HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ozzfest Survival Guide  (Read 8770 times)
TRIPLEXSTAR

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2007, 04:13:45 pm »

Things To Do Before Ozzfest:

*Make sure you have enough $ saved up for gas, food, lodging, and merchandise
*If you have a long drive or plan on getting drunk it is advisable that you should look at reserving a hotel room the night before/after the fest. No one wants to have their friends or family in traffic accidents due to sleepiness or intoxication. Be safe for yourself and others.
*You will want to makes plans to be off for work the day of the show and the day after the show. If you have a long drive you may want to be off work the day before the show and drive to the city of the show a day early.

Things To Bring To Ozzfest:
*Money for food and drinks. The prices are much higher than fast food restaraunts and most amphitheaters I have been to. The fest starts around 12:00 p.m. and ends at 11:00 p.m. in most cities. Also there are many different merch booths at Ozzfest. You can purchase shirts, beanies, CDs, DVDs, stickers, posters, etc. Bring $
*Earplugs
*A hat to block the sun
*Suntan Lotion
*Proper Attire (No long sleeve shirts, coats, blue jeans or long pants. Most venues do not allow chain wallets, chains, spikes or any other object which could vause injury to yourself or others. You may want to wear a t-shirt and hat so you do not get sunburned badly)
*Sheets for your vehicle interior. No one wants their ride covered in mud by friends who were rained on at Ozzfest all day.
*Water, if they allow it. In 2005 they allowed 1/2 gallons of water and food upon entry. Best bet is to contact the venue the week before the show to confirm if any special items are allowed or restricted
*Disposable Cameras, if they allow it
*Set List Times of when the bands play on both stages. This can be found at www.OZZFEST.com under the tour dates section a few days before your show. Print it off so you can plan out your day.

Before The Concert:
*Get there early to avoid traffic delays that may cause you to miss good bands and keep you far away from the second stage area.
*Eat well before you go. It will be hot and the food prices are high.
*Be prepared to stand in line if you get to the show before it starts. Also be prepared to get patted down by security and possibly searched with a metal detector.

Far Beyond Driven
::finger
TRIPLEXSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 04:14:17 pm »

Ozzfest 2007 Line Up:
*Performing on the main stage in the afternnoon until the end of the concert:
Lordi, Static X, Lamb of God, Ozzy Osbourne
*Performing on the 2nd stage starting at 1:00 pm until the end of the 2md stage @ 7:00 pm:
In This Moment, Ankla, Nile, The Showdown, Daath, Circus Diablos, 3 Inches Of Blood, Chthonic, Behemoth, Mondo Generator, Hatebreed

Mosh Pit Ettquite:
*Be respectful and keep it safe
*No headhunting
*Watch the pit before you join in. If you are a Ozzfest newbie you may not want to be in a Lamb of God, Hatebreed, or Nile pit. Other bands have rough pits too, so do not jump right in without watching, you may get more than you bargained for.
*Do not try to mosh with people who are not in the pit
*If you see someone fall, stop and help them to their feet
*Do not take your wallet, cellphone, or anything else in the pit that you do not want to take a chance on getting lost or destroyed

By www.myspace.com/shawnthompson
www.ozzfest.com/profile/TRIPLEXSTAR

Far Beyond Driven
TRIPLEXSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 04:14:33 pm »

The Concert:

The 2nd stage is usually located outside of the venue in a parking lot or field adjacent to the venue. The second stage is general admission and is open with no seating, except for the PLARS platform and soundbooth. Mosh pits, crowd surfing, and dancing is a usual site during the second stage performance.

While the 2nd stage is going on, if you see a band playing you do not like, you can walk around and look at the various booths. Be advised that System of a Down, Drowning Pool, Hatebreed, Slipknot, Arch Enemy, God Forbid, Lacuna Coil, Atreyu, Static X, Kittie, Unearth, Bleeding Through, Chevelle, Lost Prophets, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, and Disturbed all started off on the second stage as rotating bands performing before anyone else on the fest. Be careful of which bands you decide to skip!!!

Jagermeister has a booth that gives away shot glasses and other swag. The Jagermeister sponsored bands autograph posters and meet the fans for free. Your time with the bands will be brief and if you want a picture be prepared to be rushed. There are A LOT of people who wait in line and they run you through the line quickly.

FYE (or perhaps another sponsor this year) has a booth where you buy CD/DVD?HuhHuh?s of the bands on Ozzfest and you get a colored wrist band to meet that band and have the CD/DVD booklet autographed by the band. The more popular the band the longer the line and wait. For example last year my friend waited maybe 2 minutes to meet Bad Acid Trip. I had to wait about 30 minutes to meet Lamb of God in 2004. In 2003 people waited in line for a few hours to meet Disturbed. Usually at this booth fans are not as rushed and they allow more time for pictures since you actually bought the bands CD/DVD.

In years past their have been booths that give away free Ozzfest samplers (a CD which contains songs by bands on that years Ozzfest), free energy drinks, and also booths were you pay for tattoos, body painting, t-shirts, leather items (wrist bands/collars/purses), stickers, etc.

The first bands on the second stage rotate each show. After those bands, you get the final three bands on the second stage. These bands are usually well known bands that everyone knows. Bands to coheadline the second stage in the past include Kittie, Mudvayne, Rob Zombie, Down, Hatebreed, Black Label Society, Atreyu, Fear Factory, Cradle of Filth, Soulfly, Lamb of God, and Slipknot. In 2007 the 2nd stage headliners are Behemoth, Nick Oliveri and The Mondo Generator and the final main stage performer, Hatebreed.

After the second stage is over, everyone usually heads to the main stage area, bathrooms, or for beverages.

The main stage is just like an amphitheater concert. The main stage has the more well known and popular bands of heavy music. Bands who have played the main stage in the past include: Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Slayer, Shadows Fall, Black Label Society, Mudvayne, Disturbed, Slipknot, System of a Down, Static X, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Korn, Linkin Park, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, Deftones, Dimmu Borgir, Superjoint Ritual, Chevelle, Sepultura, Biohazard, Type O Negative and Tool. In 2007 the main stage headliners are Lordi, Static X, Lamb of God, and Ozzy Osbourne.

Things You Need After Ozzfest:
*A Shower
*Sleep and rest
*Aloe for sunburn
*Aspirin or Tylenol for headaches

By www.myspace.com/shawnthompson
www.ozzfest.com/profile/TRIPLEXSTAR

Far Beyond Driven
TRIPLEXSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 04:16:36 pm »

I hope that helps all of the newbies. Maybe a mod will sticky this topic if at all possible to assist us in avoiding random topics about Ozzfest from people who have never been before.

Far Beyond Driven
ZonedWithinRage
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 04:16:47 pm »

Made some pretty good points

TRIPLEXSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 04:17:57 pm »

Being that tickets were free this year and all of the tickets are gone, expect a suprlus of newbies at each show. Maybe they will read this thread and it will help them have a better time...

Far Beyond Driven
lvsnoopy88
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 04:18:11 pm »

TRIPLEXSTAR said: Things To Do Before Ozzfest:

*Make sure you have enough $ saved up for gas, food, lodging, and merchandise
*If you have a long drive or plan on getting drunk it is advisable that you should look at reserving a hotel room the night before/after the fest. No one wants to have their friends or family in traffic accidents due to sleepiness or intoxication. Be safe for yourself and others.
*You will want to makes plans to be off for work the day of the show and the day after the show. If you have a long drive you may want to be off work the day before the show and drive to the city of the show a day early.

Things To Bring To Ozzfest:
*Money for food and drinks. The prices are much higher than fast food restaraunts and most amphitheaters I have been to. The fest starts around 12:00 p.m. and ends at 11:00 p.m. in most cities. Also there are many different merch booths at Ozzfest. You can purchase shirts, beanies, CDs, DVDs, stickers, posters, etc. Bring $
*Earplugs
*A hat to block the sun
*Suntan Lotion
*Proper Attire (No long sleeve shirts, coats, blue jeans or long pants. Most venues do not allow chain wallets, chains, spikes or any other object which could vause injury to yourself or others. You may want to wear a t-shirt and hat so you do not get sunburned badly)
*Sheets for your vehicle interior. No one wants their ride covered in mud by friends who were rained on at Ozzfest all day.
*Water, if they allow it. In 2005 they allowed 1/2 gallons of water and food upon entry. Best bet is to contact the venue the week before the show to confirm if any special items are allowed or restricted
*Disposable Cameras, if they allow it
*Set List Times of when the bands play on both stages. This can be found at www.OZZFEST.com under the tour dates section a few days before your show. Print it off so you can plan out your day.

Before The Concert:
*Get there early to avoid traffic delays that may cause you to miss good bands and keep you far away from the second stage area.
*Eat well before you go. It will be hot and the food prices are high.
*Be prepared to stand in line if you get to the show before it starts. Also be prepared to get patted down by security and possibly searched with a metal detector.

thanks for all the helpful suggestions! yeah lots of water. i think the venue i'm going to only allows one fregging bottle of water that sucks for like a 12 hour day!  i'd have to check the size so i bring the biggest they allow.
lots of money ! yeah did he mention lots of fucking money! good thing it was free you'll need money !!!!
TRIPLEXSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 04:19:17 pm »

Most Live Nation venues let you bring 1 liter of water in a clear plastic container. Visit their venue website.

Far Beyond Driven
TRIPLEXSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 04:19:53 pm »

If anyone has any questions, add me as a friend and I will be more than happy to help you if I can.

Far Beyond Driven
rasputin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 04:20:20 pm »

nice list, I usually cover everything you wrote, except the sheets for the car, thats a good idea and mud would suck to have in the car.

only exception would be if all your guest were female, then I would suggest the removal of all the clothing with mud on it instead.

rock on

want to be cool? goto Elton John thread where the cool people hang out.Click Here
spock

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 04:21:27 pm »

Thanks Knowledge Guy! ::finger::sinister::finger

Spock
TRIPLEXSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 04:22:10 pm »

Yeah, I made this list from old lists on various websites and forums. It is complete for the most part, but I will add any additions and include them for next year.

Far Beyond Driven
sweet_dark
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 04:22:19 pm »

Yeahh..have we mention money yet?Huh Lots and lots of money ::smile

SixStringSamurai

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 04:22:54 pm »

spock said: Thanks Knowledge Guy! ::finger::sinister::finger
Hilarious as usual Spock.

Jagbag- "Hail the return(of SSS) or GTFO."
lvsnoopy88
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 04:23:11 pm »

i'm a newbie ( as my son would say ban all newbs)  and i appreciate the advice. do you think it's better to get there an hour or two early ?? or wait til it likes time to start so you dont have to wait too long in line?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: