HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: opion on slipknot  (Read 3844 times)
teh_d00d

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 10:43:46 am »

rasputin said: haha wow, actually having 9 members in the band makes it more difficult if you ask me. More people to mess up the song and more instruments to incorporate into a single song. Having a 3 peice band is a lot easier to play music than a 9 piece.

I agree Joey is one of if not the best drummer in the world today, and I don't feel he is wasting his time in Slipknot if it wasn't for Slipknot he wouldn't be where he is today.

I know all of you liked Slipknot early on but now like most every other band turn your back on them and say they sold out and they don't play the music they used to.

Same thing happened with Korn, True fans understand a band has to change up their sound and grow musically as a band and also that they might want to try new things, and make music for themselves and not just music they know will sell better.

Um, no, I never liked Slipknot, or Korn.  I've been listening to actual real honest-to-Satan metal since way before they came around, and I did give them a chance but just ended up laughing at their pre-teen angst.  Pure and simple, they are not good.
And I'm not talking about the difficulty in keeping 9 guys on time.  I'm talking about the sound generated.  Borknagar, Dismember, Dimmu Borgir, Goddess of Desire, and about a zillion other bands all make a richer, thicker, more heavy sound with less members.

Your problems are utterly alien to me.  It's like a bear complaining to a shark that its knees hurt.
rasputin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 10:44:09 am »

Blackened21 said: Don't like them. never have, never will

Liar.... j/k

want to be cool? goto Elton John thread where the cool people hang out.Click Here
madness07

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 10:44:33 am »

To me its more of a freakshow than a band.
pab

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 10:46:38 am »

sometimes i'll turn their songs up on the radio, but will never buy any of their albums or pay to see just them in concert. Stone Sour on the other hand rock my cock off.

jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 10:47:33 am »

soad123 said: they are one of my favorite bands

Your taste in music is limited and crappy.

jamesin0hio

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 10:48:17 am »

1st album was ok...after that they sold out and now they are just another make-up wearing band.

fallen_angel89

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 10:48:29 am »

pab said: sometimes i'll turn their songs up on the radio, but will never buy any of their albums or pay to see just them in concert. Stone Sour on the other hand rock my cock off.

Wow. Stone Sour rock your cock off.  You should really be careful, man!::animatedlaugh

rasputin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 10:49:29 am »

teh_d00d said:

rasputin said: haha wow, actually having 9 members in the band makes it more difficult if you ask me. More people to mess up the song and more instruments to incorporate into a single song. Having a 3 peice band is a lot easier to play music than a 9 piece.

I agree Joey is one of if not the best drummer in the world today, and I don't feel he is wasting his time in Slipknot if it wasn't for Slipknot he wouldn't be where he is today.

I know all of you liked Slipknot early on but now like most every other band turn your back on them and say they sold out and they don't play the music they used to.

Same thing happened with Korn, True fans understand a band has to change up their sound and grow musically as a band and also that they might want to try new things, and make music for themselves and not just music they know will sell better.

Um, no, I never liked Slipknot, or Korn.  I've been listening to actual real honest-to-Satan metal since way before they came around, and I did give them a chance but just ended up laughing at their pre-teen angst.  Pure and simple, they are not good.
And I'm not talking about the difficulty in keeping 9 guys on time.  I'm talking about the sound generated.  Borknagar, Dismember, Dimmu Borgir, Goddess of Desire, and about a zillion other bands all make a richer, thicker, more heavy sound with less members.

fair enough, I know not all of you liked Slipknot before but I gurantee most of you did. It happens all the time, when I band does something and hits mainstream radio all the loyal fans get pissed and call them sell outs and say they now suck and loved them before.

happens way to often.

I have to ask teh_dood  do you like the following bands,

Rammstein,

Cradle Of Filth,

Bleeding Through,

Atreyu,

Primus,

Jimi Hendrix,

Tool,

Pearl Jam,

Otep,

Elvis,

Nirvana,

Black Flag

yes- no or Hell yeah, Hell No!!

want to be cool? goto Elton John thread where the cool people hang out.Click Here
pab

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 10:49:36 am »

fallen_angel89 said:

pab said: sometimes i'll turn their songs up on the radio, but will never buy any of their albums or pay to see just them in concert. Stone Sour on the other hand rock my cock off.

Wow. Stone Sour rock your cock off.  You should really be careful, man!::animatedlaugh

i got it back at the lost and found after the show.::smile

fallen_angel89

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 10:52:30 am »

pab said:

fallen_angel89 said:

i got it back at the lost and found after the show.::smile

That's good. Cuz rock is good, but not without your cock!::finger

WingedOctopus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 10:52:49 am »

Not a big fan of them

::animatedlaugh Burger King Diamond
teh_d00d

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 10:56:28 am »

rasputin said:

fair enough, I know not all of you liked Slipknot before but I gurantee most of you did. It happens all the time, when I band does something and hits mainstream radio all the loyal fans get pissed and call them sell outs and say they now suck and loved them before.

happens way to often.

I have to ask teh_dood  do you like the following bands,

Rammstein,

Cradle Of Filth,

Bleeding Through,

Atreyu,

Primus,

Jimi Hendrix,

Tool,

Pearl Jam,

Otep,

Elvis,

Nirvana,

Black Flag

yes- no or Hell yeah, Hell No!!

I think Primus is kinda funny.  Good bass player.  That's about it.
Hendrix is overrated, but he wasn't bad at the psychedelic rock thing.
Cradle used to be good, back before Dani's ego took over as manager of the band and full-time member.  These days it's just a backup group to his performance, which isn't that great.  Dani Filth and the Filthettes was said about the newer Cradle material once a long time ago, and I agree.
The rest of them?  Nah.

Your problems are utterly alien to me.  It's like a bear complaining to a shark that its knees hurt.
rasputin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 11:01:39 am »

interesting, No love for Bleeding Through? they are the pick I didn't predict you would talk about, and I didn't think you would like Primus,

Primus are like no other band, and your right Les Claypool is a badass Bass Player one of the best,

jimbob232

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2007, 11:02:48 am »

rasputin said: interesting, No love for Bleeding Through? they are the pick I didn't predict you would talk about, and I didn't think you would like Primus,

Primus are like no other band, and your right Les Claypool is a badass Bass Player one of the best,

Bleeding Through is generic dime a dozen metalcore. Nothing special about them

teh_d00d

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2007, 11:07:17 am »

rasputin said: interesting, No love for Bleeding Through? they are the pick I didn't predict you would talk about, and I didn't think you would like Primus,

No love for Bleeding Through.  I'm not into metalcore, since half the genre is more bad punk than anything and the other half are all ripping off the melodic death metal scene from Gothenburg in the early 90's.
Primus are actually like a LOT of other bands out there now, but then, that's mostly because they are copying Primus.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: