HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SLAYER's Kerry King Warns MARILYN MANSON About Co-Headlining Run  (Read 2801 times)
SATAN

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2007, 11:20:31 am »

MarilynMansonKid1 said: But all of you closeminded little people that can't even give a stable reason, WELL FUCK YOU.

all the cover songs don't help. i mean, c'mon...'personal jesus', 'tainted love', 'down in the park', 'i put a spell on you', 'sweet dreams', 'suicide is painless', 'golden years'

rule 1 for picking good covers is to not pick something so obvious. johnny cash's covers of 'hurt' and 'rowboat' are great examples of good covers. then manson releases most of them as singles...bad!

he doesn't have the courage of his convictions.

first: he went out on a limb with the 'mechanical animals' album, changing his appearance and sound. fans revolted, so he went back to the faux-goth of 'antichrist superstar' and has now released a string of albums in a similar vein.

next: the columbine thing. for someone that used to put out shirts that read "kill god-kill your parents-kill yourselves", he backed down like a pussy when the media spotlight put it's full glare on him. that would have been a prime spot for him to really impose his worldview on the masses. he couldn't handle it though. he should have stuck to his guns, took the media by the horns and said "fuck you. this is what i'm about."

these things might not all matter that much if he had some original, catchy or distinct music. instead, he has long leaned on the glam posturings of david bowie and alice cooper, artists who not only were original in their theatrics but also better at them. his music was only interesting when trent reznor was babysitting him. since he and reznor parted ways and he abandoned the "omega" personality of 'mechanical animals', he has done nothing but repeat the same formula. i can't tell the difference between 'astonishing panorama of the endtimes', 'rock is dead' or 'disposable teens'. 'mobscene' borrows so liberally from faith no more's 'be aggressive' that i'm surprised he didn't get sued over it.

what else?

do i need to say anything more to give a "stable reason" as to why i think manson is a talentless sellout?

MarilynMansonKid1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2007, 11:35:59 am »

satan said:

MarilynMansonKid1 said: But all of you closeminded little people that can't even give a stable reason, WELL FUCK YOU.

all the cover songs don't help. i mean, c'mon...'personal jesus', 'tainted love', 'down in the park', 'i put a spell on you', 'sweet dreams', 'suicide is painless', 'golden years'

rule 1 for picking good covers is to not pick something so obvious. johnny cash's covers of 'hurt' and 'rowboat' are great examples of good covers. then manson releases most of them as singles...bad!

he doesn't have the courage of his convictions.

first: he went out on a limb with the 'mechanical animals' album, changing his appearance and sound. fans revolted, so he went back to the faux-goth of 'antichrist superstar' and has now released a string of albums in a similar vein.

next: the columbine thing. for someone that used to put out shirts that read "kill god-kill your parents-kill yourselves", he backed down like a pussy when the media spotlight put it's full glare on him. that would have been a prime spot for him to really impose his worldview on the masses. he couldn't handle it though. he should have stuck to his guns, took the media by the horns and said "fuck you. this is what i'm about."

these things might not all matter that much if he had some original, catchy or distinct music. instead, he has long leaned on the glam posturings of david bowie and alice cooper, artists who not only were original in their theatrics but also better at them. his music was only interesting when trent reznor was babysitting him. since he and reznor parted ways and he abandoned the "omega" personality of 'mechanical animals', he has done nothing but repeat the same formula. i can't tell the difference between 'astonishing panorama of the endtimes', 'rock is dead' or 'disposable teens'. 'mobscene' borrows so liberally from faith no more's 'be aggressive' that i'm surprised he didn't get sued over it.

what else?

do i need to say anything more to give a "stable reason" as to why i think manson is a talentless sellout?

Nope. You're reasoning is well justified and I appreciate someone actually giving a good reason. But here's my opinion:

It's sad that people want to kill themselves or kill others over music. Period. If they want to do such a thing and be that stupid, than death is exactly what they deserve. It doesn't dissapoint me that people are dying, really. It just dissapoints me that someone can be that stupid. It would be one less fucking idiot on earth. Any real fan of Marilyn Manson, would learn to think for themselves and not be a "conformist" (though I'm far from emo, which is an example of me thinking for myself, Manson has a good point.) I'm sick and tired of people always blaming music, or tv, or movies for there own stupid fucking actions, it's getting pretty old. Just because you're too scared to let people know how you really feel, doesn't mean he is. You don't like his music? Get over it. Don't listen to it. Theres nothing you can do to make us fans stop. Get a life and stop trying to make ours a more living hell. We look up to Brian Warner as an idol. We're not his god damn sheep either. We have our own minds and we're not controlled by him or the media barbies. Give the man a chance. Read his lyrics. KNOW what he's been through before you judge the guy for what he looks like or what he wears. In that, you'll get the same respect in return.
Oh yeah, and the "Kill your parents" shirt he wears actually quite often is pure sarcasm if you did some educational research you would've know that.

I'm doing my best to understand your opinion and I can understand why you think that, but please try to understand mine. That's all I want is for someone to tell me that they can understand my thinking.

brandedcfh420

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2007, 11:51:28 am »

i meant we as slayer fans, think for ourselves....typo...was typing real fast...

::finger FUCK METALLICA ::finger
Ozzette_68
Community

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2007, 11:51:41 am »

must you fucking yell  geezus

KALM

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2007, 11:55:56 am »

SLAYER HEADS WILL BE UP FRONT AND WRECKING SHIT WHEN ITS OVER FOR SLAYER PAY ATTENTION TO THE SHIFT CHANGE LOL. SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::finger

brandedcfh420

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2007, 11:58:19 am »

Ozzette_68 said: must you fucking yell  geezus

must you be a whiny turd?....::finger

KALM

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2007, 12:31:43 pm »

ALICE COOPER THE ONE AND ONLY SHOCK ROCK GOD ::finger

hvymtlmom
Community

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2007, 12:34:26 pm »

This pairing didn't make any sense to me either. For those of you bitching about it, the solution is simple....if you like Slayer, arrive early.....if you like Manson arrive late. It's not that big of a deal really!  As for me, I'm staying for both since I'm a Slayer fan & my husband likes Manson.

I do have one  correction for MarilynMansonKid1: you said something about "seeing 50 year old men jump around on stage" The fact is Slayer doesn't jump around-they just fucking stand there::pouting ....my one and only complaint about seeing them live.

brandedcfh420

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2007, 12:34:26 pm »

benumb76 said: ALICE COOPER THE ONE AND ONLY SHOCK ROCK GOD ::finger

the 1st, and true shock rock king.......::animatedsmile

MarilynMansonKid1

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2007, 12:39:37 pm »

I'm not conforming into anything. If you're a fan of Manson, you're a fan of Manson. When I say things like "we" and "us", I'm pertaining to all Manson fans. But whatever, I told you I knew where you were coming from but it's obviously too hard for you to say the same thing when I give clear cut reasons for what I'm saying. I don't care how old I am, that's just a number and we're talking music here. Hell yeah, I'm young compared to the majority of people on this board, and yeah I need to keep an open mind and I still need to experience many things, but it's sad when people 10+ years older than me act like little five year olds (not talking about you.) I've listened to Slayer, not impressed whatsoever. I listen to Manson and I like it, and that's where I stand right now. Maybe as I evolve more into music and get older I'll grow out of Manson, and I probably will.

SATAN

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2007, 12:57:54 pm »

MarilynMansonKid1 said: I'm not conforming into anything. If you're a fan of Manson, you're a fan of Manson. When I say things like "we" and "us", I'm pertaining to all Manson fans. But whatever, I told you I knew where you were coming from but it's obviously too hard for you to say the same thing when I give clear cut reasons for what I'm saying. I don't care how old I am, that's just a number and we're talking music here. Hell yeah, I'm young compared to the majority of people on this board, and yeah I need to keep an open mind and I still need to experience many things, but it's sad when people 10+ years older than me act like little five year olds (not talking about you.) I've listened to Slayer, not impressed whatsoever. I listen to Manson and I like it, and that's where I stand right now. Maybe as I evolve more into music and get older I'll grow out of Manson, and I probably will.

i'm sure slayer doesn't sound all that original anymore. they've been copied and ripped off more than any metal band aside from black sabbath. keep in mind, during their peak years of the late 80's, there weren't a ton of fast, evil bands like there are now. death and black metal (genres slayer had a huge impact on) were still primordial. whenever you saw a maury povich special on satanic teens, slayer got mentioned. they may seem ordinary now, but in their heyday they were the be-all, end-all of extreme metal.

on the road to shedding manson (like you seem to admit you will), try out david bowie's 'ziggy stardust' album, alice cooper's 'billion dollar babies', gary numan's 'replicas' and iggy pop's 'the idiot'. manson has taken significant portions of both the sound and visuals of the artists and albums. his vocals are almost verbatim of iggy's on the song 'nightclubbing'.

MarilynMansonKid1

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2007, 01:04:18 pm »

satan said:

MarilynMansonKid1 said: I'm not conforming into anything. If you're a fan of Manson, you're a fan of Manson. When I say things like "we" and "us", I'm pertaining to all Manson fans. But whatever, I told you I knew where you were coming from but it's obviously too hard for you to say the same thing when I give clear cut reasons for what I'm saying. I don't care how old I am, that's just a number and we're talking music here. Hell yeah, I'm young compared to the majority of people on this board, and yeah I need to keep an open mind and I still need to experience many things, but it's sad when people 10+ years older than me act like little five year olds (not talking about you.) I've listened to Slayer, not impressed whatsoever. I listen to Manson and I like it, and that's where I stand right now. Maybe as I evolve more into music and get older I'll grow out of Manson, and I probably will.

i'm sure slayer doesn't sound all that original anymore. they've been copied and ripped off more than any metal band aside from black sabbath. keep in mind, during their peak years of the late 80's, there weren't a ton of fast, evil bands like there are now. death and black metal (genres slayer had a huge impact on) were still primordial. whenever you saw a maury povich special on satanic teens, slayer got mentioned. they may seem ordinary now, but in their heyday they were the be-all, end-all of extreme metal.

on the road to shedding manson (like you seem to admit you will), try out david bowie's 'ziggy stardust' album, alice cooper's 'billion dollar babies', gary numan's 'replicas' and iggy pop's 'the idiot'. manson has taken significant portions of both the sound and visuals of the artists and albums. his vocals are almost verbatim of iggy's on the song 'nightclubbing'.

Yeah, I hear those names thrown around whenever Manson is mentioned, but I never really took the time to actually read what they were talking about. I'll try those out sometime.

hvymtlmom
Community

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2007, 02:19:49 pm »

MarilynMansonKid1 said Maybe as I evolve more into music and get older I'll grow out of Manson, and I probably will.

I had to laugh at that-my husband (a Manson fan) is 53 ::animatedlaugh

good music has no age boundries

Sex_E_Manbeast

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2007, 02:29:39 pm »

Kerry is right, Manson needs to dig into his archives and bring out his best songs because Slayer fans (including myself) will not want to hear shit after an epic Slayer set. He needs to do some old Portrait of an American Family, Antichrist Superstar, and Holywood songs since they are the heavier albums.

teh_d00d

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2007, 02:40:01 pm »

MarilynMansonKid1 said:
Leader1 said:
MarilynMansonKid1 said: Manson kicks slayer's ancient ass anyday. Marilyn Manson will be the whole meat of the show and any non-closeminded asshole should figure that. I agree, if Manson busts out with songs like Tainted Love, yeah the show will suck ass, but if he comes in there with some mOBSCENE and a lot of the older shit, than the show will kick ass. Besides there will be just as many Manson fans as Slayer fans at the show. Slayer needs to share the spotlight some and quit fucking complaining. And I don't think Manson is really scared of anything to tell you the truth, he just wants to put on a good show for all his fans.

fuck off.
 "Marilyn Manson will be the whole meat of the show and any non-closeminded asshole should figure that."

I don't like Slayer, but that comment may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this board.  If you think that, then YOU are nothing but a blinded elitist asshole who wouldn't know good music if it came up and bite you in the ass.

Okay, yeah, if you enjoy watching fifty year old men jumping around on stage, then I guess you would say Slayer is the meat of the show. Manson puts on a fantastic show and anyone thats ever been to a show could tell you that. I was voicing my opinion just like all these other little Slayer fans.. sayin "Fuck Manson", "Fuck Manson", well I'm here to say fuck Slayer. Yeah maybe they should headline, that does seem just, but they need to except that Manson is too and quit having a five year old pouting session. I didn't attack you with my keyboard when you said, "fuck Manson", in a previous post. Manson is not the best artist in the world, he's my favorite, but he's not the best. What I meant by, "the meat of the show", is that he puts on a ten times better show than Slayer. Period.

I've seen Manson.  I got bored very fast.  Me and the chick I went with ended up leaving half way through to sit through traffic.
Think about it.  We chose to leave early and sit through heavy heavy traffic, rather than wait out the show and have a faster drive home.
Period.

Your problems are utterly alien to me.  It's like a bear complaining to a shark that its knees hurt.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: