HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: slipknot sell outs  (Read 2765 times)
eXile59

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2009, 12:36:47 am »

Why is this thread so long? Slipknot can not sell out because they never made good music to begin with.

unknownsilence666

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2009, 12:48:00 am »

Im a fan of slipknot and I agree their new albun was terrible, I would rather listen to their old stuff and slipknot was what got me into metal  ::smile
mynamexdistance

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2009, 07:31:13 am »

I don't think they even really pick which bands go on tour with them for one.  And the new slipknot album is good, u just need to get that dick out of your ear.
ChickenFucker
Community

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2009, 08:32:29 am »

mynamexdistance said: I don't think they even really pick which bands go on tour with them for one.  And the new slipknot album is good, u just need to get that dick out of your ear.

::laugh::looking::confused

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2009, 09:53:28 am »

ChickenFucker said:
Omnipotent said:
ChickenFucker said:
Omnipotent said:
zerogwing said: you guys are all saying u cant get past the vocals so is it just the music u like?
i actually got passed the vocals and enjoy them now.
I can't get past their atrocious cover of "The Trooper", but you are the fag who thinks Iron Maiden sucks, right? So you won't understand that.
i didnt say iron maiden sucks, i just said i never got into them. i like machine heads version of hallowed be thy name tho. does that count for anything? haha
That's pretty good. It's a fuck of alot better than Cradle of Filth's version.

Neither are any where near as good as Solitude Aeturnus's excellent version.

sunshinespacefuck

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2009, 10:00:56 am »

watchwolf said:
ChickenFucker said:
Omnipotent said:
ChickenFucker said:
Omnipotent said:
zerogwing said: you guys are all saying u cant get past the vocals so is it just the music u like?
I can't get past their atrocious cover of "The Trooper", but you are the fag who thinks Iron Maiden sucks, right? So you won't understand that.
i didnt say iron maiden sucks, i just said i never got into them. i like machine heads version of hallowed be thy name tho. does that count for anything? haha

nothing's as good as the pleasure i would get from watching watchwolf get the shit kicked out of him

ChickenFucker
Community

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2009, 10:04:14 am »

watchwolf said:

ChickenFucker said:

Omnipotent said:

ChickenFucker said:

Omnipotent said:

Haven't heard it. I do like SA though.

The_post_modern_sadist
Sadistic asshole, poet and madman
Community

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2009, 10:46:53 am »

mynamexdistance said: I don't think they even really pick which bands go on tour with them for one.  And the new slipknot album is good, u just need to get that dick out of your ear.
*gets out handcuffs*

watchwolf

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2009, 10:49:27 am »

sunshinespacefuck said:
watchwolf said:
ChickenFucker said:
Omnipotent said:
ChickenFucker said:
Omnipotent said:

nothing's as good as the pleasure i would get from watching watchwolf get the shit kicked out of him

So sorry that me posting an opinion gets you so upset.

The_post_modern_sadist
Sadistic asshole, poet and madman
Community

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2009, 10:50:43 am »

sunshinespacefuck said:
watchwolf said:
ChickenFucker said:
Omnipotent said:
ChickenFucker said:
Omnipotent said:

watchwolf jacks off to burzum and other tr00 grIm kvlt metal bands. ::animatedlaugh

???????DawnoftheDead???????

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2009, 11:07:34 am »

watchwolf said:
sunshinespacefuck said:
watchwolf said:
ChickenFucker said:
Omnipotent said:
ChickenFucker said:
Omnipotent said:

I think it's funny that someone gets that way. ChickenFucker doesn't like Cradle's version of Hallowed By Thy Name, and do I whine and want his ass beat. I sure do not::confused

Metal_Alex

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2009, 11:08:03 am »

DamnYankee07 said: Well, I like Slipknot still, but they've always been sellouts, sorry. Even after their first record, they released a radio friendly version of Wait and Bleed, with most of the screaming taken out, and Cory mainly just talking/rapping the vocal parts for the verses. During Iowa, when they were running around talking about how metal they were, how that album would alienate previous fans cause the album was to heavy, they released a radio friendly version of My Plague for the Resident Evil soundtrack. Also, if the story in Guitar World was true I read with the guitarists, they claim there were originally solos on the Self titled album, but that the record company made them dumb it down and take the solos out cause solos weren't "in" at the time. I don't know if that ones true, or if it's an excuse, but they have always been sellouts. There are many more stories like that, but I'm tired of typing. And Coheed and Cambria is okay, but I can't get past the vocals.

solo part is true. lol

i work for roadrunner

solos werent "IN" and they wanted to appeal to mainstream fans. which was a DUMB FUCKING MOVE on the label's part. yes the label is still kicking themselves in the ass for that one.

i think if the album had guitar solos it would have been better.

but when they came out i was already listening to an album called bloodthirst by a band called cannibal corpse

so slipknot was fucking weak to me

Fuck Your God

ChickenFucker
Community

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2009, 11:37:50 am »

watchwolf said:

sunshinespacefuck said:

watchwolf said:

ChickenFucker said:

Omnipotent said:

ChickenFucker said:

Omnipotent said:

You do come off as a major douche in a good portion of your posts, however this wasn't one of those times. As Cthtulu Dawn (prob misspelled) said I was probably more douche like in my anti CoF statement.

ZonedWithinRage
Community

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2009, 04:42:59 pm »

They have always been somewhat melodic but they are nu-metal so you have to expect crap..besides IOWA cant be compared to any of there other shit..just be happy they made one somewhat good album..lol.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: