HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Fucking Hates St. Anger!!!!  (Read 5156 times)
queenbitch82

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2007, 01:15:04 am »

I hate all their new stuff.... I really love their older stuff but now..... ummmm.... not at all listening to the stuff that they come out with.
brandino

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2007, 09:50:21 am »

jagrpie said: I do not hate St anger. Anything that lets me see rob trujillo on the bass makes me happy.::surprise

Rob Trujillo didn't even play the bass on the album. I think it was Bob Rock.

Metal and Industrial Videos at satanspace.comClick to play video
Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2007, 07:39:17 pm »

SixStringSamurai said:
jagrpie said: I do not hate St anger. Anything that lets me see rob trujillo on the bass makes me happy.::surprise
I'll concede...Trujillo can slap a bass, but that's the only positive about St. Anger.

I actually love the record, it's great for what it is supposed to be.
And Rob didnt play bass on st. anger.
OZZFEST_FAN

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2007, 10:15:38 pm »

THAT  SHIT  SUCKS.!!!!!!!

Fuck you, Fuck religion, & Fuck this world
Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2007, 10:23:27 pm »

brandino said:

Rob Trujillo didn't even play the bass on the album. I think it was Bob Rock.

Yeah, it was Bob. Pretty good too.
watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2007, 02:38:10 pm »

One of the worst albums I've ever listened to, absolute shit.

The_Wicked_One

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2007, 04:11:20 pm »

watchwolf said: One of the worst albums I've ever listened to, absolute shit.

agreed

I haven't liked metallica since Load.

Thrash era was great. Kill em All- And Justice For All

Black Album was alright,  I like Enter Sandman and ummmm i think thats it.

Garage Inc: some good covers but they butchered stone cold crazy.

Load: lost faith
ReLoad: continued proof of y i lost faith
St. Anger: simplistic/no solo/shitty lyrics all rolled into crappy production.
Some Kind of Monster: crappy attempt to reconnect to their thrash days.

Still_Unbroken

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2007, 07:24:27 pm »

The_Wicked_One said:
watchwolf said: One of the worst albums I've ever listened to, absolute shit.

agreed

I haven't liked metallica since Load.

Thrash era was great. Kill em All- And Justice For All

Black Album was alright,  I like Enter Sandman and ummmm i think thats it.

Garage Inc: some good covers but they butchered stone cold crazy.

Load: lost faith
ReLoad: continued proof of y i lost faith
St. Anger: simplistic/no solo/shitty lyrics all rolled into crappy production.
Some Kind of Monster: crappy attempt to reconnect to their thrash days.

How was skom any attempt at "reconnecting" with their thrash days?
HarvesterOfSorrow

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2007, 02:36:41 am »

Except for the fact that he didn't play bass on the album.

~Harvester of Sorrow. Language of the mad.~

Fuck it all and fucking no regrets.
MVP

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2008, 05:25:04 am »

Stupid thread.::finger

Hello Me, It's Me again::laugh
CowboyFromHell6604

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2008, 12:25:17 am »

here here brother!

ZonedWithinRage
Community

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2008, 06:49:25 pm »

What a waste of money..I got it day it was released and it really let me down..Thought sound was so so but James vocals plain out suck ballz!..he is totally replaceable IMO!..I've heard some of the new shit and it sucks magor ass..just face it...alcohol fuelled them for years.
METALLICADRUNK>>>>>>>SOBERTALLICA

Dante_Da_Buildin

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2008, 07:16:40 pm »

Their self-titled wasn't that great exept enter sandman...that was a decent song, but from their they just suck ass, they need to write more songs like the ones on ride the lightning ...and justice for all, and master of puppets.

::finger::finger::finger
Handerson

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2008, 09:47:08 pm »

why in the hell does everyone hate St. Anger? It was good, it wasnt the same as old metallica, so what, does that make it suck? people need to get off their fucking high horses and deal with it. Every person ive heard of who hates St. Anger has had the stupidest reasons for hating it "oh, there arent any solos" none of the songs needed solos, i love solos as much as the next guy, but you gotta know when a song needs a solo and when it doesnt. Also, the fucker that started this "Lars' snare was way too tight" what in the hell kind of a comment is that. Its a drum, a snare drum at that, tight is how its supposed to sound. When does anyone ever say "oh listen to this drummer, his sound is so sloppy, its amazing" the only place where that could be a valid comment is when youre talking about a shitty experimental noise band. St. Anger was good, and the only ones who had a good excuse were the ones who said they dont like metallica anyways, which hey, to each his own. So until you fuckers come up with a good reason, STOP HATING ON ST. ANGER!!!

I am the DICTATOR, and I rule with an IRON DICK!!!
ZonedWithinRage
Community

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2008, 10:17:35 pm »

Handerson said: why in the hell does everyone hate St. Anger? It was good, it wasnt the same as old metallica, so what, does that make it suck? people need to get off their fucking high horses and deal with it. Every person ive heard of who hates St. Anger has had the stupidest reasons for hating it "oh, there arent any solos" none of the songs needed solos, i love solos as much as the next guy, but you gotta know when a song needs a solo and when it doesnt. Also, the fucker that started this "Lars' snare was way too tight" what in the hell kind of a comment is that. Its a drum, a snare drum at that, tight is how its supposed to sound. When does anyone ever say "oh listen to this drummer, his sound is so sloppy, its amazing" the only place where that could be a valid comment is when youre talking about a shitty experimental noise band. St. Anger was good, and the only ones who had a good excuse were the ones who said they dont like metallica anyways, which hey, to each his own. So until you fuckers come up with a good reason, STOP HATING ON ST. ANGER!!!

Your opinion sucks & fails. That album sucked so much ass WE don't need a reason to hate it..it's simply hated. St. Anger is definitely the noisiest, ugliest record Metallica's ever made. It scrapes and slams and crunches and screeches. Lars Ulrich's drums crash like empty barrels whacked with steel rods. James Hetfield's guitar chops the air with the fury of a prizefighter. (Kirk Hammett's guitar, by contrast, is apparently sitting in Jason Newsted's garage HuhHuh?? there's not one solo anywhere on this album.) The vocals are sometimes distorted, other times, though, Hetfield's voice cracks, as he strains for long-lost notes.
The mix is punishing. Too often, the guitars and drums blend into a wall of raw noise. Sitting and listening to this record (under the gimlet eye of a surly, paranoid publicist HuhHuh?? Lars's hatred of the internet forbade mailing advance copies to critics) isn't cathartic, the way the old albums were. It's painful. Eventually, you start wanting to escape, to run from the noise and let a different room's empty, silent air caress your eardrums, like cool water after a too-hot, too-big meal.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: