HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SLAYER's Kerry King Warns MARILYN MANSON About Co-Headlining Run  (Read 2785 times)
jcwicked

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 07:23:09 pm »

Slayer fans are gonna destroy some manson fans. it should be great!!!!!!

::finger
SlayersOzzfest

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 07:23:32 pm »

SLAYER is headliner all the way. I think Kerry King should stick his axe up Manson's ass side ways. But Manson would like it to much. In all my dreams I couldn't have imagined SLAYER playing the same venue's with Manson. I'm sure Manson will bow out before its over with and leave the tour. Shredding and techno don't match!!!::animatedsmile
SlayersOzzfest

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 07:29:19 pm »

Leader1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 10:04:28 pm »

BLSDETROIT said: FUCK MANSON::finger

agree

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 10:08:40 pm »

The REAL reason Manson is headlining is because he didn't want his set to be drowned out by SLAYER chants. Which I'll Still do since I have to stick around since the woman wants to see Manson.
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 10:10:45 pm »

ZonedWithinRage said: The following report is courtesy of Chris Harris from MTV.com:

Guitarist Kerry King can't even remember the last time his band - the iconic speed-metal maelstrom that is SLAYER - played a gig it didn't close out. That's because, with more than 25 years in the business, Slayer have been a headlining act for quite some time. When Slayer take the stage, no one else follows. Or at least that's the way things were before the band decided to team up with MARILYN MANSON.

Slayer's summer co-headlining run with Manson is set to kick off July 25 in West Palm Beach, Florida, and will hit 25 cities before concluding September 1 in San Antonio.

"[This tour has] been in the works for a good part of this year, and the way it started out was, we were looking to do another Unholy Alliance this summer," King explained of the festival, which featured MASTODON, LAMB OF GOD, CHILDREN OF BODOM and THINE EYES BLEED last year. "Then, when we found out we'd probably be touring with Manson, he didn't want to call it [the Unholy Alliance]. So, we were like, 'Fine, man. Let's just go out and do a big tour.' He basically said [playing festival runs] wasn't who he is anymore, and we were like, 'All right.' It didn't make much sense to me, but that's who he is now, I guess."

So, while this summer's trek is billed as a "co-headliner," King said each and every date on the tour will end with a set from Manson.

"It is completely co-headlining, except that he wanted to close every day, and we're like, 'Hey, knock yourself out,'" King said. "We've been in so many situations like that, and sometimes, it's better not to be the last band on. So, we're just kind of happy about it. I don't have the ego that makes me - and I'm not saying Manson does - but I don't have the ego that makes me have to close every show. I won't be playing any longer, and we'll be done with our show and be able to chill for a change."

But, while some speculate that the two artists have vastly different fanbases, King said the pairing does make sense to him. And if Manson plays his cards right, he might not witness a mass exodus of Slayer fans leaving each venue once King's crew is through.

"It's definitely going to be weird," he admitted. "My whole thing is, it depends on what Manson plays, whether our kids stay or not. If he comes out and plays 'Tainted Love,' half the place is going to leave. No offense to Manson - I'm just saying what's up. I want him to come out and kick ass, because I'm an old-school fan. He can succeed on this tour, if he chooses the right set."

Fuck, I'd leave. Plain and simple. Marilyn Manson sound like shit, they're a horrible band. No number of reminders that MM is being supported by Slayer instead of the other way around is going to make me believe it, because I don't want to.

skink

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 10:20:30 pm »

i've seen slayer 20+ times over the years, so im goin to the def leppard, styx, foreigner show, for three reasons, my wife wants to see def leppard, its closer to us than reliant arena and manson is playin. both shows are aug. 31st in houston.

puffpuffpass
Community

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 10:24:50 pm »

slayer should headline. they're way better than manson.
but i admit i like his antichrist superstar album.

nazcapilot

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 10:27:36 pm »

As much as I love MM, I still think that Slayer should go last. IDK, it just feels right.

Mylez

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 10:28:34 pm »

im not going to this tour cause Manson is headlining::c_stare::c_stare
CannibalCorpse

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 10:29:50 pm »

Mylez said: im not going to this tour cause Manson is headlining::c_stare::c_stare

Same here. I've already seen Slayer headline Unholy Alliance and would much rather see them again, on a headlining tour.

nazcapilot

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 10:30:39 pm »

I couldn't catch them this year, hopefully I can catch Unholy Alliance next year.

Evil_MetalGoddess

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 10:38:23 pm »

I have tickets for sept 13th. A Monday fucken bullshit. But Im going to see Slayer. My stupid husband likes manson, so I have to stay.  I should have divorced him, when I found out. Lol::finger

Hail the Evil_Metalgoddess! Bow @ her Feet!::finger
Evil_MetalGoddess

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 10:38:52 pm »

Crap I meant august 13th!

Hail the Evil_Metalgoddess! Bow @ her Feet!::finger
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2007, 10:39:49 pm »

I like them both.......im a wierdo thoe too...::sinister
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: