_God said: save the bodom comment bashing for a bodom thread or a black metal thread. and how about instead of caring what genre a band is, you just listen to the band and enjoy the music.

How about no?

WTF? Is he at this again?

it's all of you bringin the "stupid opinions" out of me this time. now im just defending the fact that, just because you don't like my genre definition of one or two bands, doesn't make all of my opinions bad.
Totengott

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2007, 07:13:42 pm »

the_Thunder_God said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Totengott said:

the_Thunder_God said: save the bodom comment bashing for a bodom thread or a black metal thread. and how about instead of caring what genre a band is, you just listen to the band and enjoy the music.

How about no?

it's all of you bringin the "stupid opinions" out of me this time. now im just defending the fact that, just because you don't like my genre definition of one or two bands, doesn't make all of my opinions bad.

Come on we're just playing around with ya :p

Meemie

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2007, 07:15:24 pm »

i like reading threads like this ^^
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2007, 07:15:25 pm »

Totengott said:

the_Thunder_God said:

CannibalCorpse said:

Totengott said:

How about no?

Come on we're just playing around with ya :p

I never said that ALL of your opinions are bad. Just pretty much all of them you've expressed on this board!::animatedlaugh

burn_all_midgets

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2007, 07:15:57 pm »

LittleMissAura said:

burn_all_midgets said:

caex said:

burn_all_midgets said:

LittleMissAura said: Unfortunately I haven't heard Chthonic yet. However, I really like Dir. I've been a fan of them before they came to America, because I'm in to Japanese music. I know that's not very metal, but you know I don't mind. ::smile

Chthonic are Taiwanese, that's close enough to Japanese.

Wow, you're a moron

Why is that? Japan and Taiwan are near eachother geographically.  Anyhow, it was more or less sarcasm.

But they have totally different styles! As a big J-rock fan, I can tell you so. ^_^ Take Korean music and Japanese music for example: J-rock and K-rock are totally different. It's just the culture's influences and such, I suppose.

And Dir En Grey isn't even CLOSE to scene. There's no scene kids in Japan. And that's where they originated from, so...

The vocals aren't generic, that's very true. A lot of bands have unique vocals in Japan. But once you get used to them, they're really quite enjoyable (to me). ^_^

I wasn't really comparing the bands at all.  I was just making a geographical comparison because you said you like Japanese music yet didn't mention the fact that chthonic is just a short little 500-600 mile boat ride down the ocean in Taiwan.
LittleMissAura

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2007, 07:56:26 pm »

Meemie said: and its nice to hear some one non-asian is fond of japanes/korean/yeah... music^^ ::animatedlaugh

You like it too? That's great! ^_^ We should talk more.

burn_all_midgets said:
I wasn't really comparing the bands at all.  I was just making a geographical comparison because you said you like Japanese music yet didn't mention the fact that chthonic is just a short little 500-600 mile boat ride down the ocean in Taiwan.

I see where you're coming from. Smiley But the cultures are totally different, they might as well be on other sides of the world, haha.

I do have to hear Chthonic, though. I've heard some great stuff about them.

"I've never claimed to be a metalhead. I'm just here to hear new things."
SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2007, 08:00:08 pm »

Just because their asian does not mean they're similar. This would be like compairing Avenged Sevenfold to Gorgoroth.

Jagbag- "Hail the return(of SSS) or GTFO."
xXthrashqueenXx

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2007, 08:00:48 pm »

Chthonic

I like my coffee like i like my metal.....BLACK!::stare
CorpseGrinder

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2007, 11:19:38 pm »

Chthonic...but Dir en Grey still has my respect

40,000 people die everyday, how come you're not one of them?
stlslayer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2007, 11:28:30 pm »

Blackened21 said: Chthonic

metallian

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2007, 06:01:45 pm »

Dir en grey, especially their older stuff. Chthonic are very good too though.
metallian

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2007, 06:09:12 pm »

Meemie said: Dir En Grey are for JROCKERS, not Metal heads/ Asian?..no offence... Chthonic is for sinisteric human being from America.. and so as taiwanee and other asians... and interms of skills..Chthonic pwns....Dir En Grey is also Visual Kei...which is something dudes might not like..

ps: Visual Kei = almost Drag Queens
I love Visual Kei and I'm a straight male. Not sure how that works...::animatedlaugh
EvilHippieDriftwood

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2007, 06:14:06 pm »

metallian said:
Meemie said: Dir En Grey are for JROCKERS, not Metal heads/ Asian?..no offence... Chthonic is for sinisteric human being from America.. and so as taiwanee and other asians... and interms of skills..Chthonic pwns....Dir En Grey is also Visual Kei...which is something dudes might not like..

I love Visual Kei and I'm a straight male. Not sure how that works...::animatedlaugh

DEG havent been visual kei since 2003, anyways.

October 24: Opeth (fuck openers)
metallian

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2007, 06:18:54 pm »

Driftwood said:
metallian said:

I liked the stuff when they were VK the best though. Now they're trying to be metalcore for some reason.::pouting
EvilHippieDriftwood

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2007, 06:20:50 pm »

metallian said:
Driftwood said:
metallian said:

I liked the stuff when they were VK the best though. Now they're trying to be metalcore for some reason.::pouting
I like all their stuff, and my favorite songs are IIId Empire, The Final, Byo Shin, and [KR]Cube. The variety in that is kinda weird.

October 24: Opeth (fuck openers)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: