HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ozzfest Survival Guide  (Read 8575 times)
sympozium

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 04:23:39 pm »

got the worst sunburn ive ever had there, bring sunscreen! i drank 3 20 oz bottles of water each cand and i still almost passed out in the parking lot.
TRIPLEXSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 04:23:56 pm »

$ is on the list. My first 3 posts in this topic cover it all, they are all different.

And what every needs to do with that money is give it to me. PM me for my address ::surprise

::animatedlaugh

Far Beyond Driven
::finger
Lgnd

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 04:25:16 pm »

this helps alot

wake up
TRIPLEXSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 04:25:29 pm »

lvsnoopy88 said: i'm a newbie ( as my son would say ban all newbs)  and i appreciate the advice. do you think it's better to get there an hour or two early ?? or wait til it likes time to start so you dont have to wait too long in line?

Doors open at 12 for most shows. I would be there by 11 at the latest. Even by being there an hour early you will have to wait in line forever. Be there at 1030 and you will get into the venue pretty quick I would assume.

Far Beyond Driven
lvsnoopy88
Community

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 04:26:11 pm »

hahahahaha oh ok i'll get right on that . i already made hotel reservations for the night of the ozzfest i already figuring i'll get sick cuz i hate the hot temps.
jennyb4u9
Community

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 04:26:33 pm »

spock said: Thanks Knowledge Guy! ::finger::sinister::finger
very good info here this will be very helpfull for first timers

TRIPLEXSTAR said: Things To Do Before Ozzfest:

*Make sure you have enough $ saved up for gas, food, lodging, and merchandise
*If you have a long drive or plan on getting drunk it is advisable that you should look at reserving a hotel room the night before/after the fest. No one wants to have their friends or family in traffic accidents due to sleepiness or intoxication. Be safe for yourself and others.
*You will want to makes plans to be off for work the day of the show and the day after the show. If you have a long drive you may want to be off work the day before the show and drive to the city of the show a day early.

Things To Bring To Ozzfest:
*Money for food and drinks. The prices are much higher than fast food restaraunts and most amphitheaters I have been to. The fest starts around 12:00 p.m. and ends at 11:00 p.m. in most cities. Also there are many different merch booths at Ozzfest. You can purchase shirts, beanies, CDs, DVDs, stickers, posters, etc. Bring $
*Earplugs
*A hat to block the sun
*Suntan Lotion
*Proper Attire (No long sleeve shirts, coats, blue jeans or long pants. Most venues do not allow chain wallets, chains, spikes or any other object which could vause injury to yourself or others. You may want to wear a t-shirt and hat so you do not get sunburned badly)
*Sheets for your vehicle interior. No one wants their ride covered in mud by friends who were rained on at Ozzfest all day.
*Water, if they allow it. In 2005 they allowed 1/2 gallons of water and food upon entry. Best bet is to contact the venue the week before the show to confirm if any special items are allowed or restricted
*Disposable Cameras, if they allow it
*Set List Times of when the bands play on both stages. This can be found at www.OZZFEST.com under the tour dates section a few days before your show. Print it off so you can plan out your day.

Before The Concert:
*Get there early to avoid traffic delays that may cause you to miss good bands and keep you far away from the second stage area.
*Eat well before you go. It will be hot and the food prices are high.
*Be prepared to stand in line if you get to the show before it starts. Also be prepared to get patted down by security and possibly searched with a metal detector.

Jezzie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 04:27:27 pm »

Hey where do i find out to see the list of shit they allow in... I forget.. because, if they allow water... im going to dump it out and put vodlka in it

TRIPLEXSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 04:27:52 pm »

Nothing can be done about hot temps except bringing lots of $ for bevarges. Avoid alcohol. I love it as much as the next person but drinking at an all day concert leaves you dehydrated and can make you sick.

Far Beyond Driven
dta629

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 04:28:49 pm »

lvsnoopy88 said: i'm a newbie ( as my son would say ban all newbs)  and i appreciate the advice. do you think it's better to get there an hour or two early ?? or wait til it likes time to start so you dont have to wait too long in line?

It depends on if the 2nd stage bands are of your interest or not and how badly you are willing to get sunburnt or rain soaked. I've always pulled up around 11 am, enjoyed a few sodas then headed in around 1230 or 1 when the lines die down.

~Only the good die young~
burn_all_midgets

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 04:29:22 pm »

all you need is alcohol, weed, and money
lvsnoopy88
Community

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 04:30:07 pm »

if i drank alcohol and sat in like 90 degree temps i'd be vomiting in like the first hour. good idea there. i'd go with water !
TRIPLEXSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 04:30:42 pm »

If you get caught with the Vodka they will kick you out, seen it happen before.

The water has to be in a sealed container with the seal unbroken. They have checked me at my venue before.

Far Beyond Driven
burn_all_midgets

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 04:31:48 pm »

lvsnoopy88 said: if i drank alcohol and sat in like 90 degree temps i'd be vomiting in like the first hour. good idea there. i'd go with water !

I'd put my immune system up against the best, it was like 105 last year here, i was drinking vodka straight that felt as if it would start boiling soon it was so hot
TRIPLEXSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 04:31:53 pm »

lvsnoopy88 said: if i drank alcohol and sat in like 90 degree temps i'd be vomiting in like the first hour. good idea there. i'd go with water !

Coming from a long time alcy... I prefer to not be drunk and remember my good times when it comes to Ozzfest. I can always get loaded the night before or at the after party.

Far Beyond Driven
lvsnoopy88
Community

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2007, 04:32:06 pm »

dta629 said:

It depends on if the 2nd stage bands are of your interest or not and how badly you are willing to get sunburnt or rain soaked. I've always pulled up around 11 am, enjoyed a few sodas then headed in around 1230 or 1 when the lines die down.

yeah i was kinda thinking that too probably stroll in faster if you go later but its our first ozzfest so we probably show up like at 10 am sit there in the sun getting burnt to a crisp
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: